• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

genuine question for the OT crowd/lurkers

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I still play the games. I mainly come on here to check out the pokemon sections but they aren't as active as they used to be unless you're talking about the current gen.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I do! I just don't really talk about it unless I'm with my friends (online). I've played most of the mainstream games since Pokemon Yellow, and I really love the strong history I have with them. That's the kind of thing that keeps me playing for this long. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My interest in Pokemon cycles in and out, based on the quality of the current games. Sw/Sh aren't great, but were a big step up from 7th gen, so I'm temporarily more involved now (and more active here) than I have been in the past 5-6 years.

Until Sw/Sh came out, it had been mostly Leaf and Serena who had been keeping me from completely dropping out of the fandom.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Fell out of Pokemon when LGPE were announced and couldn't care less about SwSh, so it's just nostalgia at this point. Any lingering interest in the franchise is spent on learning Gen VIII mons for Showdown.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm 80% done with the Galar Dex and I'm having the most fun with a Pokémon game in ages (since BW/2, essentially).

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Also, something to add is that I love how Pokecommunity keeps up with news. Maybe not everyone does, but at least there's an obvious conscience about world news which I admire. This is another reason why I favor this community over other forums.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've always been into Pokemon and will most likely stay that way when I'm an old lady.

Years
  • I haven't been on this forum that long, but I've been into Pokémon since Red and Blue. I'm more into Pokémon now than I've ever been, and I'm always flitting between various seasons of the anime, old and new games, etc.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'm still interested in Pokémon, but not really the newer media it's released (I just really like Pokémon and character design).
    I'm probably still here because of the community tho.

Years
  • I enjoyed Pokemon up until the 3DS era and while I keep up with whatever's happening with the franchise I don't really enjoy the modern games anymore. If it wasn't for the non-Pokemon sections I wouldn't use this place probably.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    "Pocket Monster" franchise is long gone in my book. Mostly because major characters of this series stopped their progression. They're a bunch of permanent children, somehow looking worse than twenty years ago. Is it really possible to hang around people that stopped for this long? Won't learn anything from them anymore - and it's not funny to watch the same stuff on and on. There was a time when it was edible, but now it's only a money wringer. I mean it always was - especially from '98 to 2002, but enough is enough.
    In Poland the boom for 'it' slowly withered away along with first movies. Fandom was very much alive until 2008 and now it's almost dead. The biggest fansite in that part of Europe ("Pokemon Valhalla") is slowly turning into stone right now. It's the last fansite from what i know. New games won't change this outcome because "Pokemon" is not refreshed; it's stinking. It's lacking diversified content, which means it's pretty much for kids only - for whom market is still a new thing to dismantle. "GO" caused a little tremor in local media but that's it. Now all you hear is a story of this lady that parked her car in a worse possible spot to catch rare pokemon with her phone.

It's generally a really sad story of wasted potential. The copyrights holders didn't think about anyone else but kids as their target. They could make a lot more money if their vision wasn't so limited.

As for me... Was just killing time with some old memories. But really it's not working anymore. I can see every hole in these games, every little failure, limitation. It's not for me anymore. Huh, who would believe that only yesterday i've finally builded my final pokemon team? Only to let it All go.

Back