• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2010 Event Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • My stuff: What about a relay team challenge on emulators (with no hacks obviously)? You get on a team with like 4 other people, and each person goes through 2 gyms (the fifth beats the elite four). Each leg would have a specified starting time, and so people could sign up when they know they wouldn't be busy.

Wouldn't mind hosting this one if it gets approved, possibly participating. But I don't know much about emulators, so I'm curious as to how this would work. Feel free to message me about it or something so we can discuss, though. It seems really fun. :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024

How about a fanfiction contest? You know, where we create one-off fanfics with a certain theme. :D
    What I get for not reading announcements...

The Great Astinus approves of this. I'll judge, host, participate, whatever for this. The one last year, while it had a few kinks* small issues, was fun and brought needed activity to F&W. Now activity is much needed, so...this gets my approval, which I guess is rather important.

*lulz

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    A fanart contest? The judges choose a category from the anime and people have to draw fan art of one person from the category. it gives you the option to coose who from the category.

Example: The category is Rivals: than you can chose any of Ash's rivals (Gary, Paul, etc.)

Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Frontier Brains, etc. There's a lot of categorys. The judges could vote on which category.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • Hey, I don't think I plan on participating in this, but for people with a Wii and Pokemon Snap, there could be a best photo competition. Best Specific Pokemon, Best Shot on a Specific Map, ect. All the un-pokemon game competitions made me think that there has to be a Pokemon related game too. But I don't know how many people got Pokemon Snap for their Wii, so, might be a bust.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • umm, maybe draw from the project alpha boards and do a collective speedrun of one pokemon game. who is champion first wins. or red if its hg/ss

man, I would soo jump onboard with this, but it'd have to be an older game like Crystal that one can emulate more easily. emulation leads to easily exported snapshots for visual proof of your accomplishment. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    man, I would soo jump onboard with this, but it'd have to be an older game like Crystal that one can emulate more easily. emulation leads to easily exported snapshots for visual proof of your accomplishment. XD

this sounds fun. buut, it seems as though we would have to all use the same emulator, and preferably one without a speed-up option, because, well, that would make it end a lot quicker.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I can't wait. But how is the time of the Get-Together communicated?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I can't wait. But how is the time of the Get-Together communicated?

The details will be announced on August 1st. Which for me is in 3 days. The actual time, will probably be told in the thread posters own time zone, it isn't that hard to convert it to your own timezone.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • In regards to the WiFi tournament, no, I don't think that would be feasible given the time restraints. However, if it is worked out into a massive round robin, where everyone tries to battle each other once, I believe that would work. Less worry about deadlines, and more chances of finding someone online to battle with. And the champion would be the person with the most wins.

If this idea is accepted, I'd volunteer to host it. =D

I hosted last year's one, and I remember how, many people joined last year's tourney, but only few could actually battle.
    Hmm... a Round Robin. Bill, that sounds like a great idea. But instead of the champion just being the highest score, we could make it so that the top 4 scores face-off in semi-finals, and all. They'd still be top 4 in the tourney, and should be getting a prize. =D

I can host the Wi-Fi and Shoddy tournaments if no one has, I doubt it will run smoothly with the short time limit though.

Well, Wolfie, you could host the Wi-Fi one along with 'Zam., and also be in charge of the Shoddy one; or just host the Shoddy one. xD

Screw this; I'm signing up and helping out with the Wi-Fi one, again. W0o!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The singing contests were always fun- though I could never participate because my microphone was so terrible.

I'd love to see that one come back though. ^u^
    I have a better mic now, so it'd be nice to finally be able to participate.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • I haven't been in this community as a poster much, but I have been lurking and would love to join in the fun. No idea what all to do.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I hosted last year's one, and I remember how, many people joined last year's tourney, but only few could actually battle.
    Hmm... a Round Robin. Bill, that sounds like a great idea. But instead of the champion just being the highest score, we could make it so that the top 4 scores face-off in semi-finals, and all. They'd still be top 4 in the tourney, and should be getting a prize. =D
    Yeah, that could be a good idea. Though then again it'd mean spending less than a day(assuming we pick these four on the final day of the get-together, which'd be probable) to arrange three separate battles. I know how difficult that ends up being, even if you have two weeks, let alone a few hours. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Quick question, assuming our idea is accepted, how long will we have to fully prepare it? My puzzle treasure hunt thingy is getting along nicely but it's not finished.

I'm assuming until when the get-together starts. The H-Staff probably don't know, or just want to keep it a secret from us.

Bay

Years
  • What I get for not reading announcements...

The Great Astinus approves of this. I'll judge, host, participate, whatever for this. The one last year, while it had a few kinks* small issues, was fun and brought needed activity to F&W. Now activity is much needed, so...this gets my approval, which I guess is rather important.

*lulz
    I'll beat you in hosting the fanfic contest first. :P

But seriously though, yeah a couple issues with the first contest but it was fun overall. Maybe as soon as the approved contests come and also get around to finding judges (seems like you, me, Jax, and LeSabre will be the judges), then we can discuss how to make it better.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure if it's been suggested yet but I'd like to throw my hand up, put my foot in the door or possibly just y'know, suggest that we hold the "Graphic Art Contest" just as we did last year. I haven't gone into depth with what we'd do but something along the lines of it being open to everyone, you submit a graphic art piece and each entry will be judged and the final 3 best pieces will each receive an emblem for their respective place.

Probably mentioned but the Photography contest is also something I'd like to see back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back