• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Groudon or Kyogre?

Which mascot legendary do you like more?

• Groudon

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • Both

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Ray-Ray's where it's at

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • I voted both! Kind of surprising how there were only three others before me who didn't want to pick between the two.

Kyogre is dear to my heart since Sapphire was my first version and I trained it a lot as a kid. It was very bulky and fun to use, especially in secret base teams when I mixed records with a friend constantly to get our data over in each other's games. I'll always prefer it design-wise.

Groudon has really redeemed itself in ORAS though, with its awesome ability and overall design in primal reversion. It's really creepy to boot so I just.. want to love both and will love both. Such awesome mascots.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    While Kyogre has never been my favorite legendary, I've always had a bit of a "that's one cool ass fish" mentality about it lol. I hold it high respects as Sapphire Version is probably one of my most nostalgic Pokémon games lmao

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Why is a lame green eastern dragon and a lame orca wannabe with huge fins winning over a RED DINOSAUR LOBSTER HYBRID THAT LIVES IN VOLCANOES

Primal Groudon, mother****ers
    Groudon or Kyogre?

This is exacly what i think xD, now with his new ablitity of the primal form, he just takes down kyogre easlily.
    You are not going to choose the blue fat whale instead of the cool lava dino xD

Skymethus

Soaring Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    I'll have to say, KYOGRE, THE BEAST OF OCEANS, THE RAGING KING, Sorry Groudon, even though your just a Ground type, you're not loveable to me, and Kyogre has a wonderful design, and it's primal form is just incredible, let KYOGRE RISE! LEVEL 100 KYOGRES!

Years
  • I love them both, which is rare for me in terms of legendaries. And I love both of their new primal forms too equally. If I had to choose, I guess I would pick Kyogre. Idk, its a hard decision for me lmao.

Karajan

I love both Rayquaza and Kyogre. Now that Rayquaza has a mega, it's even more awesome than it had been in the past. Above all, it's my absolute favorite legendary.

Years
  • Groudon for me since I don't like the color blue... so even though I like Kyogre's design better - but since it's blue I always tend to say I like Groudon better.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • Groudon, man. Kyogre's still cool and I have nothing against them, but Ruby was the first pokemon game I really had to myself (my brother and I also shared a copy for Crystal for a while), and I generally just prefer Fire types to Water. His design is also just a lot better, imo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    Kyogre usually stomps Groudon flat because of typing. Groudon was giving solar beam with no need for re-charge to help deal with Kyogre, but unfortunately was given Atk>Sp.Atk build so it doesn't really do a lot. If Groudon had also been a special attacker it would have been a total monster!

I like both. I prefer Groudon but admit that Kyogre is factually superior in most regards.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Kyogre because I love his design in primal form! Because he is a water-type pokémon, he is blue(my favourite colour) and because he is "The titan of the Sea", and I love the sea :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I always thought Kyogre looked cooler. Though it's my bias of Sapphire being my first Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Groudon. Because land. Because Magma. Because Fire type.

Look at Primal Groudon once and you'll agree. ;)

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I think a lot of people are mistaking a pokemon being able to beat another specific pokemon as it being better.

Pidgeot can easily dominate blaziken without even mega evolving, but that doesn't make it better overall.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    Groudon for sure. I love it's type and to me I like it's overall look. Along with red being my favorite color.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I've never been particularly fond of this trio. They're not bad, but they're also not great design-wise.

Groudon is flatout ridiculous to me. It's overly bulky and it looks like a cheese grater. I like the coloring, but such a Pokemon was never deserving of a pretty version name like Pokemon Ruby. I personally think they should've been more gemlike, like Palkia and Dialga. It doesn't have majesty - just ferociousness. And I suppose that's fine for being a magmatic land Pokemon, but it's just not my thing. Not saying I hate its design though. I'm just... eh about it.

I chose Sapphire my first time around because of Kyogre and Latias being available. Kyogre looked prettier and more artistic. (And it has a more variable Primal form. I prefer its form more.) But then it opened its mouth... and it lost all of that majesty. With its mouth open, Kyogre just looks like a stupid whale. I thought prior to that it just had no mouth, or a tiny mouth. I'd prefer that to be the case.

So if I had to pick out of these two, I'd chose Kyogre. (Though I still went with Omega Ruby because I love rubies and the color red. And also, my fiance had to have the blue version.)

But I prefer Rayquaza the most out of the two. Though it also suffers from that awesome design with a stupid feature that Kyogre has. Its mouth. With that open, it looks like an old man with his gums out. And it also looks unpleasantly mechanical whilst being fully organic. (Also like Kyogre and Groudon... I just don't like their overall theme aesthetic.) I wish it'd be more feathery or have wings or something, to better make me think of the sky. It is very streamlined, but still. At least its Mega Form is the awesomest by far out of the three. It looks more epic than most legendaries. And that boosts it way up there.

Though honestly, I'd have to say I prefer Xerneas and Yveltal to these two. (Or Reshiram/Zekrom.)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I think a lot of people are mistaking a pokemon being able to beat another specific pokemon as it being better.

Pidgeot can easily dominate blaziken without even mega evolving, but that doesn't make it better overall.

Yeah, but most people take that into consideration tho.

I'm really excited to see Groudon here now.

Back