• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guardian deities easy to catch?

Years
  • Is it just me Or are the guardian deities easy to catch? I just had to throw i minimal amount of 5-10 Pokeballs until i had caught Them is it supposed to be this Easy or was i just lucky Has anyone else had this sort of Luck with Catching them with just a few Pokeballs?

Years
  • The Tapus are usually supposed to be difficult to catch since they have the extreme low catch rate of 3 which is shared with most legendaries. You must have gotten insanely lucky in your case, because it took me over 20 balls before I finally caught Tapu Koko.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Tapu Koko broke out until it used Struggle then I had to fight the league again to get another chance. For the other it's was easy since I put it to Paralysis.

Jeanster4

Ice Cold
    Years
  • Tapu Fini was pretty easy since i just used a net ball. Bulu was also pretty easy being caught within the first 5 balls. Tapu Koko was certainly the hardest one to catch.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I used every regular Ball I had on Tapu Koko, so I caught it with the Master Ball coz I couldn't be bothered going back through the E4 and all the cutscenes again.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    so easy catching this games legendaries....like no problem at all. Tapus I caught on my 5th ball at latest and the UB's i usually caught on my first or second ball. Tapu Koko was the toughest, but was still easy as pie. I'm being generous saying 5 balls, i doubt i even used that many on even koko. Most of the tapus i caught in 1-3 balls.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I used every regular Ball I had on Tapu Koko, so I caught it with the Master Ball coz I couldn't be bothered going back through the E4 and all the cutscenes again.

i used mine on tapu fini, but soon realised that the master ball is not worth much in this game, pokes in gen 7 are easy sauce to catch. Koko was the toughest though.

Years
  • i used mine on tapu fini, but soon realised that the master ball is not worth much in this game, pokes in gen 7 are easy sauce to catch. Koko was the toughest though.

Save the masterball for Necrozma it makes That creature much easier to catch so Don't waste it on something stupid Like the Guardians Or the Game mascots.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Save the masterball for Necrozma it makes That creature much easier to catch so Don't waste it on something stupid Like the Guardians Or the Game mascots.

I never went past guzzlord. I mean, prismatic laser seems insanely powerfull, but i just was never interested. Is the poke really that hard to catch? the rest of the UB's seemed easy as pie to get.

Years
  • I never went past guzzlord. I mean, prismatic laser seems insanely powerfull, but i just was never interested. Is the poke really that hard to catch? the rest of the UB's seemed easy as pie to get.

The Pokemon is hard to catch Catchrate is 3 (0.4%) And to make things worse He is not a Ultra beast even though he looks very much like it I tried catching him with other Pokeballs first but after an half an hour of trying i just gave up and threw my Masterball at it.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    See, I caught Tapu Koko with my first Ultra Ball and assumed his catch rate was higher because the game doesn't want you to fail at capturing it in front of Lillie.

Years
  • Ultra Ball for all 4 of them I had the longest paitence, alot of Ultra Balls, alot of hyper potions and revives to catch Tapu Koko.

Years
  • I never went past guzzlord. I mean, prismatic laser seems insanely powerfull, but i just was never interested. Is the poke really that hard to catch? the rest of the UB's seemed easy as pie to get.

Ultra Beasts are made to be easy to catch if you use a Beast Ball on them (x5 catch rate when used on UBs only) since they're specifically designed to work best on them. In fact, Beast Balls are much harder to catch non-UB Pokemon.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Can you save before entering the battles with the Tapu's? Please dont spoil, just yes or no.
    The first time you battle tapu koko there is a very very long cutscene and forced movement. So most people just defeat it. With the other tapu's you can just save infront of them. To respawn tapu koko just go trough the e4 again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I really lucked out. Not a Tapu, but Necrozma was caught with a single Quick Ball by myself. Didn't even know it had a catch rate of 3 but I checked right after.
    The first time you battle tapu koko there is a very very long cutscene and forced movement. So most people just defeat it. With the other tapu's you can just save infront of them. To respawn tapu koko just go trough the e4 again.
    After the first time (so during the credits) you can go straight to it to re-fight! No need to beat the E4 again.

Back