• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    USMNT misses the 2018 World Cup. No big loss there. Ratings are going to be super down though.

Years
  • USMNT misses the 2018 World Cup. No big loss there. Ratings are going to be super down though.

It definitely is sad for the Americans who will be absent from a WC for the first time in 32 years. But I'm happy that Russia 2018 will have some newcomers in Panama and Iceland, especially after the latter's stunning run in Euro 2016. The US loss will definitely hurt FOX, who recently acquired the World Cup broadcasting rights.

My nation's next obstacle is Honduras in the final play-off, a nation known for being a violent place and being passionate for football.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Finally getting some new pennants to hang on the walls. Minnesota United FC and Vegas Golden Knights, plus a 2017 AL Central Champions Indians pennant.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Anyone could have seen this coming anyway. They Cleveland'd it again, they just did it a few series earlier than they did last year.

What's the last title Minnesota won in anything that isn't the WNBA?

Years
  • Not much better than our 13 straight postseason losses for the Twins.

What's the last title Minnesota won in anything that isn't the WNBA?

Having a long title drought doesn't preclude me from harping on teams notorious for choking. I harp on the Vikings for it all the time. Besides, I'd rather have the Indians playing on than the Yankees. The Evil Empire needs to suck for a few decades.

Pro or Division I college? Pro is 1991 World Series. College is 2003 for men's hockey and 2016 for women's hockey for the primary campus of the University of Minnesota.

Years
  • I can't wait for the Bucks and Pistons to start playing
    Need more teams to watch (and get dissapointed by) other than the Lions, which have been playing like piss on a maggot sandwich, and the Red Wings

I mean, the Lions are still playing way better than that 0-16 team from 2008. That 2008 team produced Safety Dan Orlovsky, that's how bad they were.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Good start for the Cavs, although the 3rd quarter play was garbage.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • All of my teams have been a disappointment so far, except the Milwaukee Bucks and State Spartans (both of which I just jinxed) and the Red Wings (who have been playing as I expected them to play, like a mediocre shit pizza.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Unfortunately I've only watched NBA game so far this season, which was 76ers' season opener against the Wizards, but I'm keeping up with the league news/scores in general better than usual. Hopefully I can catch one of the earlier tip-offs on Sunday, but I think they might conflict with the Mexican Grand Prix. I might just shell out for League Pass at some point.

Scored a ticket for the Global Game between the Sixers and Celtics in January so I'll get to go to my first NBA game. One more of my sporting events bucket list ticked off. It's a shame I won't get to see Hayward in that matchup though.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Cavs are struggling beyond belief. Old, slow, and poorly constructed. I miss Kyrie.

-Izuna-

Banned
    Years
  • So, anyway, back to sports:

What sports have you been watching/following? I've been keeping tabs on the NBA Playoffs and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, myself.

Back