• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gyarados or Milotic?

Milotic or Gyarados?

• Milotic

Votes: 45 55.6%
  • Gyarados

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    I like Milotic's more. I think their special defense and their move pool is just better all around then Gyarados. I due however like Gyarados's water-flying duel type and it's high attack. I think they are too common though and I like Milotic's ability. So my vote is Milotic.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I always liked Milotic. I haven't used Milotic yet but I'm hopping to use it eventually. Gyarados is alright but isn't my favorite out of the two.

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I went for Milotic. Its rarity makes it more special when you get on for the first time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Milotic. Despite it being so common, I've never actually used a Gyarados on my team because there are just so many Water Pokemon to use, and I tend to use a different water Pokemon. However, I've used Milotic on my team in Pearl, and I just simply love him~ He's shiny and everything. <3

Years
    I Like both, like I use them often, But I give the nod to Gyara because he's an original, and is evolved from Magikarp. nuff said there. Plus having a nice attack stat along with booting potential is always a plus.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I love Milotic, it's so beautiful.

buuuuuuut...

Gyarados makes a great pokemon to battle. Better stats, better results. Nuff said.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Gyarados. It can fly. Note the lowercase F.

It's not such a pain to look for or evolve. And it can Dragon Dance. Milotic can't learn Calm Mind.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    milotic! I hate gyrados cuz it's ugly and really weak against electicity.. since my team always consist elec type

Ayselipera

It's sort of hard for me to pinpoint my favorite because both have things about them that annoy me.

I can't stand how you have to max out Feebas's beauty just to evolve it. I really can't explain to you how frustrated I was after leveling up a Feebas past 50 thinking, "Oh it will evolve at some point." just to find out the sad truth. ;o; Although according to Serebii you can now evolve Feebas by trading it with Clean Scales? Sounds better then maxing out beauty, but I can't stand trading either. :D

The only thing that bothers me about Gyarados is the fact that it's a physical attacker. I like all my water types to be special attackers because they benefit a lot more off of Surf (a move I pretty much equip any water Pokemon with on my team) then a physical Pokemon does. Dumb reason, I know, but it still bothers me to some extent.

I guess after really thinking about it I like Milotic more. I prefer the design and the stat distribution much more so then Gyarados. It's just the whole finding a Feebas and evolving it part that's a pain.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    Gyarados or Milotic?

Milotic. Isn't it a a legendary? and it's design is better. That's why.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I tend to be more about offence than defence, so I'd have to say Gyarados. He was always my favorite water Pokemon and always one of the only water Pokemon I actually liked. I've beaten a great many Pokemon Leagues and gyms with him on my team. ;3

I don't like Milotic at all. I don't even think Milotic is that nice looking.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    This is a tricky one...I'll go with Milotic. Why? Well, I like both designs, but Milotic is the ugly Pokemon that became a Pokemon of beauty, and requires a lot more work to obtain than simply levelling a fish to level 20.

Years
    Gyarados, mainly because I never used Milotic before in battle. (And because Cynthia's Milotic would annoy me in D/P/P)

Years
    This is a tough one because it is dead difficult to choose between two remarkable Pokemon. But I went for Milotic in the end because of its defense. Milotic is a total headache for your opponent if you can make full use of its potential. A nice moveset and Milotic is yet another match winning Pokemon. Same goes for Gyarados as well.

Appearance wise, Milotic looks better than Gyarados. A mysterious yet sleek design is absolutely enthralling.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
    which wateropokemon has aqua ring and gets bnetter after being tortured by a toxic or falme? and uses recover and waterfall or surf when it's in trouble, well it's hands down right

Milotic is a lot better plus it's harder to get and kill, and it's more worth training.

FLAME ORB AQUA RING RECOVER SURF!

den899pop

Jolteon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    gyrados, because i prefer attack vs. defend

If you think about it the difference usually is from gender preference, where gyrados is bulk and strong focus, while milotic focuses more on beauty.....

Back