• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

Years
  • So, the NFL season is entering its final 5 weeks. The NBA and NHL seasons are approaching 1/4 of the way to being done. How is everyone's teams doing so far in those?

Also a belated congrats to the Houston Astros for winning the World Series.

My Vikings are a surprising 8-2 this season with a tough stretch ahead (@DET, @ATL, and @CAR are their next 3). My Timberwolves are 10-7 and still trying to figure things out. My Wild are 9-8-3 and sitting at the bottom of their division and need to figure some things out to turn this season around, but are still somehow in the thick of the race for both wildcard spots in the West as there's basically no separation between the current top wildcard team (Chicago with 22 points) and the third worst team in the West (San Jose with 20 points).

Years
  • Well, the Chiefs started off the season as the best team in the NFL, and the Devils started off as the best team in the Eastern Conference, so for a while I was pretty excited for a while. Both have kind of fallen back down to reality, but both are still at the top of their respective divisions (for now), so I guess I don't have too much to complain about.

Years
  • Well, the Chiefs started off the season as the best team in the NFL, and the Devils started off as the best team in the Eastern Conference, so for a while I was pretty excited for a while. Both have kind of fallen back down to reality, but both are still at the top of their respective divisions (for now), so I guess I don't have too much to complain about.

Chiefs seem to be falling into the same pitfall that the Vikings fell into last year, really.

Sirfetch’d

My Carolina Panthers are having a solid season so far. We have three losses but two of them are to two of the best teams in the NFL, the Eagles and the Saints. The third loss was to the Bears in a game where we allowed 0 touchdowns offensively. Two defensive scores won them that game and it was a completely unacceptable loss. We do however have road wins against the Pats and Lions, who are good teams. We also have home wins against the Bills and Falcons who are above average. It will be hard to take the division from the Saints at this point but I think we should finish no worse than 11-5 or 10-6 which should earn at minimum a wild card.

As for college football, my Auburn Tigers are having a fantastic year. We have two losses on the road by a combined 12 points. The loss to Clemson was acceptable but blowing a 20 point lead to LSU was a disaster. We are still in prime position for a playoff spot though but we have to take down Bama in the biggest game so far this year. The Iron Bowl. War Eagle.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Just about done with the NFL myself. The Browns will never turn it around. Football is boring.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Cavs about to easily pass the Celtics winning streak from earlier in the year.

Back