• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS offers

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • I don't get it, I wanted a magikarp, and the offers be like:

POKEMON: Magikarp | LV.1 | POKEMON YOU WANT: Articuno/Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde/Mewtwo/Zapdos/Moltres

----------------------
    Who here thinks this is weird? I do.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • word of advise, don't bother searching for the pokemon in the GTS unless they are really rare. Instead, use the deposit function and offer a reasonable pokemon for the trade. You are almost guaranteed to find a good trading partner.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's basically how the GTS has always been. Idiots asking for legendaries for everything. You can occasionally find a good deal, but its annoying to have to run through all the twats asking for Articunos and Xerneases to find them. It's even more annoying when they ask for legendaries that are between levels 1 and 10. Legendaries don't exist at that level, why the hell are you asking for it!?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    That's basically how the GTS has always been. Idiots asking for legendaries for everything. You can occasionally find a good deal, but its annoying to have to run through all the twats asking for Articunos and Xerneases to find them. It's even more annoying when they ask for legendaries that are between levels 1 and 10. Legendaries don't exist at that level, why the hell are you asking for it!?

Huh, I always thought they just did it do taunt people.~_~

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The only annoying thing is, even though you can disable offerings who want special Pokemon in return, some of them don't count as special Pokemon (like Articuno). I don't know: they call it tradition, I call it stupid.

Years
  • The GTS problem like this hasn't been this bad though until Gen VI.. I've always been able to make fair trades on the GTS in Gen V and Gen IV, but the trades on the Gen VI are just beyond ridiculous.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Filter out special Pokemon. You can also filter by Pokemon you have to see offers you can immediately trade for.

Otherwise, try depositing stuff like Ditto (if you have a Friend Safari that has it). Or Vivillion, if there's still a craze to collect them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    They also need to allow you to search by nature as well; it seems like everytime I am trading on it it turns into a crap shoot as to whether I actually will get a pokemon that I have use for due to natures.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Well, I find it a pain searching for normal Pokemon when they were asking for Legendaries as well, but still sometimes I can find the trading easier when I'm filtering for them to not offer any special Pokemon when I was searching for the Pokemon species, and filtering them even more so that I can only trade the Pokemon I'm looking for with the one that I have when I'm on the trading lists. I do wish GTS can offer more reasonable trades without filtering them out, though.

Years
  • One thing I would like to see as well is the the ability to ask pokemon that hold a certain item, so that you can evolve certain pokemon like swirlix.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Part of the issue is that all the reasonable trades get snapped up very quickly. Usually the first few offers are reasonable but they never stick around too long.....then you have a clut of older ones asking for legendaries.

I wish there was a way to search the gts based on what people wanted, then you could decide if their offer was good enough. If I have a bunch of Feebas I want to see all the people asking for feebas. I think that would be a big improvement since you'd cut out all the ridiculous offers.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As cruel as it sounds, I think banning legendaries on the GTS would help clean this mess up. Or at least if they could make it so that legendaries could only be traded for other legendaries. Something like that could really help, I believe. Taking the level choice off would help too. I've never understood trading for Pokemon in a specific level range, but then again, I guess that comes in handy for people wanting something low level to match where they are in the game. But in my experience, it's been more of a barrier than a helper.

Years
  • Part of the issue is that all the reasonable trades get snapped up very quickly. Usually the first few offers are reasonable but they never stick around too long.....then you have a clut of older ones asking for legendaries.

I wish there was a way to search the gts based on what people wanted, then you could decide if their offer was good enough. If I have a bunch of Feebas I want to see all the people asking for feebas. I think that would be a big improvement since you'd cut out all the ridiculous offers.

I agree, they should really do this

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Part of the issue is that all the reasonable trades get snapped up very quickly. Usually the first few offers are reasonable but they never stick around too long.....then you have a clut of older ones asking for legendaries.

That'd be awesome for me, since I generally don't know what Pokemon I'd want and would enjoy the fact that I can just browse and see what I can get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm on the boat with Everlark; it would be really great if they made it so that legendaries could be traded for legendaries only. Either that, or perhaps they could forces us to trade Pokémon within the same size and/or stats range? I don't know… I'd personally be fine with anything, to be honest, as long as it helps clean up GTS.

Years
  • I agree with Everlark's and Nymphadora's potential solutions. The GTS needs to be cleaned up.

The other day, I bred a Froakie to trade for a Chespin, went on the GTS, everyone asking for shinies or Legendaries for Chespin. I had to keep checking over the course of the day before I found the trade I was looking for.

So, keep checking. You will find some good trades out there. The reasonable trades are usually gone in a few minutes, which is why you need to keep checking, but that in itself, is very annoying. The filter functions should be upgraded, in my opinion.

Years
  • So, keep checking. You will find some good trades out there. The reasonable trades are usually gone in a few minutes, which is why you need to keep checking, but that in itself, is very annoying. The filter functions should be upgraded, in my opinion.

Call me strange, but this is actually why I love the GTS. When you find the rare good deal and the trade is complete, you feel really good.

Back