• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS PROBLEMS

SparkLord

sah dude
    Years
    Ok, why GTS, why? People need to know not to trade in a wrong way. I mean, people want Mew for a Magikarp! Wow! People need to stop. Stop. Stop Trading Wrong. Just spreading the message!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Yea that does tend to happen, and it is a little weird. But at the same time, if you put a Magikarp on GTS and ask for a Mew in exchange, what's the worst that could happen? :P

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It might be wrong in general opinion. But let's not forget that there might be people who prefers a rodent, a worm, a bird or even a Magikarp. (: Yeah it sounds hilarious, but really I have a friend who's willing to give his legendary Pokemon away for those common Pokemon. :P

Those traders can be also kids, which is uh... Understandable or greedy, I suppose? XD
    That 'GTS culture' won't be changing anytime sooner, I guess. It has been there since the establishment of GTS back in the Diamond and Pearl era, which is 10 years already. Lol

If you need a certain Pokemon and a reasonable fair trade, here's what you can do:
    - Deposit a Pokemon on GTS and ask for whatever Pokemon you want.
    - Come join us at Trade Corner as I would always say! More reliable, lesser chances of getting a hacked Pokemon. And you might be also make new friends, which is a great bonus.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    the gts problem has been know since it was first introuduced in gen 4 and just taking it up here wont make a difrence since those trades are mostly by kids from all over the world and mostly they are not evn part of pokemon forums so they wont even know that what they ask for is stupid

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know people will put up Pokemon for show and brag and ask for something you know the only way to get it is by hacking.

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
    Okay, so I go on the GTS today, right? I want a Scyther. Scyther is pretty cool, he evolves into Scizor. Rad. So I hop on the GTS hoping to get a Scyther. And guess what? Wanted: Dialga, Mew, Hoopa, Regice, Dialga, Dialga, Mew, Meloetta, Dialga. Are you kidding me? The GTS is a toxic disaster, and everyone just has really poor trade etiquette. I ain't givin' you a Mew for a Scyther, chucklehead, I could catch one of those in XY for half that cost. Start trading better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Okay, so I go on the GTS today, right? I want a Scyther. Scyther is pretty cool, he evolves into Scizor. Rad. So I hop on the GTS hoping to get a Scyther. And guess what? Wanted: Dialga, Mew, Hoopa, Regice, Dialga, Dialga, Mew, Meloetta, Dialga. Are you kidding me? The GTS is a toxic disaster, and everyone just has really poor trade etiquette. I ain't givin' you a Mew for a Scyther, chucklehead, I could catch one of those in XY for half that cost. Start trading better.

Hmmm, I can trade you a Scyther for something good.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have problem is that I can't seek for a pokemon that I have not got seen on my Pokedex.
    You can do that in ORAS actually. At the bottom there should be an option that lets you type in the Pokemon's name and you can search for it that way.

Years
    The GTS is just filled more with trading jokers than actual players, at least when I used to frequent it. Please please please let the Law of Equivalent Exchange transfer over into Pokemon, because some of these "trades" are ridiculous.

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
    The harsh truth of it all is that our much needed implementations on the GTS are not going to happen,
    at least not anytime soon.

People do these things just to piss people off,
    and the mere fact that we're all here talking about it now means that it's working.
    Just look at some of their nicknames, it's usually always in very poor taste.

What's going to have to happen is that other hackers,
    or at least people who have time to clone millions of legendaries,
    are going to have to counteract it themselves.

Either that or we ignore the GTS altogether a focus more on trading amongst ourselves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Another problem on the GTS is that people are always lying about what they have there. They say it has hidden ability but it never has it. Same for those who say the pokemon has 6IV's. Although sometimes you do find a generous soul there. It's a shame what GTS has become.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The harsh truth of it all is that our much needed implementations on the GTS are not going to happen,
    at least not anytime soon.

People do these things just to piss people off,
    and the mere fact that we're all here talking about it now means that it's working.
    Just look at some of their nicknames, it's usually always in very poor taste.

What's going to have to happen is that other hackers,
    or at least people who have time to clone millions of legendaries,
    are going to have to counteract it themselves.

Either that or we ignore the GTS altogether a focus more on trading amongst ourselves.

You're probably right, people mostly do it because "wynaut?"

But who's to say they won't implement something to block it? I mean, the GTS is a feature of the game that they've actually expended effort into developing and maintaining, and in its current state it's nigh unusable. I'm sure they'll want to at least do something to stop people from spamming it up the way they are now, if not in ORAS then perhaps in a future game.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
    The GTS was never a problem for me till XY, then I see people wanting events that can't be traded through the GTS. If they are tradable, there most likely hacked. But, I couldn't trade a non-legendary for a legendary.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I remember when the GTS first appeared in Diamond and Pearl, there was a cloning glitch that could be done with it. People would always ask for level 9 and under Mews for whatever they wanted to clone. There was a trick to getting around this and getting their precious pokemon without using a cheat device. People with cheat devices found some sort of workaround that allowed hacked level 9 and under mews to be traded on GTS at all. First you put something on GTS asking for a level 9 and under Mew. Then wait until a hacker eventually trades you one. Now once you get it you had to trade it away right away, exiting the GTS after getting the Mew made it unable to be traded afterwords. Quite a few people used this trick to get a hold of Shiny pokemon or rare pokemon people wanted to clone without them ever touching a cheat device themselves. Technically this trick would work with any of the illegal "Level 9 and under" pokemon tricks, but Mew was by far the most commonly requested one.

Both the cloning and the trading loophole shenanigans were stopped come 5th gen, but just a reminder that GTS has had problems since its inception.

Back