• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm voting for gotta catch 'em all.
I love the tiles and there hasn't been many anime remakes like it to be honest

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Alright, I want in on this...

My vote goes to Zanny77's Gothic Black, because she's put a lot of work into it, I can tell, and the music is AMAZING! She also did most of the work herself, minus a few spriters (but, hey, aren't we all guilty of that?) Doing most of the work yourself takes a lot of determination, and shows she's really dedicated to it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I guess I'll go with Gothic Black as well, although it's certainly not in my taste. :3

Anyways, Zanny77 has been working on it for a while, I believe, and hasn't really dropped the ball yet. I think that she's been working on it enough to deserve something like this. :P

I think I know what I'm going to vote for next week, too. :)

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I know it's kind of unfair since I have insider information...but I think Messengers of Peace should win this week, because of its original features (such as riding a ponyta) and its storyline that isn't the same old serious evil team-pokemon master deal. And it has a lot of progress and some amazing scripts (believe me, I know) :)

Gothic Black is a great hack too, I love how she is trying to incorporate some of my favorite songs into it :)

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I know it's kind of unfair since I have insider information...but I think Messengers of Peace should win this week, because of its original features (such as riding a ponyta) and its storyline that isn't the same old serious evil team-pokemon master deal. And it has a lot of progress and some amazing scripts (believe me, I know) :)

Gothic Black is a great hack too, I love how he is trying to incorporate some of my favorite songs into it :)

So, for confirmation, you are voting for Messengers of Peace, right? :P

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
This week is a tie between Gothic Black and Messenger of Peace with two votes each.
EonBlueandEonRed, Granite, Disappeared/ing Seasons, and Gotta Catch 'Em All each had one vote.

Editing.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I vote for Iris because of its beautiful use of overworlds.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
WHOAWHOAWHOA! Since when has Eruption been up there?

*votes for Eruption because it is awesome and has good scripts and is awesome and has good maps and is awesome and has an awesome storyline and is awesome*

..thank goodness I know the word "awesome". :3

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I Will vote for Eruption...It has Outstanding Scripts, Amazing maps, and a Smooth Storyline...Its Absolutely Beautiful to the eye...^^

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I also vote for Eruption for the most of the same reasons as above especially the maps...I had a hard time choosing this time around -_-

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I vote for Pokemon Eruption because I like the storyline, scripts, and the tiles. I think it has the potential to be a great hack.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I'm voting for AshGray Version.
I saw the video(s) for it, and I must say, metapod did a very fine job with this hack. I think this is one of the few anime hacks that stands above the rest.

Alec_

Years
I vote for Pokemon Eruption, (Why?). It's because it got an Amazing Scripts. Perfect Screenshots. Nice Features. Wonderful story or plot. :DDD. Goodluck on PE. XD;;

~Fairytales.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
*sigh*
I guess I vote for Eruption as well...although I am tired of seeing games that have characters already in the Pokemon series. I want originality!! (Like last week's winners :B)

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
I will vote for Eruption- The mapping, storyline,and the amazing scripts.
The game overall is like a REAL nintendo pokemon game!

Back