• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
>Updated first post with a link to marble's youtube playlist, so you can assure you don't miss any videos.

Also: current progress: done with cyan town. Next stop: Dr kayuko's underground lab!
Here's a confusing, lame, small, maybe misleading schemed map of garna with the current progress:

schememap.png

Colored letters are towns (start at B, blossom town)
Black lines and pictures is done stuff
red lines and pictures is not done stuff. (planed and placed, but not done. discontinuous lines is not planed paths)
Lines are routes and pictures are dungeons.
Circles in towns are gyms. Red: not done; black: done.
If you don't understand $%&@ don't worry much about it.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I got confused with the map... o_O

Oh well... I'm enjoying the game, btw! Best of luck! ;)

Years
Baro I like the Garna map! Is cut avalible in Beta 2? Also, what type of pokemon does Cyan gym leder use? Is it Ghost/Psychic or is it magic pokemon? Finally what type is Chansey's pokemon?(the pokemon used by the last trainer in the gym?) Well that's all i have to tell you. See you later!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Baro I like the Garna map! Is cut avalible in Beta 2? Also, what type of pokemon does Cyan gym leder use? Is it Ghost/Psychic or is it magic pokemon? Finally what type is Chansey's pokemon?(the pokemon used by the last trainer in the gym?) Well that's all i have to tell you. See you later!

psychic. Although first trainer uses a ghost pokémon (vogoo)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
First of all, let me say that I am loving this hack. ^^ It is supremely excellent in every way a hack should be, plus a bit nostalgic as well as I see how Kanto is changed but yet is still essentially the same. I love the ideas you've applied to it, especially the Molehills and the inn and the occasional cell phone call. I'm at the second gym now and I can't wait to see more! :D

However, there is one thing that continues to bug me as I play the hack, and that's the Pokemon sprites. The overworlds are great, but the sprites of the Pokemon show lots of basic mistakes. A pity, too, because the designs are actually quite good (I love the ratattareplacement... what's it called again? It's awesomely designed, but the sprite itself is a bit of a letdown.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to the next beta! Keep up the good work! ^^

Years
psychic. Although first trainer uses a ghost pokémon (vogoo)

Thank you for telling me that Baro.(Is it okay if i call you Baro?) You're very kind,and your one of my favorite hackers(Besides Zel,Seg!o,and Coolboyman.)I just got done with Beta 1.1,and i have a Roellama,and I forgot the level,but I have a Plug-Oink.Well that's all,see you later!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Yes, actually Teh Baro is because I forgot my old account's (Baro) password.
___

Yeah I know that in the beggining I was a bit lazy changing the structure of the region, but now I'm doing more stuff.

The sprites thing... I like them. Some people love them, other people hate them. Well. It's a matter of tastes, and my stile is not ken sugimori's.

Also, the ebay thing is really old news

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Teh Baro..you are almost..no scratch that the best hacker..you have some awesome scripts,maps,sprites(though I don't like the ghost sprite),tilesets etc. I will really want to play the full version of this hack..but I can be patient while I wait for my hack to catch up to Shiny Gold,Liquid Ocean,Rocket's Revenge...But I will never exceed you.(My brain lacks the mass logic you can have) 'Cause I'm a 12 year-old! But back to the subject good job. If you need ideas, sprites, or banners I can make some for you.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I love your sprites Baro ;)
And im really confused with the map :D
And pkmnmaster69, thats a spam, and so old news o_0
Anyways cant wait for more updates and the next beta :)

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey Baro this hack is great!
I nearly got deafeated by my rival the 2nd time
lucky I patched Firered386!
I caught a Bulbasaur in that forest I had
Charmeleon Lv29
Ivysaur Lv26
(sorry I forgot the Marble pokemon names!)
Anyway This hack is great
cant wait for next beta

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Baro, You should post The identity of most move types, because I dont know what is the "Hanger" thing on "ARMORITO" is.

This game is incredible!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Baro, You should post The identity of most move types, because I dont know what is the "Hanger" thing on "ARMORITO" is.

This game is incredible!
The type symbols can be found in tangerine city pokemon center. (but thanks for commenting, because ground-type actually looks like a hanger, I'll cut it by a pixel)
Okay so here it goes. I made the symbol system because I wanted to add somethign different. Maybe I'll redraw the symbols so they look more rectangular... well:

White circle - normal
Blue drop - water
Green leaf - grass
orange flame - fire
orange lighting - electric
greenish yellow circle with horns (beetle head) - bug
pink half moon - psychic
cyan wing - flying
violet ♀-like symbol (looks like the sting badge from quartz) - poison
brown triangle (aka hanger, although it depicts a mountain) - ground
grey round thing with 4 holes - rock
dark blue face with tongue out - ghost
red punch - fighting
dark blue Ying-yang - dark
cyan snowflake- ice
light brown square - metal
orange dragon face - dragon
And ??? type is a "?"

I'm open for suggestions on symbols, they are not perfect (actually most of them just aren't good or just suck...) and so they are not definitive. And changing them is a matter of minutes since I have the pallete and offset localized in tilemolester.

Ah! I forgot: Current progress:

Ended the secret tunnel (a tunnel below dr kayuko's house, the burned house in route orange, which leads to cobaltstation park), although I still have to do the secret in it (each dungeon HAS a secret), but it'll have something to do with explosion (ah, did I menction explosion will be used as a HM? Yes it will, and it will involve a bomberman cameo! To be more exact, you'll have to battle 5 bombermen: red, green, blue, black and white)

Next stop: Cobaltstation city gym! Franz - fire-type.

Last edited:

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
Years
I knew Explosion would be an HM for 3 reasons:
~You can't go back to the beggining city without booming some rocks in Moleman Hills
~Dive is in Firered... but has got no uses. Also you know those darkblue tiles in firered? Those were supposed to be diving tiles.
~Professor(insert name here)'s house exploded!

lightor

Banana Pie Co.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2008
fasdfasdf

awsome!

Are you the creator of quartz?

if so, your my idol.

you inspired me to start pokemon heaven and hell

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Yeah, Baro this is looking a lot better than Quartz from what I played.

Good luck, and can't wait to see more updates from this.

Back