• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hair

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
As a kid I liked wearing hair accessories a lot xD

I remember flower shaped hair clips, butterfly clips, and this purple headband ish thing with a bow on it :3

As a younger adult I also had a clip on hair bow.

Now I have a black bow hair clip clip with hello kitty on it ^_^

Since my hair is boy short right now no pigtails or ponytails for me lol I liked having my hair in a ponytail, too, as a kid, though. And I actually didn't like pigtails till i was about 10-11. xD Not really sure why...(maybe i was obsessed with seeming more 'mature' as a kid? I remember i also wouldn't play educational games after i got past the 'age limit' for them LOL)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
My hairstyle is intentionally unkempt and it looks the best on me. To style it, just basically pat it down a little and it's good to go.

A lot of hair, but at least it's easy to manage, mostly. It's really not too dissimilar from my avatar; just not that long yet.

Last edited:
Years
My hair is very long. I can't even find good hairstyles for my length, because the internet seems to think that long means down to your midriff! Mine goes past my butt. It used to be longer, but I had nearly a foot cut off in December since the ends were getting scraggy. It's darkish brown, sort of mousy. It's mostly straight as well.

On most days, I wear it in a half-bun, parted to the side. On special occasions I wear it out, and sometimes I wear it in a braid. I'd really like to get bangs some day, but certain family members are horrified at the idea!

This is really cute! I'd like to style mine sometime since I never do, I prefer to sleep 20-30 extra minutes than do things with my hair since sleep = precious lol. How long does it take to braid it?

Mine is a little short atm since I had it cut, goes a little above my shoulders. All I really do is brush it in the morning. It gets a slight bit poofy the day after a wash though, but generally sits nicely by itself and gets wavy at the ends so it almost looks like it was styled already. <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My hair is very long. I can't even find good hairstyles for my length, because the internet seems to think that long means down to your midriff! Mine goes past my butt. It used to be longer, but I had nearly a foot cut off in December since the ends were getting scraggy. It's darkish brown, sort of mousy. It's mostly straight as well.

On most days, I wear it in a half-bun, parted to the side. On special occasions I wear it out, and sometimes I wear it in a braid. I'd really like to get bangs some day, but certain family members are horrified at the idea!
Can we share hairstyle ideas pls ;; my hair isn't that long yet, but I'm growing it out. Used to have blonde hair down to my butt and it was so straight and not very voluminous and not easy to fluff up to do things with. I need ideas and I'm so clumsy with my hands so easy ideas haha. Share pics maybe? :3 I have like, Pinterest boards for hair buns and braids but they all look sooo tricky ahah halp

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
my hair is a pixie cut and i typically just brush it to where i have bangs on the side or whatever. it doesn't even take me 5 minutes to brush because it's so easy to work with

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
My self confidence is entirely dependent on how my hair and muscles look, so I need to fix my hair the way I like it.

Last edited:
Years
My hair is eh...interesting.

Its naturally dark, but don't think cool, shiny raven black like Mortician Adams its just dark and nondescript. Its as curly and corkskrew coily as hair comes. There are a strands in it that are more of a golden brown color leftover from when I use to dye my hair with henna. Blondes go red when they use henna but brunettes turn different shades of brown.

I don't think I've ever worn my hair past shoulder length, right now its short like a bob if I wear it straight, but I'm thinking of growing it out and doing something long and crazy like Rapunzel.

My curls are very unruly. In Harry Potter I totally relate to descriptions of how wild and windblown his hair is supposed to be.

I used to do a lot of time-consuming styles with flat irons and pretty hair accessories but lately my hair has told me to bugger off. So I'm following that "let the headjungle do what it wants" advice. My hair seems to love me for that now and is behaving by being soft, growing and not tangling as much. The only thing I might dress her up with is a simple bandana or a scarf. Oh, she still has to smell decent and be moisturized so I use nice conditioners, maybe same lavender or olive oil.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
My hair is eh...interesting.

Its naturally dark, but don't think cool, shiny raven black like Mortician Adams its just dark and nondescript. Its as curly and corkskrew coily as hair comes. There are a strands in it that are more of a golden brown color leftover from when I use to dye my hair with henna. Blondes go red when they use henna but brunettes turn different shades of brown.

I don't think I've ever worn my hair past shoulder length, right now its short like a bob if I wear it straight, but I'm thinking of growing it out and doing something long and crazy like Rapunzel.

My curls are very unruly. In Harry Potter I totally relate to descriptions of how wild and windblown his hair is supposed to be.

I used to do a lot of time-consuming styles with flat irons and pretty hair accessories but lately my hair has told me to bugger off. So I'm following that "let the headjungle do what it wants" advice. My hair seems to love me for that now and is behaving by being soft, growing and not tangling as much. The only thing I might dress her up with is a simple bandana or a scarf. Oh, she still has to smell decent and be moisturized so I use nice conditioners, maybe same lavender or olive oil.

Haha, welcome to my life as well. I never wanted super straight hair but mine also begins to poof or curl when it gets too much. It seems to grow outward than down, I've noticed.

Good idea though! That's also my approach; the natural bedhead or intentionally unkempt. It always looks the best.

Want to share hair pics at its most unruly sometime? Haha.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
This is really cute! I'd like to style mine sometime since I never do, I prefer to sleep 20-30 extra minutes than do things with my hair since sleep = precious lol. How long does it take to braid it?

Mine is a little short atm since I had it cut, goes a little above my shoulders. All I really do is brush it in the morning. It gets a slight bit poofy the day after a wash though, but generally sits nicely by itself and gets wavy at the ends so it almost looks like it was styled already. <3

Me too, I love sleeping in but it leaves very little time for styling! I always go natural because I can't afford quality hair products ;_; and since my hair type is quite slippery, that pretty much only leaves room for simple buns and braids. I'm still working on braiding my own hair actually; I'm so clumsy and get terrible arm cramps from the time it takes me! ^ ^; Luckily I have my mum to do that for me, and she's so fast it only takes her about 5 - 10 minutes, depending on how tangled my hair is! :)

But I completely understand hair going poofy after a wash! Mine gets quite dry, and on particularly bad days it looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket, haha.

Your hair length sounds super cute! I've always wanted to try bob/lob length but my mum says there's no way I'm cutting my hair while living under her roof. ?\_(?)_/?

These are pretty much my dream styles:
Spoiler:

Can we share hairstyle ideas pls ;; my hair isn't that long yet, but I'm growing it out. Used to have blonde hair down to my butt and it was so straight and not very voluminous and not easy to fluff up to do things with. I need ideas and I'm so clumsy with my hands so easy ideas haha. Share pics maybe? :3 I have like, Pinterest boards for hair buns and braids but they all look sooo tricky ahah halp

Pinterest has so many cute ideas, but I never seem able to do them!

My hair is naturally voluminous halfway down, but thins out a lot toward the ends. It's also quite heavy, so unfortunately I can't do fancy buns and I can't use bobby pins or other small hair clips. I need jaw clips for my hair, which look like this:
Spoiler:

They must be very unfashionable because I can't find any hair pics using them the way I do! ^ ^; I'll try and describe how I do my bun. First, I grab all my hair and tightly twist it about halfway. While it's in a coil, I then lift it up to the back of my head and twist it into a small knot, making sure it's nice and tight. Holding it there with one hand, I use my other hand to take the jaw clip and slide its "teeth" along my scalp downwards in order to get a hold on my roots, then clamp it shut on my bun. This way, some of my hair's up and out of the way, but the half coming down looks nice. :) It can be painful at first if not positioned right. I literally couldn't find any pics, but I guess it looks more like a ponytail?

My hair usually looks a bit like this (only slightly neater/less big on the top):
Spoiler:

The bun I'm talking about looks sort of similar to this one, only the hair coming out is much longer with softer ends:
Spoiler:

Like I said to Sheep, my mum does my braids haha, I'm too clumsy. ;_; But they're very versatile and can look incredibly pretty! They're also daunting. I always opt for something quick and simple, although French braids are a favourite of mine. <3

Anyway, this is the best tutorial I could find on how my braids are done:
Spoiler:

Years
I've always had super long blonde hair. I love doing my hair and I usually straighten it or curl it every morning. Although, if I'm lazy I'll just throw it up in a messy bun and call it a day. I do use a heat protector hair serum to prevent my hair from getting overly damaged from doing it so much, because nobody wants fried hair.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I've always had super long blonde hair. I love doing my hair and I usually straighten it or curl it every morning. Although, if I'm lazy I'll just throw it up in a messy bun and call it a day. I do use a heat protector hair serum to prevent my hair from getting overly damaged from doing it so much, because nobody wants fried hair.

...Soooo you have hair like Korrina's? :D

I went in this thread wishing there were more people who talked about hair clips like I did.....but I gotta say reading this person's post really did cheer me up since I love Korrina so much and she has very long blonde hair too :D

A million thank yous to you for making that post. It actually made my day (my morning was pretty awful).

love was when i

loved you one true time i hold you
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 29, 2018
It doesn't bother me too much I always take a shower in the morning but I have long wavy hair and once its' all dry I feel great :D

My hair went from curly to wavy its' really pretty right now and I used to envy straight hair but I am very much in love with the hair I have now, thanks mom and dad. :)

Back