• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
"Both work well on my Vista computer..
Anyway, yes, XSE will/IS Vista-friendly.."

Really... now neither will work, I even copied scripts from the tutorials and they won't work. I get error message 13, "Type Mismatch" with scripted, and all the comands are considered invalid with pokescript. I never scripted with these tools before, but I've done other types of coding/scripting. Maybe I just stink but as for all the tools I've used I like HackMews so I'm just hoping I'll have better luck this time.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Whats xse? Is it a simpler version of it or somethin hackmew came up with?

Its a brand new scripting engine ;), featuring lots of new commands which will make scripting life easier. You'll see ^ ^

Really... now neither will work, I even copied scripts from the tutorials and they won't work. I get error message 13, "Type Mismatch" with scripted, and all the comands are considered invalid with pokescript. I never scripted with these tools before, but I've done other types of coding/scripting. Maybe I just stink but as for all the tools I've used I like HackMews so I'm just hoping I'll have better luck this time.

You see XSE is not following the PokeWitch way, theres a new style - dynamic offsets(the use of @), and new names for some commands as the database has been updated after all these years, so theres bound to be some changes.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
So hackmew todays the day. I think I might be able to hack with a tool like this. Look out word here it comes. Well not yet. Also asm isnt scripting? Then what is it?

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
ASM is adding new code into the game's engine, to make it do practicaly anything you want. ASM is used in Pokémon Prism for example. Thats how you can implement your own unique features.

It's highly skilled and very difficult.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
So hackmew todays the day. I think I might be able to hack with a tool like this. Look out word here it comes. Well not yet. Also asm isnt scripting? Then what is it?

Be patient my friend, just a little more. In HackMew's timezone, its still the 31st, just a little more.

ASM is low-level machine language read rawly by the game, it is used to perform the more complicated tasks. Checkout wikipedia for the full definition, I can only give the brief ones.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Just a second guys.. I'll wake up Andrea ;) :P
Ok.. Maybe I won't, but he'll be here soon enough..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
where is it? i cant wait for the greatest scripting tool ever..!
XSE, you gonna be my new scripting tool
(Pokéscript goes to the corner, thumb sucking and said: and i thought i was your greatest scripting tool)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
"Can someone help me? I can't get the scripts to compile! I right-click on the .rbc file and I get an error"
Lol, Those were the days... Well, glad we won't be getting those spam posts anymore. Because You explained pretty much everything in your Guide for XSE.

I have to say, BETA testing was a fun experience! And the "" Update feature is pretty genius if you ask me.
I can't say " I can't wait for XSE" though...I guess I can't wait for your all your Program Updates!

Good luck Andrea

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
So I take it you're going to do with XSE what I did with PKSV? As in, you're going to continually update it?
"Can someone help me? I can't get the scripts to compile! I right-click on the .rbc file and I get an error"
Lol, Those were the days...

For each generation of super-easy-to-use programs, there's a new generation of super-can't-read-a-bleedin'-thing n00bs.

Years
I bet alot of people are going to Spam here
saying, "Where's XSE?"

by the way, wheres XSE?

Lol, just kidding, can't wait
till try it.

My Fire red Rom can't wait to meet
its new best friend.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Being a BETA Tester, I must say your Program is far greater than any other scripting programs. It makes it so easy, with all the features you've included. Congratulations and I can't wait for the "Full Version", although I pretty much have it. :D

Back