• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Gets on Knee* Will you Marry Me?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
  • Sooo say you plan on proposing to your Significant Other... how would you go about with this?

And if you want to be proposed to in the future, how would you want your SO to do it?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh dear god, I'm too young for this. :I

I don't know. Althouuuughhhhhhhhhhhh. Heh, actually, If I were to do it, I actually do have something that'd be perfect. I'd take her back to the place where we had our first date. There's this sort of... podium like thing at the park. The whole place is serene, and my girlfriend said that it seems like the ideal place to marry someone. Ehhhhhh, sweet, I'm thinking years ahead of what I should be :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm actually the one that initiated my current relationship. So while not really proposing to him, I will go ahead and tell you how I did it.

Spoiler:

So there's that. As for getting proposed to, I don't have a specific way I want it done, but I don't want to know that it's coming. I'm really good at predicting things, like gifts, when someone is going to tell me they love me, what they're going to say, etc. I want NO clue that it's going to happen and I want to be completely surprised, because it's difficult to genuinely surprise me. So that's all I ask for. Don't really care how it's done aside from that...as long as it's not like...redneck or corny or PUBLICIZED or something idk.

Nakala Pri

Since men take too long to propose or they lack the guts, I'll probably end up proposing. :P

I'll announce a mystery trip, to somewhere exotic, beautiful and insanely hard to get to. C: Like the Great Wall of China, or the Kimberlies, or perhaps to see the Aurora Lights. Then I'd hold their shoulders, look firmly into their eyes and express my feelings, then if he get's all snooty or says 'I'm cold!' then I wring his neck. :P

Ima romantic, haha. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, dear, if we're gonna also mention how exactly we got with our significant other, I'll gladly post mine (sine the OP and getting together stories are not so far off). Mine is insane and you'll probably get a good kick out of it. I was definitely not thinking right.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Dakota, you sir have some balls.

I'd want it to be pretty discreet and quiet. But still all romantic and stuff, definitely a surprise. I wouldn't be doing the corny down on one knee thing but I kind of get this image... and yes there's a real person in it that I know and love haha... of going back to where we had our first date. Getting her to close her eyes and handing her the box - cue dorky romantic speech etc. haha

Since we're sharing how these things happened I'll go to my more recent relationship since I'm technically not in one any more haha
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Sooo say you plan on proposing to your Significant Other... how would you go about with this?

Ehehehe... No. I'm not proposing to anyone, as I do not want to get married. If my SO asks me to marry her, I will decline, & if she keeps insisting, I'm just going to break up with her, dead simple.

Mind you, I'm just looking for someone to co-exist with in a peaceful manner, & nothing more. If they want a marriage & especially a family, they'll have to look elsewhere.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Tell them I want them to be part of my life forever. Boom, one and done. Give them a ring as a sign of my devotion for this commitment, and a phone number to the local church to reserve the date and time.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I suppose it would depend on who the other person is, when I find them. If left to my own devices, I'd probably end up doing something like use my very poor art skills in paint, doing something in Game_Maker, or something involving TCGs. Not really something that screams romantic.

As for getting proposed to, I hope I'm not that awkward in a relationship. If I am, it just has to be she does with something I perhaps don't know she has as a hobby or something. Doesn't have to be flashy.

Years
  • I'm not in a relationship right now, so this is a long way off. But, I would probably propose to her somewhere extravagant, like New York City during the holiday season or something. I dunno, I never really thought about this to be honest haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    I would probably have a lot of trouble proposing to someone else, simply because I know I'd end up driving myself crazy trying to settle on the 'perfect' idea. >.>;; My OCD wouldn't really help matters either.

But if I were on the receiving end of a proposal, I think I'd just want it to be done in some way that means something to the both of us. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive (I'd actually prefer something that doesn't waste money) and really, it could be anything from something themed like our favorite movie/show/game, to something based off a special event we shared together, or even just something simple and generic.

As long as it's from the heart, I don't really care how it happens.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm not in a relationship right now, so this is a long way off. But, I would probably propose to her somewhere extravagant, like New York City during the holiday season or something. I dunno, I never really thought about this to be honest haha.
    Please do not do it in the middle of Times Square. The city folk will want to murder you, if you do. Yea, we're butts. :C But I do like the general idea of what you're saying!

Years
  • I haven't really considered the thought of marriage yet, to be honest, but I would at least hope that if I do consider marriage, it isn't done in an awkward manner.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I always wanted to do an 'x amount of reasons I want to spend the rest of my life with you,' of course personalized to the person in question. Each reason written down on a note card of some sort, then presented neatly for them to read, followed by the actual question, if it wasn't obvious that I was proposing. I don't know, it just seems like it might be a romantic way to seal the deal. I'm not the definition of romantic, but :(

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Honestly I don't plan on getting married :| yes before you ask I kinda have this weird relationship with someone, but we're kind of drifty people. If things go our way, fantastic! We'll probably still not get married though, and if we do it's just gonna be for the benefits for health insurance and tax purposes.

Years
  • Mine will probably be an arranged marriage. So I'm not sure if I'll even get the opportunity to tell the person I like that I'd like to marry her. I mean, yes, they would mean a lot to me and everything, but it all comes down to whether or not my family will accept it. I think they will. But, if not, then I'll have an arranged marriage. Because I love my parents and will never, ever do anything they're strongly against. Even if it means killing off my own happiness in the process. Love would come before world to me, yes, but parents are further up on the hierarchy.

IF I do get to propose, I'll just tell her how much I love her and how I'd want to spend the rest of my life with her. How I'd love to see her smile every time I get up in the morning. Me and her - that'll be my heaven. No creative surprises, nothing. I can think of a lot of things to do, yes, but I think just genuinely confessing your feelings and your wish to spend the rest of your life with her while looking her in the directly in those lovely eyes of hers would still be the best way to go with it. I personally find all the overly over-the-top methods to be largely superficial. They lack a charm that an honest, eye to eye, face to face romantic confession possesses, in my honest opinion.

I can think of a scenario, though. Maybe I'll invite her on a drive out of town. We'll spend some time star gazing. And talking about things. Preferably about all the times we've spent with each other. And then I'll just tell her.

Yes, this is my idea of a romantic confession. Bite me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I have no clue honestly. In the middle of time square would be nice though. Oh, maybe on a hot air balloon over the alps (if that's even possible).

Way too young right now to really think about.

Back