• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grab that extra controller, we need you!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • What are your favorite games to play with friends? This can include offline, mutliplayer, or co-op games.

Personally for me, I loved playing Super Mario Strikers with my brother on the Gamecube. We were both equally skilled so it was always a blast seeing who would come up on top. That and Mario Party 2, as my brother and I back in the day would keep renting this game from Blockbuster over and over again.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Halo 3, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart DS, Mario Party and Nintendo Land.

Holy five of local multiplayer goodness. I play a lot of local multiplayer, and these five were easily highlights.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mario Kart would be one of them. I know you could play it online, but playing with people side-by-side is even more fun as you could see their reaction live in-person. :] Another would be Super Smash Bros.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Halo 3, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart DS, Mario Party and Nintendo Land.

Holy five of local multiplayer goodness. I play a lot of local multiplayer, and these five were easily highlights.
    Mario Kart would be one of them. I know you could play it online, but playing with people side-by-side is even more fun as you could see their reaction live in-person. :] Another would be Super Smash Bros.

What did you guys think of the linked battles over Wi-fi for Super Smash Bros Brawl? I thought it was really shotty at best; it lagged a lot for me but I don't know if that was just because of my connection with my friend.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I played Wi Fi for Project M and yeah it sucks. A lot.

Could barely even wavedash properly or l-cancel.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Every time I hear someone tell me to grab a controller, I cringe a little, because as a child, I was always the unlucky chump stuck with the MadCatz knockoff

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Super Smash Bros Melee, Injustice, Naruto Ultimate Ninja series, Digimon World 4, Day of Reckoning, Mario party series & Mario Kart series. Not sure if I'm forgetting some.

FloatingMew

Keeping 1 post a day ^^
    Years
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl: This game has become my favorite Wii game of all time with its huge roster, amazing stages, and interesting items. This game was amazing to dive into because when I was younger I didn't look up almost every aspect of a game before I decided I wanted it. I had also only played a little bit of Melee at a friend's house. I remember arguing over the pronunciation of the word Melee. He would always say it was Me-Lee and I would always say May-lay. He was so sure he was right even though the announcer pronounced it my way.

Mario Kart: I'm not going to go into as much detail as I did with Super Smash Bros... Needless to say, this series is amazing.

Years
  • Mario Kart would be one of them. I know you could play it online, but playing with people side-by-side is even more fun as you could see their reaction live in-person. :] Another would be Super Smash Bros.

Hehe, I love watching my friends try to play Mario Kart XD Other than my cousin, I honestly have never met someone who's as proficient a video game driver as the both of us so it's always funny to watch them struggle. Mario Kart and the couple Mario Party games are the ones my friends and I play because the GameCube is the only console that I have multiple controllers for \: Otherwise we'd probably be playing Call of Duty on the PS3.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was also really fun. I have good memories of me and 5 other friends filling up lobbies and playing as a single team, that was really fun. In anticipation for Black Ops I remember how we created our own "Gun Game" and played it on Highrise. That always got super crazy at the end when you had the throwing knife vs like RPGs xD

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Call of Duty. In particular, the Zombies mode. It's fun trying to keep your brains from getting munched with 3 other buddies of mine :)

It's fun to play fighting games with a friend, for me: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Touhou Hisoutensoku and Street Fighter (over at my local arcade.), it's fun for me to learn combos and then show them off to my friends.

TY

Love playing CoD Zombies, StarCraft II, Tiberian Sun and Borderlands with friends, as they are all fun to play cause you can goof around without anyone getting mad, which makes a game really fun imo.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Call of Duty. In particular, the Zombies mode. It's fun trying to keep your brains from getting munched with 3 other buddies of mine :)
    Love playing CoD Zombies, StarCraft II, Tiberian Sun and Borderlands with friends, as they are all fun to play cause you can goof around without anyone getting mad, which makes a game really fun imo.

Do you guys prefer one Call of Duty Zombies over another? I personally loved the Call of Duty World at War ones, especially Der Reise. I think they weren't as great in the Black Ops one.
    When comes to playing games with friends and family, these are some my favorites:
    Goldeneye
    the multiplayer of Mass Effect 3
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    Assassins Creed III
    Civilization Revolution
    Civilization Revolution is an awesome game to play with friends! I wish more people had played that game, I think it's really underrated when it comes to good Xbox 360 games.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • My top five favorite games with friends would have to be:

1. Forza 4 - Absolutely undisputed favorite to play multiplayer. I have countless hours, and over 100 cars bought by racing. I will never have 5 because I will never buy a XBone unless I win a giveaway or something like that.

2. Super Smash - Any super smash game is going to provide great times with some friends. No other way to slap them silly without physically doing so. Been smashing it up since N64 and looking forward to the next release.

3. COD: Zombies - Although I don't enjoy this game online with the massive amount of racist, homophobic, uneducated, rude and insane players. Zombies with friends in person is pretty boss.

4. NBA2k13 - Would say 2k14 but only have it for PC. I usually always win unless someone who is good at play sports games is over.

5. Topspin - Got bit into tennis couple years back and got this. If you play doubles with four of the same player it's oddly hilarious and hard to play. Add a few beers for maximum effect.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • My Top 3 Games would have to be:

1) Mario Party - Always fun and never boring. Plenty of mini-games to spend the time, and its just great to see alliances form and then break again in the battle for the most stars.

2) Any COD game - Offline, split-screen, where the screen-peak is real and everyone denies it. Always great to get a kill on a friend (in the virtual world)

3) Tekken and WWE - When it comes to fighting games, these are my favorite. Ive always loved Tekken, and WWE is just great for over the top matches

Back