• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Years

• ~*!*~Updates~*!*~

Anyone want to see some more fakemon? Step ahead, I'm finally revealing the starter final evos; however, I'll be revealing them sporadically and individually. For now, here's Blazull:

[Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Credits:

• Dewitty - Original Sprite
    • Me - Edits
    • Riceeman - Concept
    • Chibi Robo - Edits
    • Zephyr+ - Edits
    • Ben. - Being an idiot who makes cool Pokédex bases.
    To be honest it doesn't look all that good. I think it needs something to make it spark, But that might just be me. Although it might look different in a battle scene. Anyway, good luck!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • To be honest it doesn't look all that good. I think it needs something to make it spark, But that might just be me. Although it might look different in a battle scene. Anyway, good luck!
    Well why dont you just tell that to all of the spriters who worked so very hard on this sprite to get it right. Just be thankful your getting spriters to devote their time to this game so you the consumer can enjoy it more. And if your going to give constructive critism please be specific, cause "make it spark" isnt going to cut it, thanks.

Years
  • Well why dont you just tell that to all of the spriters who worked so very hard on this sprite to get it right. Just be thankful your getting spriters to devote their time to this game so you the consumer can enjoy it more. And if your going to give constructive critism please be specific, cause "make it spark" isnt going to cut it, thanks.
    I don't know what to say other than "make it spark" because there's something missing in making it look like a final evo. I'm only comparing them to the starter pokemon which I thought were really well made. Anyway, it's my opinion, it's not like everyone else thinks it's bad. Anyway, I'm not going to continue this conversation, okay? Thanks.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • If you can't point out what's wrong with it then there is nothing wrong with it lol.

EDIT: I decided to edit the sprite to your liking. :)
    [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Years
  • Well why dont you just tell that to all of the spriters who worked so very hard on this sprite to get it right. Just be thankful your getting spriters to devote their time to this game so you the consumer can enjoy it more. And if your going to give constructive critism please be specific, cause "make it spark" isnt going to cut it, thanks.

I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you by saying what he said, I doubt he meant to be vague. I, in fact, agree with him- I believe the sprite could use a bit of work.
    The lower half of its body seems fine, it's the upper half that bugs me a bit, and I'm not fully sure why. 'Make it spark' would be appropriate, I guess (okay, I'm kidding). But I suggest reviewing it again, particularly the metal... Thingies... On the upper half of the body, they're the problem, I think- the shape of them is a bit odd or something, perhaps resprite those parts in different shapes to see if you might prefer it yourself?
    As for the bolded bit... If you really expect people to be thankful because you're spriting it at all... It's the internet dude, dream on. No way are you going to please everyone, but it doesn't mean those who don't adore it deserve a telling off.

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • i think the one thing that will improve on the good stuff there if the horns were a bot more pronounced. that way it look more fierce in battle. KUTGW

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    My VBA won't read this, do I have to patch a rom, or is it not compatible with VBA?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I gotta say, this is a freakin' cool hack. I love the new sprites of the 'real' Pokémon; unless I'm mistaken, they weren't made by Nintendo at all? Looks like I might have to start over when you update with the fakes, though, huh?
    My one complaint is that (and maybe I'm just retarded for this) the letter thing seemed like more of a sidequest when the old guy said "I seem to have misplaced my letter." I ended up wandering around wondering what I was supposed to be doing for a while before I decided to go ahead and look for the *invisible* letter. Again, maybe I'm just an idiot, but the fact that that was the story advancing event wasn't clear enough...
    Crits aside, I'm eager to see more! Keep it up!

Years
  • I thought the Minotaur looks pretty cool actually. It's an interesting addition as I have never seen a Minotaur in pokemon

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    how about taking the road tiles in the city and adding in some cracked ones. cuz no city has perfect roads.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • I gotta say, this is a freakin' cool hack. I love the new sprites of the 'real' Pokémon; unless I'm mistaken, they weren't made by Nintendo at all?
    They're fan-created Pokemon, generally called fakemon by the hacking community.

My one complaint is that (and maybe I'm just retarded for this) the letter thing seemed like more of a sidequest when the old guy said "I seem to have misplaced my letter." I ended up wandering around wondering what I was supposed to be doing for a while before I decided to go ahead and look for the *invisible* letter. Again, maybe I'm just an idiot, but the fact that that was the story advancing event wasn't clear enough...
    I couldn't find the letter either, I had to look up a walkthrough on YouTube to find it I think >.<

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • They're fan-created Pokemon, generally called fakemon by the hacking community.

I believe he was referring to the custom sprites of official pokémon. For example, Quagsire has a new sprite which was made Chibi Robo.

I couldn't find the letter either, I had to look up a walkthrough on YouTube to find it I think >.<

Manipulaion posted its location in this thread a while back.

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Yeah, I was referring to the sprites of the official Pokémon. Speaking of, some of them have some palette issues. Marill and Geodude have transparencies in white areas, and the shade of green used on part of Treecko's outline gives the Shiny one a red outline in some areas where it should be teal. All simple errors, and easy to fix.

Back