• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Any updates Baro?
I hope to be seeing more,
hope you get far;)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
HEY LOOK NEW STUFF! <-video
The third gym. Abra kadabra alakazam! The magic floats in the air and so do the platforms you're in. To go to other platforms you have to get the magicians to make bridges for you!

Also:
BTW, remember gritespec from quartz? It will evolve in marble :3
quiritrum.png

Quiritrum

suchintan

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2008
lookin forward to playin this game after im done playin a couple others...
quartz was a nice game, but in my opinion the pokemon were a little hard to catch. well whatever. gonna try this game soon

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
wow the video is great!
really the best gym i have seen.
well good luck!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Wow, so, it ended up looking cool the puzzles for the Gym! (A magical hat? :laugh:)
It's gonna be a bit rough for my eyes, but I guess I'll manage to survive :P

Well, keep doing all of those amazing changes Baro, I can't wait to see what's next!

Keep it up and good luck with everything.

[EDIT]: Oh, yes, I almost forgot! Does the setmaptile trick also requires something on the map's level script? (I'm guess it does...)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
wow. I really love the magic hat gym! I envy you!

I wonder how'd ya made those mazing tiles to appear... Oh well...

Keep up the great work!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Woah!!The video is so cool!!!
Its looking so great(i wish i could do stuff like you:D )
And the new pkmn looks great!
Cant wait for the next beta!!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Wow, so, it ended up looking cool the puzzles for the Gym! (A magical hat? :laugh:)
It's gonna be a bit rough for my eyes, but I guess I'll manage to survive :P

Well, keep doing all of those amazing changes Baro, I can't wait to see what's next!

Keep it up and good luck with everything.

[EDIT]: Oh, yes, I almost forgot! Does the setmaptile trick also requires something on the map's level script? (I'm guess it does...)

The rules of setmaptile is that the map has to be refreshed in order to see the changes. special 0x8E does that. So, to make temporary changes, there's no need on messing with level scripts. In order to make the changes permanent, just put the setmaptiles on the level script (under the byte 01 of the script header, which is loaded before the map is loadesd, so there's no need on refreshing the map). Here, I used a single variable and the command 0x17 (addvar) to make the variable be added 1 after each trainer was beaten, and in the level script, I made the bridges load depending if the variable was >= 1, 2 or 3..

Btw: as for the animation, I recycled the lasers of the lt surge gym, if anyone's wondering.

PS: Thanks to all those positive comments!

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Looking absolute quality Baro, the beta was fun and the game itself looks to have a lot of potential, nice that you have intergrated alot of the quartz pokemon into the new version to add the feeling that it is like a fire red/ruby style of theme. The new starter down is good, but what is that cave for at the top?

Also, any idea when the next beta is, a few hours over the last week or so on this and ive developed my squad to the max around the local areas so that i have got;

Lvl 41 Roellama
Lvl 36 Bethin (when does this evolve?)
Lvl 36 Volateo
Lvl 35 Expelle (scimp's evolved form looks ace btw)
Lvl 15 Gallum (fishing ftw)
Lvl 21 Trukte

All good, and keep going forward with the hack m8.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Looking absolute quality Baro, the beta was fun and the game itself looks to have a lot of potential, nice that you have intergrated alot of the quartz pokemon into the new version to add the feeling that it is like a fire red/ruby style of theme. The new starter down is good, but what is that cave for at the top?

Also, any idea when the next beta is, a few hours over the last week or so on this and ive developed my squad to the max around the local areas so that i have got;

Lvl 41 Roellama
Lvl 36 Bethin (when does this evolve?)
Lvl 36 Volateo
Lvl 35 Expelle (scimp's evolved form looks ace btw)
Lvl 15 Gallum (fishing ftw)
Lvl 21 Trukte

All good, and keep going forward with the hack m8.

That cave will be a path that will open when you have surf (since you can't reach it without surfing).
Next beta will take time since I have to attend college in another city, so the progress is slooow though constant (if we count only weekends).

Oh and bethin does not evolve. RAKA (the pokemon after bethin in the pokedex) has nothing to do with bethee and bethin. In fact you can catch it at hollow woods if you're very lucky.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
That cave will be a path that will open when you have surf (since you can't reach it without surfing).
Next beta will take time since I have to attend college in another city, so the progress is slooow though constant (if we count only weekends).

Oh and bethin does not evolve. RAKA (the pokemon after bethin in the pokedex) has nothing to do with bethee and bethin. In fact you can catch it at hollow woods if you're very lucky.

Arr lol, cheers for that m8, just assumed as it currently has the metapod mini sprite that it could evolve, still nice pre-evo of the powergas?

Back