• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS offers

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Whats killing me about the GTs is the fact that you can't search for pokemon by their natures. It makes trading on the GTS a total crapshoot specially when there is a certain nature you need for a particular pokemon to fill a role on your team. Gamefreak needs to get it together in this regard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Whats killing me about the GTs is the fact that you can't search for pokemon by their natures. It makes trading on the GTS a total crapshoot specially when there is a certain nature you need for a particular pokemon to fill a role on your team. Gamefreak needs to get it together in this regard.

So Gamefreak needs to do your work for you? you DO know you can breed the pokemon for th nature you want, right?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    So Gamefreak needs to do your work for you? you DO know you can breed the pokemon for th nature you want, right?

Not everyone wants to take the time to breed pokemon to get nature's and moves. The whole point of the GTS is to trade mons and as a result of this nature and movepool are two of the most important factors in determining whether a mon up for trade is worthy of its asking price or just going to be wonder trade fodder. I hope you aren't here to actually defend this decision?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Not everyone wants to take the time to breed pokemon to get nature's and moves. The whole point of the GTS is to trade mons and as a result of this nature and movepool are two of the most important factors in determining whether a mon up for trade is worthy of its asking price or just going to be wonder trade fodder. I hope you aren't here to actually defend this decision?

Absolutely I am, why stop there? Why not change the game entirely? Why not do away with IVs altogether. Perhaps Do away with levels too? How about the moment you find a pokemon it instantly becomes a member of your party, maxed stats, (not maxed elvels because that has been done away with) best moveset, not detriments. How about giviing you 1000 wins on your record too for every pokemon you just see, let alone capture?

Shocking as it may be, how many people DON'T actually care about natures? TONS of people only care about getting the particular pokemon. And once you trade enough pokemon with other people, you can get any egg move you want on any other pokemon, provided it's possible. If you want specifics, then you trade with your friends when you can work out a deal. If you're trading with strangers, you take your chances, ESPECIALLY since it literally takes minutes to breed a pokemon, and when you get one with the nature you want, you then just on an Everstone and EVERY offspring has the same nature. OR you simply trade Dittos on the GTS till you get a few with the natures you want then throw the Everstone on them. Game freak has made things extremely easy this generation, but you want it even easier still? Why not just play on those online simulators instead? I think this is perfectly fine especially since the people that complain about it taking too long to breed must not have ever done it. You throw in two compatible pokemon, bike up and down route 7 a few times, boom, egg! Keep doing that, get 5, bike around Lumiose City, baby pokemon. (and you don't even need to do that, just go to the center of a street, put on your roller skates and hold the joystick between the 7 and 8 o'clock position and watch TV or go on the internet or something) boom, baby pokemon left and right.

Yes the whole point of the GTS is to trade pokemon, but why don't you think you should have to work for what you want? Why should it just be handed to you with no work on your own part, exactly? THAT'S one of the main points of Pokemon. Otherwise why don't we just use those phone apps and Pokegen sites if we just expect everything to be handed to us?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Howmander's oversimplifying the breeding thing a bit (yes it only takes minutes to breed the Pokemon you want, IF you have all the necessary components already, and that is what can take some time).

But the point is, its really not THAT bad. If there's a Pokemon you wanna get, its not terribly difficult if you put your mind to it and ask for some help.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I just offer Pokemon. I ended up trading my Yveltal for a Treecko, breeding the Treecko, and using it as bait to get more stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Absolutely I am, why stop there? Why not change the game entirely? Why not do away with IVs altogether. Perhaps Do away with levels too? How about the moment you find a pokemon it instantly becomes a member of your party, maxed stats, (not maxed elvels because that has been done away with) best moveset, not detriments. How about giviing you 1000 wins on your record too for every pokemon you just see, let alone capture?

Shocking as it may be, how many people DON'T actually care about natures? TONS of people only care about getting the particular pokemon. And once you trade enough pokemon with other people, you can get any egg move you want on any other pokemon, provided it's possible. If you want specifics, then you trade with your friends when you can work out a deal. If you're trading with strangers, you take your chances, ESPECIALLY since it literally takes minutes to breed a pokemon, and when you get one with the nature you want, you then just on an Everstone and EVERY offspring has the same nature. OR you simply trade Dittos on the GTS till you get a few with the natures you want then throw the Everstone on them. Game freak has made things extremely easy this generation, but you want it even easier still? Why not just play on those online simulators instead? I think this is perfectly fine especially since the people that complain about it taking too long to breed must not have ever done it. You throw in two compatible pokemon, bike up and down route 7 a few times, boom, egg! Keep doing that, get 5, bike around Lumiose City, baby pokemon. (and you don't even need to do that, just go to the center of a street, put on your roller skates and hold the joystick between the 7 and 8 o'clock position and watch TV or go on the internet or something) boom, baby pokemon left and right.

Yes the whole point of the GTS is to trade pokemon, but why don't you think you should have to work for what you want? Why should it just be handed to you with no work on your own part, exactly? THAT'S one of the main points of Pokemon. Otherwise why don't we just use those phone apps and Pokegen sites if we just expect everything to be handed to us?

So asking for more options in the GTS which prime purpose is for trading with nature and movesets being a part of it somehow equates to removing ev's, iv's, etc? removing those things would break the game how exactely would haveing a section where people can search for a trade by nature equate to breaking the game? as you just said yourself most people could care less about the natures of a mon rather just the mon itself so its not like we will see teams of super bred pokemon with perfect everything all over the place. Egg breeding does take plenty many of which people dont want to spend doing; its not like we are hacking pokemon only just asking the the GTS be more in depth to getting the pokemon we want. How is this any different than what we have now other than making it easier for people to find what they want? Those pokemon with the best natures for that particlar role it would fill will still have a high asking price......

Years
  • @No chance
    It's kind of hard to breed legendaires lol, cause 90% of the GTS wants them. Next you have to take a chance if you want to get the pokemon you want with good nature and or ivs. Yesterday I took a chance, the Person had a "4" iv Perishsong Gastly up. I had to trade my Yvetal. Next I find out it only had 2 ivs (person lied) but did have Perish song. I traded a Zygard for a random lvl 1 kangashan on the gts thos, and it was adamant, had scrappy and 4 perfect ivs. What they need to do is add summary. So we can see what we are getting.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So asking for more options in the GTS which prime purpose is for trading with nature and movesets being a part of it somehow equates to removing ev's, iv's, etc?

The point of the GTS is to trade Pokemon with other players, period.

@No chance
    It's kind of hard to breed legendaires lol, cause 90% of the GTS wants them. Next you have to take a chance if you want to get the pokemon you want with good nature and or ivs. Yesterday I took a chance, the Person had a "4" iv Perishsong Gastly up. I had to trade my Yvetal. Next I find out it only had 2 ivs (person lied) but did have Perish song. I traded a Zygard for a random lvl 1 kangashan on the gts thos, and it was adamant, had scrappy and 4 perfect ivs. What they need to do is add summary. So we can see what we are getting.

That's why you don't trade off a legendary on the GTS unless you don't care about it. There are some offers that aren't asking for a legendary (you can filter out some of the people asking for legendaries btw). And like I said in the other thread, go to the Trade Plaza we have here. Not the competitve one, the regular X/Y one. Somebody may have want you want.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    @No chance

This same exact thing hanppened to me plenty of times as well. Right now you can do nothing but go on someones word about if what they are saying they are trading is actually what they are actually trading. I always put a summary on my list about what I am looking for ( adament nature aron) 10 arons later I am getting everything but what I asked for. If you want to take a chance thats what the wondertrade is for; leave the GTS to people who want to actually "trade" ( both sides know what hey are getting).

The point of the GTS is to trade Pokemon with other players, period.

That's why you don't trade off a legendary on the GTS unless you don't care about it. There are some offers that aren't asking for a legendary (you can filter out some of the people asking for legendaries btw). And like I said in the other thread, go to the Trade Plaza we have here. Not the competitve one, the regular X/Y one. Somebody may have want you want.

The purpose is to trade by why not make the system better? This is a simple suggestion to make said system better while still keeping it within the confines of the game itself.

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • This same exact thing hanppened to me plenty of times as well. Right now you can do nothing but go on someones word about if what they are saying they are trading is actually what they are actually trading. I always put a summary on my list about what I am looking for ( adament nature aron) 10 arons later I am getting everything but what I asked for. If you want to take a chance thats what the wondertrade is for; leave the GTS to people who want to actually "trade" ( both sides know what hey are getting).
    Try breeding the Arons yourself?
    If you really want to trade where both parties know what they're getting leave the GTS and go to the trade section of this forum where you're not going to get ripped off.

The purpose is to trade by why not make the system better? This is a simple suggestion to make said system better while still keeping it within the confines of the game itself.

They've continued to make the system better they can't fix all the little things overnight, and there will always be lying trolls,welcome to the internet. Yes people want crazy stuff for legends because well...they're legends and right now with 'Bank unavailable everywhere they're pretty rare.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Try breeding the Arons yourself?
    If you really want to trade where both parties know what they're getting leave the GTS and go to the trade section of this forum where you're not going to get ripped off.

They've continued to make the system better they can't fix all the little things overnight, and there will always be lying trolls,welcome to the internet. Yes people want crazy stuff for legends because well...they're legends and right now with 'Bank unavailable everywhere they're pretty rare.

I agree that forums such as this one are the best place to pull of trades; however, there are plenty of people that dont have knowledge of forums such as these nor does it absolve gamefreak of creating a system that while decent has major problems. The GTS was designed for people who may not know of anyone else that live around them who play pokemon or have a 3ds. If we were trading with someone face-to-face we surely wouldn't be trading blindly with each other without knowing what we are getting back. Yes you are correct that lying trolls will always be on the internet however in this instance a way to steal some of their thunder would be to simply give us more options in the GTS when we are searching for a specfic type of mon; I cant really see how this is diffcult to implement....

Finally after what seemed like forever I got my adament natured aron!!

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Anyone up for some less over-serious trades?

Got myself a Piplup from WT and currently making some babies, anyone want to trade me for a Piplup? Would like a baic form of Infernape (can't remember it's first form? First 'Mon game I've had since Diamond)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Got a Cobalion for a Florges. That moment you expect it to say that the pkmn is already traded and it's not!

Years
  • The amount of people that try to screw your Pokebank legendary over for a "6IV gen" Ditto -_-

It's quite obvious as they're all level 30 with Kalos mark on them. Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot. And no, I didn't get tricked.

Years
  • The amount of people that try to screw your Pokebank legendary over for a "6IV gen" Ditto -_-

It's quite obvious as they're all level 30 with Kalos mark on them. Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot. And no, I didn't get tricked.

yea i seem to notice this as well which is kinda funny. i admit i did fall for such a thing but i didn't use the Pokemon he asked for anyway so it was fine.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • I think the worse thing is when they promise you 5-6IVs and HA and you get a regular one with decent stats, BTW about 20 days ago I deposited a 4IV gible and askes for a Xerneas joust for joking, I forgot to take out the gible and eventually some days later I went on the GTS and I got a Xerneas :)

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Guys, I just realized!

They don't want to get the legendary.

They want to duplicate pokemon!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Guys, I just realized!

They don't want to get the legendary.

They want to duplicate pokemon!

if you're talking about that method where we'll remove our sd card and edit some file thru our PC, didn't Nintendo already had a patch for that?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    if you're talking about that method where we'll remove our sd card and edit some file thru our PC, didn't Nintendo already had a patch for that?

The patch was for the PC programs that let you see your opponents pokemon and moves when battling online, as well as being able to see various values of pokemon being traded so that you could determine their shiny value so that (I think) you could determine if breeding them in your game would result in a higher chance of hatching a shiny pokemon

Back