• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

God

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    do you believe in any sort of higher power, deity or force? do any observe any scripture or teachings associated with that belief?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I do believe in God and I do believe some of the bible. I'd like to see myself as a Christian, but I'm far from being radical.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Yeah, but only because of my Christian upbringing. I really don't care about the Bible at all and going to church is one of my least favorite activities.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Pretty boring answer but no, I was never brought up with a religion and I just never felt the need/desire to seek one.

Sirfetch’d

I believe in God, but I don't go to church or read the bible. It's more about just having the comfort of believing in something I guess.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I believe in a god but that's it. im far from a radical or anything of that sort. i pretty much feel the same way as Chase.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I believe in God and I would consider myself a Christian but other 'Christians' kind of ruined that term for me so I just stick to saying that I believe in God and follow him, haha. I believe in acceptance, peace, and equality -- things that I believe are biblical that most Christians today are against.

I don't have 100% of the answers and have no definitive proof that God does exist but I choose to put my faith in him and completely understand when faith alone isn't enough for other people. It's a choice that everyone should make themselves, and it shouldn't be forced or guilt-tripped onto anyone, which is also against what a lot of Christians believe and practice.

(Not trying to offend anyone who identifies as a Christian, it's just from what I've noticed in the world around me.)

Years
  • I believe in same sort of power higher than ourselves but I'm open to the idea that I could be wrong. I don't believe in any kind of holy scripture though, people wrote that.

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
    Years
  • I believe in acceptance, peace, and equality -- things that I believe are biblical that most Christians today are against.

I love this. I love this because it's important. I don't like how the term 'Christianity' has gotten such a negative connotation in modern times, and I think acceptance, peace, etc. were truly what the Bible originally intended to convey, despite its more... questionable sections.

As for me, I'm an atheist. I was questioning whether or not there was truly a higher power by the time I was four, but it didn't really click for me until much later. I wasn't raised in a religious household, either.
    I don't have any problem with religious people or their beliefs. The only religious people I have a problem with are the ones who shove their religion down your throat and treat you badly for not believing the same thing as they do - the ones who have given Christianity the negative connotation I mentioned earlier. I don't believe all Christians are like that, because I know they aren't. It's just a classic case of an entire label being ruined by the actions of some, and that makes me really sad.
    A question for those who do believe in a higher power: Why do so many people think the term "atheist" is synonymous with "satanist"? Where did that come from? I've never understood that, so I thought maybe someone who actually does believe in higher powers and things of that nature could help me understand. Thanks in advance.

Even though I personally don't believe in a higher power, I still think people of all religions should be viewed equally.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I've considered myself an atheist for a while, for lack of a better term, really. I don't really believe in a creationist god, nor do I really understand people who do. However, there are lots of things I don't understand, and far be it from me to question the ideas and faith someone else has in something that brings them comfort. As long as your beliefs don't infringe upon my liberties, then by all means celebrate your understanding of this world.

I grew up with a pretty religious upbringing though. Sometimes when I really feel in a bind or lost, I still think about a higher power, and how comforting it would be to put trust in that during those times. It's a feeling I get sometimes, but that's the closest I've been to seeking out a higher power in years. Most of organized religion, from what I've experienced, certainly isn't something I'm interested in; most religious writings I've read are clearly the product of man, not a deity. Just my thoughts.

Why do so many people think the term "atheist" is synonymous with "satanist"?
    I don't think too many people truly believe that, do they? Maybe just the willingly misinformed. Being "a-theist" means being "without [a] god," which wouldn't make too much sense considering Satan in this circumstance would be a god. Though I've heard modern Satanism is more a way-of-life religion these days than a true theistic religion. I remember reading something about most modern Satanists just following the inverse of the golden rule, "Do unto others what they have done to you." I could just be making all that up though, I honestly have no idea where I got that from anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I believe that there is something out there, to trigger certain events, however there is not enough evidence either side of the arguament for me to fully devote myself to one side

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Why do so many people think the term "atheist" is synonymous with "satanist"? Where did that come from?

I have never understood this either. Growing up in a 'Christian' family, in a small conservative town, I heard this kind of thing a lot. Or people that truly thought forcing religion upon atheists was effective, or went out of their way to bring up religion even if they knew it would make the other person uncomfortable. OR that they just had the Devil inside them and clearly needed to be shown the 'right' way. It's ridiculous that people who call themselves Christians don't even know how to coexist peacefully with others and let other people decide for themselves what they believe.

My best friend growing up was a very devoted Muslim and I got endless s*** from my family for not coercing her into my beliefs. The thing was, we were both very devout in our beliefs, in our religion, and we respected each other enough to let each other be happy with what we believed without trying to force our views upon each other. We didn't argue about religion one time. Not once. When she was down, I wouldn't bring up God or prayer to God (because to be honest people who do that to those who don't believe/follow God in a time where that person is weak and vulnerable DISGUST me) and when I was down she wouldn't try and use that as a way to slip Allah onto me, either. We supported each other without ever feeling the need to toss our religions around in a way that made the other person feel like they were being judged/forced into something they didn't agree with.

It's just mind-boggling that a majority of Christians are anti-coexisting and anti-unity. We're all human and respect shouldn't be given based on whether they're in your 'belief club' or not. It's not even fair to call that childish because most children can grasp that concept! They are TAUGHT to hate and disassociate themselves with others over religion!

Okay, end rant. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I'm a Christian, but I don't go to church. Too much gossip in churches around here...almost feels like high school again.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Arceus.

But seriously, like johnny, I'm an Apatheist. If some god wanted us to praise them, they wouldn't have left us in the dark about their existence.

Back