• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gotta get back in time

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    if you could time travel to any period of pre existing history, where would you go?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    the day before the 2004 superbowl halftime show
    i will save janet jackson

Reactions: Cay

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • June 7th - July 4th, 1776

To see the excitement and fervor of liberty, but also the political brilliance of Thomas Jefferson and the founding fathers. I want to the know the thought and decision making process of the 2nd Continental Congress. Although I do not subscribe to classical liberalism (recently growing more hostile to it), the age in general interests me.

With the dates, the latter date is more obvious, but June 7th was when Richard Lee Henry announced his sentiments for independence and recommended so to the 2nd Continental Congress.

If I can expand the dates I can visit, I would begin around 1773 and end about 1787 or so.

im a political theory junky i know

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    i'd stop archduke franz ferdinand from being assassinated just to see how fucked up europe gets

Years
  • The late 1800s to witness German chancellor Otto Von Bismarck almost throw an ink pot at Kaiser Wilhelm II, it would be pretty funny tbh.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • During the Middle Ages or the Medieval times, or even the Renaissance time where people back then get to wear crazy outfits and feel like a prince or princess.

Or even Ancient China, the Chinese culture really fascinates me. That's why I can never get tired of watching Mulan.

User19sq

A few months ago, to rig the vote so we don't get brexit

Me to this exact point in time, to stop you. We need you guys to be the martyr to show Trump supporters what things would be like if they get what they're wishing for. XP

Guest123_x1

One era I'd like to go back to is before December 1913, to stop the Federal Reserve system from being created. Since the Fed was established, our economy has become dangerously overdependent on reckless Wall Street speculation, and Forex manipulation that needlessly devalues the dollar on even the most minor things. If it weren't for the Fed, the dollar would still be on the gold standard today, at $20.67/oz of gold (as it had been from 1792-1933).

Absent that, I'd like to travel back to the late 1940s, when America was beginning to go through a boom period following the end of World War II. (Of course, I'd eventually be carted off to Korea and then Vietnam.)

Back