• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 8 is coming! Suggest your events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years

• It's a pretty good idea, I do like it but of course you have to put into consideration if members want to show their faces or not

They wouldn't have to, they could simply go on mic or even just text chat and still interact with the others. I just think, personally, it's a good way to to get to know people. And webcam chatting is pretty popular now anyhow.~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Honestly I don't really like Tinychat much. Just isn't my thing. I'd rather stick to Skype, but that's just my opinion.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I dunno why we'd have a fourth chatting method when we already have Skype, IRC, and the GT chit-chat thread already in process (and those are all there every year anyway). I mean if you want to go chat with your friends on another site that's great but idk what it would accomplish that those three methods don't already do.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I have to agree with Vrai, he's made a very good point. I think we should just stick to are normal three chatting methods instead of adding another one it. If you want to chat and webcam just ask who you want to webcam with to do it somewhere else.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I recently just thought of this. How about a Gijinka contest? It's really just designing a Gijinka of a Pokemon of choice, and then judging them in the end, and such. Winner gets an emblem, maybe? For those who don't know what a Gijinka is, it's basically a humanized version of something, in this case, Pokemon. Just another suggestion.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I recently just thought of this. How about a Gijinka contest? It's really just designing a Gijinka of a Pokemon of choice, and then judging them in the end, and such. Winner gets an emblem, maybe? For those who don't know what a Gijinka is, it's basically a humanized version of something, in this case, Pokemon. Just another suggestion.

The PokeHumanfication Competition
    Choose a Pokémon, and draw a human version of it!

^Same thing as a contest from last year, but yea I'd love to enter it (Because I can actually draw now unlike last year)

Years
  • May I suggest either a song quote or movie quote trivia game? I love such trivia, and I think it would be just fun! :D

Or how about the idea of Picture Chain Game? The first person draws one stroke, then the second person adds on with another stroke (can be line, curve, 'S' but only one stroke) and it goes on and we'll see how the last piece looks like. What do you think? xD

Here to suggest the Design-a-Pokemon event again, like I have the past couple of Get-Together's. I'll be able to host this time around if you would like me to.

Is it like we create a Fakemon? Sounds cool, either way. :)

I recently just thought of this. How about a Gijinka contest? It's really just designing a Gijinka of a Pokemon of choice, and then judging them in the end, and such. Winner gets an emblem, maybe? For those who don't know what a Gijinka is, it's basically a humanized version of something, in this case, Pokemon. Just another suggestion.

Oh yes, designing Gijinkas would be lovely!~

Years
  • I'd be happy to host another Map-Off event. I hosted the New year's one and it was awesome. Oh and I remember last year there was a Pokemon Snap! Anime event, so that'd be great too and looks fun to host. An iSketch event (I love iSketch now), a Skype event (I don't want to host that but there's always a Skype event). An AMV event would be another good idea to host, also.
    This woudn't happen to be Game Dev?
    I'm suggesting a story comp if not suggested.
    If it is, um spriting comp? :S
    EDIT: Oh, how about a SSBB event?

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • RE: Tinychat.
    I'd honestly prefer tinychat. I can't download skype and tinychat is pretty simple to use.
    But yeah, it's not up to me.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • How about a contest where we are given a map and we have to edit it.....and the best edit wins.
    Basically a mapping event.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I didn't participate in last years but I do remember hearing someone mention that there was a dueling event (yugioh) last year.

I'd like for there to be another one this year as well.

If some other people would help with this, hows a about a massive anime trivia contest? (Its be questions about any anime. The more obscure, the better.)

And, can't beleive im really suguesting this... but... Massive RS pvp or clan wars fight? We could do something like staff vs members or w/e. (Clan wars would be easier, but pvp would require a few extra adjustments. It WOULD need to be seperated by level and combat type to make everything fair.)

Edit - Demotovational poster contest? Search google for funny pic, turn it into a demovational poster.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I loved PC's Get-Together, it was really fun to do and I liked the events that were held.

I don't know if this even was mentioned because I just skimmed through the thread, but I would like to suggest an Art event, like Drawing or like a Day-to-day one:
    E.g.
    Day 1 would be something like Draw a Pokemon and then another option on the next day etc.

@zZJoennZz: I really like that idea!

Years
  • I want a Pocket Monsters Opening Fandub Contest. It'd be simple. Pick a Japanese Opening from the Anime and rewrite the lyrics into a coherent, English song. Preferably, Spurt!. I like Spurt!.

That gave me an idea :D

Why not do a Manga Translation Contest? Take a page from one of the pokemon mangas and the most interesting/funny translation wins.

Obviously we wouldn't give links to the pages or anything but you know what i mean x]

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    What about a completion just based on Windows Paint? You can't cheat and use the good programs :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I want a Pocket Monsters Opening Fandub Contest. It'd be simple. Pick a Japanese Opening from the Anime and rewrite the lyrics into a coherent, English song. Preferably, Spurt!. I like Spurt!.

About just a more general theme like you can also write your own original lyrics for a theme song. Im not a huge fan of the japaneese openings tbh.

What about a completion just based on Windows Paint? You can't cheat and use the good programs :)

Paint is amazing. It is a good program. :)

/I just learnt how to multi-quote

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    This woudn't happen to be Game Dev?
    I'm suggesting a story comp if not suggested.
    If it is, um spriting comp? :S
    EDIT: Oh, how about a SSBB event?

I actually second the idea of a Brawl Tourney although Wifi is pretty succky for it :<. Nontheless i would love to meet and face strong opponents and win have a good time :D

Also I remeber quite a few a had a blast with last year like the Gen 5 drawoff(might as well remake it into draw a pokemon contest this time around), Pokemon picture contest where we had to find a picture to represent what the topic at hand, the Pokehumification Contest which actually was my idea last year, and the Drawing Contest. So pretty much anything with art Im game. I just hope this year is just as fun as last years. Oh and sadly I have no ideas present at the time :/.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back