• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event 2019

Years
  • Halloween Trick-or-Treating in Platinum - Completed

Rules:
    Spoiler:

Dusknoir doesn't learn Spite (ok, it does by move tutor, but I'm far from having enough shards for that and I don't wish to waste time in underground just for that) so I tossed all my X items, I can't use them anyway.

I expected to add more team members before E4, but instead with the global rule I had to remove another two, oh well. Turns out Houndoom + Nasty Plot + Flamethrower + all those Rare Candies you get in the game is pretty powerful, I basically solo'd the E4 with it, what a weird end to all this madness.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:
    Team:
    Spoiler:

I guess the challenge is done? That was a crazy week and a half, I had a lot of fun with it :D. I'm glad I decided to randomly check the forum back then.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I will run to the east, area 33! Taking all berries of course. Not yet giving up on that challenge!

Also, I'll be on holiday for a week tomorrow, so no updates for a bit except MAYBE this evening

Suddenly I woke up, I looked around and saw myself still being at Cianwood's shore. Luckily, all my Pokemon were still around, Nightmare and Ghost sleeping, Static was floating around and Wisp was just sitting there, staring at me creepily. So I approached him and asked, "what's wrong buddy?". Then it transformed into a Ditto, smiling creepily. I woke up and we started to look for Wisp, but he was nowhere to be found. During our search, a strange floatinf rectangle appeared, got closer and closer. Static got pulled to it by it's magnetic force and then got stuck. The rectangle started to float away and I started to pull on Static. It wasn't working, Static was stuck and bleeping in panic. As the rectangle got higher I had to let go. Another team member gone. As if this adventure was cursed...

I suppose I'd have to do with this Ditto now. We flew back to Olivine and got inside the lighthouse, climbing up carefully, but when we got to the upper floor, it was completely cleaned and there was a lady caring for Ampharos. I gave Ampharos the medicine and it started to glow again. The lady introduced herself as the gym leader and we challenged her to a battle.
    It was the most difficult battle so far. Ghost put Magnemite to sleep, gave them a Curse and then healed back up with Dream Eater. Steelix was more durable. It got put to sleep, but then woke up as Ghost Cursed it, going down to an Iron Tail. Nightmare got sent out and put Steelix back to sleep and gave it Nightmares. Steelix woke up again and Nightmare barely survives an Iron Tail. We put Steelix back to sleep for the third time, for it never to wake up again! Finally we had won this fight!

Rules:
    Forest's curse: No Bug/Grass/Flying/Poison types allowed
    No-slot hex: Max team size of 5
    Ocean's curse: No Water/Ice/Dragon types allowed
    The curse of eternal youth: No evolutions
    Zombie Dinner: Must have a biting move
    A quiet place: No sound based moves
    BIRDS!!!!!: Add regional bird
    Nightmare fuel: A pokemon must have a Fire and Ghost move, equip Charcoal, teach Nightmare if possible
    Dracula's apprentice: Teach all HP draining moves
    The blaire witch: Must toss 5 items
    Frozen curse: Any frozen pokemon must be boxed
    Embargo: No items in battle
    First-Encounter clause: Can only catch first encounters
    Fridge horror: A pokemon that does not resist Ice and does not have a Fire move cannot use any STAB moves
    (Rip Gastly's Night Shade and Hoothoot's Swift)
    The thing: Box a team member and replace it with Ditto
    You're a wizard, Harry: Add Kadabra/Alakazam, Haunter/Gengar or Jynx to the team
    (I PMed Janp to ask which rule to break in this contradictory situation)

Global rules:
    Add a Dark type to my team.
    No type overlapping
    Revived Poliwag, can only use physical moves and never battle along with other team members
    All Pokemon except Ghost and Dark types are banned (because Poison is also banned)

Team:

Ghost the Gastly
    -Thunder
    -Dream Eater
    -Hypnosis
    -Curse

Nightmare the Hoothoot
    -Confusion
    -Hypnosis
    -Nightmare
    -Swift (Will be replaced)

The Thing the Ditto
    -Transform

Sneasel (to be added)

The cursed:
    Kappa the Poliwag (Revived as zombie)
    Golem the Geodude (Frozen)
    Wisp the Cyndaquil (Killed by The Thing)
    Static the Magnemite (Banned by Rectangle)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 1

Oof, between Forest's Curse and Rectangular Force making only Ghost and Dark types available, this should be uh… interesting.
    Good thing I didn't choose FR like I was going to originally, oh that would've been bad lol

Looks like Poochyena is about to become my very best friend

- Caught Poochyena, my new partner-in-crime. Nicknamed Lycan
    - Rustboro Gym! Is a nightmare. I've got a dark type, a fire type, and not allowed grass?
    - Well, I was going to follow the global rule except for Torchic just so I wouldn't have to get rid of so many pokemon, but I guess I'm gonna have to find something that can use water/grass moves if I don't want to spend the next few hours grinding
    - omg I always forgot about Nosepass
    - Well, after several failed attempts, I went and caught a Marill and levelled her up until she learned water gun. And then in the end, turned out the process of levelling up Marill also meant Lycan was now at a high enough level to beat Roxanne all on his own!
    - Boxed Marill and Torchic. Just you and me for a while now Lycan!

I will choose a green berry and move to room 5

Also, question: with Rectangular Force, are we still allowed HM slaves that aren't dark/poison/ghost?

Second question: Can I use Seedot even though it's a pure grass type, since it will evolve into a grass/dark type?

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years

• ULTIMATE GLOBAL RULE WAS ACTIVATED
    (NEW GLOBAL RULE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED)

Cubism touches the black rectangular object and the reality warps. But not just for him. Everyone in the cemetery feels the change. Something's wrong. Where are their Pokémon?

NOTE: You can use your already caught Ghost, Dark and/or Poison Pokémon.
    NOTE: This rules doesn't override all the rules that forced a specific Pokémon on your team.

So, would you be able to use something that evolves into a type that isn't banned by Rectangular Force? Like, for example, I got the Eevee from Bill and it can evolve into Umbreon.

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Spoiler: The rules as of now
    1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run.
    2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. Stacked with rule #8
    3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts.
    4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
    5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
    6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.
    7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = Nuzlocke)
    8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on.
    Knowing that a bazillion of her mons (including her starter, Fracture Ray) are cursed somehow, Aile had to set them aside until only Afterburn, Sheriruth, Quon, Flyburg, and Axium Crisis left. She shuffled the whole squad and made her way through the desert at Route 111 where she got Ether Strike the Cacnea. Not only that, evolutions also ensued due to the grinding she had done:
    Spoiler: Evolution
    • Axium Crisis into Gloom
    • Sheriruth into Mightyena
    • Ether Strike into Cacturne
    The girl ultimately decided to switch Flyburg with Quon and Axium Crisis with Ether Strike after contemplating for quite some time.

Back at Petalburg City, Aile and her ragtag foursome squad went all out against Mr. Dad Norman. Sheriruth dealt with his Spinda and helped Quon to take care of his Vigoroth, Ether Strike handled his Slaking nicely despite the latter spamming Yawn, and Afterburn took out his Linoone like a champ (seems like they had their own training with Grievous Lady for quite some time 😏). Aile then rushed back home to tell her mom about this "daddy's girl has grown up" moment.
    nmHd9i9m.jpg

PS: I use they/them pronouns for genderless Pokemon with green names like Afterburn.

Spoiler: Aile's squad as of now (in no particular order)
    Afterburn (Ghostly Adventure)
    Spoiler:

Sheriruth
    Spoiler:

Quon
    Spoiler:

Ether Strike
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: The cursed ones
    • Singularity the Marill (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force, designated HM buddy)
    • Modelista the Wingull (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force)
    • Babaroque the Lotad (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force)
    • Fracture Ray the Grovyle (Rectangular Force)
    • Grievous Lady the Linoone (Rectangular Force, designated HM buddy)
    • Iconoclast the Abra (Rectangular Force)
    • Purgatorium the Kirlia (Rectangular Force)
    • Chronostasis the Breloom (Rectangular Force)
    • Clotho the Graveler (Rectangular Force)
    • Syro the Numel (Rectangular Force)
    • Viyella the Aron (Rectangular Force)
    • Endroll the Hariyama (Rectangular Force)
    • Ignotus the Ninjask (Rectangular Force)
    • Nhelv the Taillow (Rectangular Force)
    • Conflict the Slakoth (Rectangular Force)
    • Vexaria the Whismur (Rectangular Force)
    • inkar-usi the Slugma (Rectangular Force)
    • Lucifer the Swablu (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force)
    • Suomi the Spoink (Rectangular Force)
    • Dement the Silcoon (Rectangular Force, originally Wurmple but evolved just in case he would've become a Cascoon)
    *proceeds to grab a red berry and sprint to room 33*
    Also, question: with Rectangular Force, are we still allowed HM slaves that aren't dark/poison/ghost?
    I second this question 'coz I've been planning for Grievous Lady (Linoone) and Singularity (Marill) to be my (permanent) HM buddies.
    Second question: Can I use Seedot even though it's a pure grass type, since it will evolve into a grass/dark type?
    I practically did the same but with Cacnea, so gotta bet it should be OK. 😉

Last edited:
    Years
  • A question about Rectangular Force: are Pokemon like Jellicent, Scolipede and Krookodile allowed? Or do the Pokemon have to have only Ghost/Dark/Poison type?

So, would you be able to use something that evolves into a type that isn't banned by Rectangular Force? Like, for example, I got the Eevee from Bill and it can evolve into Umbreon.
    You can use any Pokémon that has Ghost, Dark or Poison typing and doesn't have any of the types banned by the other rules. And yes, you can use Pokémon that will eventually become Ghost, Dark or Poison-type like Eevee or Seedot.

11WILDY FINDS A STAIRCASE
    He might pick some poisoned berries in the process, but who cares. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section has a weird staircase. Should he go down? Or just pick few berries?
    Bag_Chople_Berry_Sprite.png
    Red berries manipulate your team
    Bag_Oran_Berry_Sprite.png
    Blue berries manipulate your gameplay
    Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

INKBLOTS CONTINUES...
    Picking up a Green Berry, Inkblots continues to the next section. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section is a mess. There used to be graves and a sign, but there is only a hole instead. When Inkblots looks inside, she finds berries:
    Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run.

SANIACHAN IS CURSED... AGAIN!
    One of her Poké Balls won't open. Stupid cemetery! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section has a weird staircase. Should she go down? Or just pick few berries?
    Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • You know, I should've expected something like this would happen. At least Eevee is coming up, so at least I'll have something halfway viable for a while, or I might have to see what the grass has to offer since Stalker pretty much can't attack. Also, most of this was typed up before Rectangular Force happened, so...that's a thing.

Episode 4 - End of a Dream, Start of a Nightmare

Current Curses

Fridge Horror - No Fire move or Ice resist = No STAB moves. AKA rip Stalker.
    Ghostly Adventure - Misdreavus is only in Mt. Silver.
    Cursed Ground - No Ground, Rock, or Fighting types.
    Too scared to move - Only 3 attacking moves. Irrelevant for Stalker because no STAB moves allowed anyway.
    Making Frankenstein - Primary types for team members must be different. However, now with Rectangular Force, I'm pretty sure I'll be limited on the number of mons I can have at all.
    Zombieland - Still irrelevant.
    Starter-lock Hex - rip Blaze
    Rectangular Force - Any non Ghost, Dark, or Poison types are banned.

So I had a good post in progress, then I accidently deleted it all and couldn't recover it. So, I'm just gonna give a highlight reel of what happened because now I'm mad and can't be bothered to retype all of that.

-We're kinda screwed because Stalker basically has no attacks
    -Sudowoodo died because Hypnosis into Curse strats
    -Psychic Greg almost ruined me because his Drowzee has Dream Eater strats.
    -Back to Goldenrod to get Hex the Eevee, but because of Fridge Horror, I had to teach him the only move I could, Mud-Slap
    -Battled the gym trainers in Ecrtueak, but not Morty, then the Kimono Girls
    -Headed to Olivine to scoop up the Good Rod...and pray. I only found Magikarps, though.
    -Went and caught a Growlithe...because I don't even know why anymore. I'm running out of plans. At least it's immune to Fridge Horror and can learn Dig...is what I would say, but I typed most of this up before Rectangular Force became a thing, so now the Growlithe is just box filler and a waste of Poke Balls.

So thanks to Rectangular Force and the fact I can't use Ground types, going and catching a Nidoran would be a waste of time since I wouldn't be allowed to evolve either of them. I can catch a Tentacool later for a Water type since it's also a Poison type, but I can't do that without access to Surf, so we have to do Morty with an Eevee with Mud-Slap and a Haunter that has no direct offense against 4 mons. Let's pick a god and pray. The Gastly got put to sleep right away and all it took was one Mud-Slap to kill it. The first Haunter was iffy since I missed two Hypnosis, but once I got it off, Hex managed to deal with it using a few Mud-Slaps. Next is the threat, the Gengar. I know for sure it outspeeds me and loves Hypnosis and Dream Eater. The plan was to switch Stalker in and pray it doesn't land it's own Hypnosis so I can use my own and Hypnosis it and follow up with Curse. Instead he just Shadow Balls me and I get one shot. Just when it couldn't get worse, he lands Hypnosis first shot and puts Hex to sleep. I didn't buy Awakenings, so I had to use one of my one Full Heals. He missed the second Hypnosis and I got a Mud-Slap off. After that began the Sand-Attack spam. Sure, he got off another one, but I had another Full Heal and he was already missing a ton.

Last was the second Haunter and I had almost no Mud-Slaps left. And by "almost none," I mean one. So after the Haunter wasted it's turn on Mean Look, I threw off the last Mud-Slap. Good thing I have Ethers. He has Spite, though, and just like that, it's back to no Mud-Slaps again. I only got off one. Figuring there was no point in wasting my last Ether, I decided to spam my useless moves to just try and Struggle him to death. It turns out this Haunter has Mimic and no actual way of hurting an Eevee, so while I was draining Quick Attack PP, he Mimic'd it. Eventually, he ran out of PP before I did and started Struggling to death. This is what we've come to. Eventually, and with a few heals, it killed itself with Stuggle. Because I didn't buy items, we only survived because I luckily had two Full Heals. This is just wild. At least I can go catch a Tentacool after I catch a Krabby as a Surf and Strength slave.

...Oh right. I still have to do the stuff. Well, considering that the last time I interacted with something, I blocked off a path, I'm not gonna try it this time. All my sets are already screwed and because Gen 2 has so limited options in the main story, taking a green berry will provide the least damage since the combination of other curses has already driven me into such a deep corner, I have to rely on a weak Ground move and Curse to not die. Let's go to Room 27. At least I'm halfway there.

The Team
    haunter.png

Stalker (Haunter) Lv. 25 @ Nothing
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Curse, Mean Look

eevee.png

Hex (Eevee) Lv. 28 @ Nothing
    Moves: Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Mud-Slap​

Years

• BLISSYMKW FINDS A TRUCK
    Quickly look under it. There might be Mew! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Anyway, this truck is full of berries:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Green berries manipulate your movesets
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Halloween Trick or Treat 2019 Platinum​

Rules:
    BIRDS!!!
    Rectangular Force
    Reversed Record Player
    Zombie Dinner
    Final Destination
    Paranormal Encounter
    Ghostly Adventure
    Making Frakenstein
    Zombieland

So quick note I did not fully read over the new rules since I completed the third gym in my free time and did not notice any of the new global rules. So if it seems like my team is breaking any of those rules then know it was when I was playing through the game when I was only aware of my personal rules. Anyway...Move to zone 25 and pick up two blue and one red berry. Though I will say...for the BIRDS!!! rule do I get rid of it since one of the Global Rules is only use Ghost, Dark, and Poison types?

Team:
    grotle.png

Nick: Yertle
    Level: 24
    Moveset:
    -Rock Smash
    -Curse
    -Bite
    -Razor Leaf

staravia-f.png

Level: 25
    Moveset:
    -Double Team
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack
    -Wing Attack

gastly.png

Level: 19
    Moveset:
    -Spite
    -Confuse Ray
    -Curse
    -Night Shade

bronzor.png

Nick: Soul
    Level: 18
    Moveset:
    -Confusion
    -Hypnosis
    -Imprision
    -Confuse Ray

pachirisu-f.png

Nick: Sandy
    Level: 23
    Moveset:
    -Spark
    -Cut
    -Quick Attack
    -Endure

Last edited:
    Years
  • Note: I completed the gym before realizing that Rectangular Force was in play. Also, I totally should have posted sooner.

Rules: Set Curse
    Cursed Ground
    Paranormal Adventure
    Making Frankenstein
    Zombieland
    Rectangular Force

A lot of new rules fell into play during this section, so I'll discuss how they effected my team in order of arrival

Cursed Ground forbade me from using any effectively forced me to evolve Burmy into Wormadam Plant Cloak, and also prevented my from catching some other Pokemon that would have been helpful. It also meant that the only Ghost-type valid for Paranormal Adventure was Drifloon, so she got added to the team. Making Frankenstein also ended up being kind of a pain as it prevented me from catching a few Pokemon that I was hoping to use (not like they would have been valid after Rectangular Force came into effect.) And Zombieland was not applicable in any circumstances, so it didn't affect me. And on that note I'll take two green berries and one blue berry, as well as move to zone 13.

Team:
    Luminix- Braixen (male) Lv. 24
    Ability - Blaze
    Moves: Scratch, Flame Change, Psybeam, Fire Spin

The Bag - Wormadam-Plant Cloak (female) Lv. 21
    Ability - Anticipation
    Moves: Protect, Venoshock, Bug Bite, Hidden Power

Sheldon - Wartortle (male) Lv. 25
    Ability - Torrent
    Moves: Tackle, Bite, Bubble, Rock Smash

Helium - Drifloon (female) Lv. 21
    Ability - Unburden
    Moves: Minimize, Ominous Wind, Gust, Payback

Lun - Absol (male) Lv. 24
    Ability - Super Luck
    Moves: Shadow Claw, Rock Smash, Quick Attack, Bite

Years
  • Though I will say...for the BIRDS!!! rule do I get rid of it since one of the Global Rules is only use Ghost, Dark, and Poison types?
    No, you don't have to get rid of BIRDS!!! Pokémon.
    Note: I completed the gym before realizing that Rectangular Force was in play. Also, I totally should have posted sooner.
    That's fine. All Global Rules takes effect for you with your next update (so this one). Applying the rules right away is optional.

POK3PALS FINDS TWO...
    ...towers. Sadly, he lost a Ring in the process. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Anyway, not many berries are there, so pick wisely:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

DUNSPARCE GETS THIRSTY
    Not just that. He's also scared. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

So this section full of graves isn't the best for him. Maybe he could drink some berries?
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Years
  • Yay finally had time to get the second gym done! I will choose a blue berry and move to room 10

Also a quick note: you have me down as playing Renegade Platinum but I'm actually playing Emerald

Curses:
    Spoiler:

Gym 2:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2019
    Second Gym in a row where Dewott had a type disadvantage. Oh well, it's not going to be around any longer due to the global rule. I decided that it would be a good idea to box my Golbat in exchange for a Braviary, a decision which I am now regretting due to that aforementioned rule. This gym was fairly difficult, since I didn't have any super-effective attacks against the Emolga.
    Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm taking a red berry and I'm moving to Room 17

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Spoiler: The rules as of now
    1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run. (starts from Roxanne arc)
    2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. (starts from Brawly arc, stacks with rule #8 as of Norman arc)
    3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts. (starts from Wattson arc, becomes literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
    4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on. (got Afterburn during Wattson arc)
    5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on. (starts from Flannery arc)
    6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon. (only during Flannery arc)
    7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
    8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on. (starts from Norman arc)
    9. Locked Ball Curse: The Poké Ball in your 2nd slot is now cursed. It cannot be opened, and is permanently locked to your belt. The Pokemon currently in your 2nd slot should be boxed for the remainder of the run. Additionally, you are now limited to one less Pokemon on your team. (bans Quon from Winona arc onward)
    Back at home, Aile got an Amulet Coin and a new belt for her Pokeballs from her mom. The Amulet Coin looks normal, but the belt already has six Pokeballs attached there with one of them containing a Sceptile plush (probably as a reminder of what Fracture Ray could've been). She moved all of her squad's Pokeballs to the new belt, except Quon's which got stuck in the old belt for whatever reasons.
    QQmlfIUm.jpg

And then someone knocked on the door. Turned out that Singularity had returned. He expressed his interest to rejoin Aile's gang, then went into the Sceptile plush Pokeball despite a mysterious someone (or something?) telling them that whoever occupying that Pokeball can no longer battle. Singularity shrugged it anyway, knowing that he wanted to be there as a surfer boy instead of a battler. That being settled, Aile separated Singularity's Pokeball from the rest, put it in one of her bag's pocket where Grievous Lady's Pokeball is in (Aile had been taking Grievous Lady with her for quite some time), and moved on.

During her trip, the girl did a bazillion of things. She helped Wattson to shut down New Mauville's generator, battled trainers here and there, dealt with more of Team Aqua shenanigans at the Weather Institute and Mt. Pyre, had some shopping spree at Lilycove Department Store, and explored the abandoned ship (originally S.S. Cactus) at Route 108. Again, the catchathon and evolutions were unavoidable during the whole adventure:
    Spoiler: Catchathon
    • Kanagawa the Corphish at Petalburg City
    • Red and Blue the Carvanha at Route 118
    • Lumia the Castform at the Weather Institute (Aile can't use her, though)
    • Halcyon the Seedot at Route 120 (what luck, given Seedot's encounter rate there being 1%)
    • Trappola the Shuppet at Route 121
    • SOUNDWiTCH the Duskull at Mt. Pyre
    Spoiler: Evolution
    • Red and Blue into Sharpedo (no Sharpedonite, unfortunately)
    • Flyburg into Crobat
    • Trappola into Banette (no Banettite, unfortunately)
    Aile eventually made her way to Fortree City where she fought the gym leader, Winona. Unlike her battle with Mr. Dad Norman though, Ether Strike and Afterburn had to sit this one out because Red and Blue practically OHKOed both Winona's Tropius and Altaria, Flyburg easily took on Winona's Swablu, and Trappola shocked both Winona's Pelipper and Skarmory big time.
    Ut4715Gm.jpg

Spoiler: Aile's squad as of now (in no particular order)
    Afterburn (Ghostly Adventure)
    Spoiler:

Red and Blue
    Spoiler:

Flyburg
    Spoiler:

Ether Strike
    Spoiler:

Trappola
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: The cursed ones
    • Singularity the Marill (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force, designated HM buddy)
    • Modelista the Wingull (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force)
    • Babaroque the Lotad (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force)
    • Fracture Ray the Grovyle (Rectangular Force)
    • Grievous Lady the Linoone (Rectangular Force, designated HM buddy)
    • Iconoclast the Abra (Rectangular Force)
    • Purgatorium the Kirlia (Rectangular Force)
    • Chronostasis the Breloom (Rectangular Force)
    • Clotho the Graveler (Rectangular Force)
    • Syro the Numel (Rectangular Force)
    • Viyella the Aron (Rectangular Force)
    • Endroll the Hariyama (Rectangular Force)
    • Ignotus the Ninjask (Rectangular Force)
    • Nhelv the Taillow (Rectangular Force)
    • Conflict the Slakoth (Rectangular Force)
    • Vexaria the Whismur (Rectangular Force)
    • inkar-usi the Slugma (Rectangular Force)
    • Lucifer the Swablu (Ocean's Curse Rectangular Force)
    • Suomi the Spoink (Rectangular Force)
    • Dement the Silcoon (Rectangular Force, originally Wurmple but evolved just in case he would've become a Cascoon)
    • Quon the Koffing (Locked Ball Curse)
    • Lumia the Castform (Rectangular Force)
    Since blue berries aren't that tasty (mainly because two of them = literal Nuzlocke), I'd like to have a red berry and go downstairs. And sorry for the weird story fluff about my latest curse and HM buddies, I just can't think of a better Halloween-related one.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event - Black 2
    BADGES · Basic · Toxic · Insect
    BERRIES · Red x2 · Green x1 · Blue x1
    RULES ·
    Zombie Dinner
    Any Pokémon that can learn any of the following moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run: Bite, Crunch, Any of the Fang attacks (on Pokemon that can learn multiple, only one is required).
    ·
    Ocean's Curse
    Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule.
    ·
    Locke Clause
    Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run.
    ·
    Spooky Ball ✓
    If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse.
    ·
    Ghostly Adventure G✗
    Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
    ·
    Making Frankenstein G
    Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
    ·
    Zombieland G✓
    All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.
    ·
    Rectangular Force G
    All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on.

Miau wakes up in the dark, on the cold cemetery soil. How long has she been asleep? Where are all her Pokemon? She gets up, grabs two red berries, and then makes her way onward to room 16.

PARTY
    510MS.png
    Amandina ♀ Lv. 20 Impish, and often dozes off CURSED · Spooky Ball
    543MS.png
    Vienetta ♀ Lv. 18 Careful, but still highly curious
    109MS.png
    Pufarine ♂ Lv. 22 Rash, highly persistent
    298MS.png
    Mentosan ♂ Lv. 5 Serious, yet quick tempered CURSED · Ocean's Curse · Zombieland
    498MS.png
    Rom ♂ Lv. 16 Bashful, but likes to fight CURSED · Rectangular Force
    504MS.png
    Eugenia ♀ Lv. 8 Naive, likes to run (away) CURSED · Zombie Dinner · Rectangular Force
    447MS.png
    Magic ♂ Lv. 16 Naughty and strong willed CURSED · Rectangular Force
    BOXED

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • I'll edit in more details later but for now:

Defeated Falkner with Zag the Zubat, and also added Gale the Ghastly (and best ghost friend) to my team!

Update (more detailed edition):

Trick or Treat Challenge Part 1

Rules:
    Starter lock hex - Your Starter can no longer be used.
    Rectangular Force (GLOBAL RULE) - All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on
    Ghostly Adventure (GLOBAL RULE) - Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
    Making Frankenstein (GLOBAL RULE) - Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
    Zombieland (GLOBAL RULE) - All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.

I took a while to get started and a bunch of global rules popped up! (Though I guess Frankenstein rule doesn't apply since I just started and never boxed anything!)

Anyway, I start off venturing over to Prof. Elm's lab. He let me pick out my very own Pokémon! So I chose Scorch the Cyndaquil. Too bad I won't get to use him for very long :(

I go off to Mr. Pokémon's house to pick up an Egg, and also got my very own Pokédex from Prof. Oak! On the way back I ran into some jerk in Cherrygrove City who apparently stole a Pokémon (seriously not cool! I was also boring and just named him Silver). After delivering the Egg I was off on my journey, traveling the routes beyond Cherrygrove City. Due to the Rectangular Force rule, my Pokémon selection was limited. So I went to the incredibly Dark Cave and caught Zag the Zubat!

After arriving in Violet City, I proceeded to Sprout Tower where I met my best friend ghost, Gale the Gastly! Afterwards, I went back to Route 31 and caught Sai the Spinarak and Leaf the Bellsprout! Zag was really the only one that could take on Falkner (Sai and Leaf would be weak to Flying types and Gale wouldn't be able to attack with Ghost moves) so I then leveled up Zag until it learned Astonish at level 9 and went back to take on Sprout Tower. Got Zag to level 13 to learn Bite and defeated the Elder to get Flash TM.

I went straight to the gym and with a combo of Bite and Supersonic from Zag (and a few potions to heal against Pidgeotto) I took down Falkner!

Current Team:
    Spr_4p_041_m.png

Zag ♂ Lv. 15
    - Leech Life
    - Astonish
    - Bite

Spr_4h_092.png

Gale ♀ Lv. 8
    - Hypnosis
    - Lick
    - Spite

Spr_4h_069.png

Leaf ♂ Lv. 3
    - Vine Whip

Spr_4h_167.png

Sai ♂ Lv. 4
    - Poison Sting
    - String Shot

I'll go to room 11 and take a green berry please!

Last edited:
    Years

• INKBLOTS LOSES SOME ITEMS
    This cemetery has an item embargo. You should follow it. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Well, this section is pretty boring. There is a huge sign that has nothing written on it. But you also found few berries:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

CRUNCH'S POKÉ BALL ISN'T WORKING
    Well, that happens even to the best of us. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Crunch got to the section with mysterious staircase. Can he make it down there before the ghost of Pikachu? There isn't much time to pick berries, so here's only few:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

SANIACHAN IS TRAPPED!
    But at least she got the berry! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

She's in the underground now. There is an altair and a weird black rectangular thingy. She can interact with any of them. There isn't any escape route or berries. What a weird place. You can't pick a berry for this segment, but interacting with any of the objects will add one rule to your run.

MIAU ARRIVED TO HER FINAL DESTINATION
    Will she survive? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Well, what say about this section? There is a Poké Ball! Pick it up! And take more berries with it:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

SUPERJOLT SLASHES HIS WAY THROUGH THE CEMETERY
    He's unstoppable just like Jason! They even look similar... New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

It has been a while since someone was in this section, so it's all covered in the spider web. But there are still some berries:
    Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Back