• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I vote for Zap Yellow,because of the owners amazing idea of a following pikachu inserted in the hero o/w sprite.Overall,the hack looks promising.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
The winner is Next Generation with 6 votes.
Zap Yellow had 3 votes. Zircon had 2 votes.
Lost Crystals, Garnet, and Royal Blue each had 1 vote.

Editing

Last edited:

Balkia

パルキア
Years
omg almost all of the hacks havnt released any betas how can anyone vote if all they know about the game is what they read and who knows some of them could be fake

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
omg almost all of the hacks havnt released any betas how can anyone vote if all they know about the game is what they read and who knows some of them could be fake

You don't need a beta to prove that it's real. o_o

Actually, it's probably easier for someone to make a hack than to fake screenshots. Why in the world would someone do something that is considerably more difficult, and has no real result at the end except for getting an internet reputation that they "never finish things"? There's also YouTube videos that some people upload, which is plenty proof enough.

Generally, the idea here is that these hacks shouldn't have betas. Voting in the Hack of the Week is sort of like preliminaries of some sort of competition, where the best out of the new kids are picked. You see, I think that if you win it, then you've got to be doing something that people like. But if you don't win, there's probably something that you should work on, and then try again when you feel that you've improved.

It's sort of like the gateway to the hacking world, in a way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I vote for Pokemon Gotta Catch em all because it's making good progress and its got good concept

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
I vote Monsoon Book because it has awesome tiles and the D/N-System :D That's a lil bit short reason but i hope it'll be counted as a vote :D

~MOP :P

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Wth is up with author's voting for their own hacks nowadays? It's all about the public opinion, not winning :\. So yeah, just consider it guys. Megiddo that so needs to be against the rules
----
So yeah, I vote for Moonsoon Book. Because it has D/P Ow's, which I haven't seen in a while. It has a fantastic range of tiles. It is very solid mapping so yeah I fail.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
uhh ok i take my vote back then sorry i didn't knew that it wasn't written in rules
so i take back my vote and i vote for monsoon book too...because i really like the tiles
especially this image looks cool...excellent tilesets
e01xc2.png

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
uhh ok i take my vote back then sorry i didn't knew that it wasn't written in rules
so i take back my vote and i vote for monsoon book too...because i really like the tiles
especially this image looks cool...excellent tilesets

It's not against the rules to vote for yourself. It's just.. not really good for yourself and your hack. The purpose of the HotW is not to win; it's to get the public's opinion on your hack, to see if it's an idea worth hacking. Do what you want to, but you don't have to vote for another hack.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
I vote for Pokemon Gotta Catch Em All.
Because...I like the anime =).
Also tileset looks nice

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
You must have 30 posts to vote.
The winner is Monsoon Book with 4 votes.
Gotta Catch 'Em All had 2 votes.
AshGray had 1 vote.

Editing.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I vote for Pokémon Granite. For the amazing fakemon and the amazing inserter xD. The brilliantly done maps and the soon to be fantastic scripting lol.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I vote for Disappeared/ing Seasons.
Its storyline is original and the graphics look good too.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
I vote for Messenger of Peace.
Wow, this really came out of nowhere to be one that I'm really supporting.
It has a very original storyline that actually appeals to other people! (Unlike my hack...:()
The idea of riding a Pokemon instead of a bike is very clever, and I like the maps (although the tilesets need to be redone.)
Anyway, I love this one...and if mine can't won't probably won't win or even be recognized, then I hope at least this one does well.

Back