• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Boss EVER!!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
  • Mysterious%2BFigure.png

...This. This thing is pure evil. Haven't beaten him yet, never attempting him again. And despite his overall cheapy-doucheness, I refuse to use that cheap Thunder Surge exploit. What were they thinking putting this guy into the game?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Ehhh.... I've never really found that many boss fights hard, but for sure one of the hardest for me was Lucian Fairfax in Fable II. Oh my god, that guy never dies. I swear. I spent like 10 minutes, and he still didn't die. I ended dying over and over and over. I just couldn't do it. It took me like 40 minutes to kill him, and then got defeated by a random Blaverine out around The Crucible. Huhhh.... I'll never forget that fight.

Voracidous The Invincible and Dexidous the Invincible from Bl2. Those two are invincible, I swear. I can not kill them solo. At all. I can't even get Dexi below half. Health gate fails, and the spots you have to hit him in are ridiculously small and in crazy places. On OP8, he literally can not be killed. He is actually invincible.

The Slug Boss in Dead Space gave me some trouble also. I just can't get the hang of that shooty gunny thing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The only bosses I can ever remember having trouble beating were the three female generals in Grandia because I was incredibly under levelled (and they didn't even have save spots to go back to, never did manage to complete that play through </3), and Machinedramon (plus a few other mini-boss Digimon) in the original Digimon World game. Basically, PS1 seemed to do boss fights the best - all boss fights I do nowadays are just far too easy and take no effort at all if you're at the right level.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • The General of the Gravel Stone in LostMagic was my most frustrating boss experience, but I don't know whether he was truly hard, or if I was just terrible at the game. It wasn't that he did a lot of damage to me; I was at the level cap, so his attacks didn't even do a scratch. But he loved surrounding himself with monsters that had insanely high defenses, so I had to go through them if I wanted to hurt him. And he healed them whenever I was close to defeating one. I fought countless battles with him to a draw, because neither of us could kill the other before time was up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I found Demise from Legend of Zelda series to be pretty tough to go up against, personally. It was very hard to damage him; in order to do it, you had to raise your sword towards the sky and charge it with lightning. Though, your charge would be interrupted if you were attacked, causing you to start again from scratch; to prevent you from doing it, the guy would always come rushing towards you and strike a couple of moves. Did get him beaten eventually, but it took me an extremely long time. Aside from him, Razor from Need for Speed was pretty hard, too; you'd be required to have a very fast car and lots of controlling skill to take him down. d:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Can I just say "Ninja Gaiden?" :P
    The bosses in those games always come to mind first.

On a more serious note, the only one I can recall having a great deal of difficulty with was Krauser in RE4, on Pro. My dad was actually the one playing at the time, and he got frustrated and handed me the controller.
    From what I recall, I proceeded to die an embarrassing amount of times, something like 6 or 7, just trying to get an opening to damage him.. And I eventually gave up on the guns and pulled out the knife..

..And all I can say is: That knife is OP.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Ehh.....I can't think of anything. Wait oh yes. I dunno if it is the HARDEST BOSS IN GAMING HISTORY but THAT dude gave me a lot of trouble: (Spook from Earthbound)

Spoiler:

Not only you don't have 2 of your party members with you, but you have the weakest (strong, but the weakest) party member! Jeff! He isnt even a PSI (magic) user...well that's it :P

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Omega from Final Fantasy V always gives me trouble. He's completely optional and he is the one of the superboss of the game, but I always had the urge to take him on as soon as possible. Needless to say, that I would wipe out instantly. Even if you're at level 99 and have a bunch of Fire Rings and Ribbons equipped, Omega is still no slouch.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Biolizard in its FinalHazard form in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was probably the hardest boss I've ever faced, though that was probably because of my age when I played the game. If I did it now, it'd be far easier than I ever thought back then, haha. It was pretty hard, though, fighting that thing with Sonic and Shadow and constantly getting hit by those lasers no matter how hard you tried to avoid them omg

Years
  • While not exceptionally horrible or difficult, Caius Ballad from Final Fantasy XIII-2 was especially annoying during the fights because of his quick movements >>;; I've gotten to the point, twice, where the controller has been thrown simply because I hate using Serah for one-on-one battles. It's agonizing, and I would much rather use Noel over Serah any day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 is at the top of my list of hardest bosses which I have ever encountered. I thought that the first two Devil May Cry games were challenging, but the 3rd. one took the series to an entirely new level. Originally, the game was too hard so Capcom had to release an easier version of the game because of all of the complaints. However, I didn't experience this because I played the series on the Devil May Cry Collection for Xbox 360 two summers ago.

When I owned a Playstation 3 I was really into the God of War series. I would have to say that Zeus was also one of my favorite, but hardest boss battles I have ever experienced. He was tough in God of War 2, and having to verse him again in God of War 3 scared the jeepers out of me!

The hard Sephiroth fight in Kingdom Hearts 2. I attempted to beat Sephiroth once. Once.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2014
    AHHH!
    Megaman X5- "Shadow Devil"
    I HATE HIM, SO MUCH.

It's the most unfair boss I have ever beaten... You should watch a gameplay and what this guy is about!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Mmm, same goes true, even to this day!

Ashera from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. She's.. arguably the hardest Final Boss in the whole Fire Emblem franchise, with all good reason. First you'd have to break each one of her protective 'auras', other wise you won't be able to actually combat her. Even when you've destroyed the auras, there's another catch if you'd want to defeat her - you have to beat her with only the weapons that were 'blessed', which you'll be able to have your weapons blessed at an earlier part of the final chapter, but, yes, it's the only way to harm her or else you won't deal any damage.

But even if you're attempting to kill her with a blessed weapon, she does a ton, and another ton of damage, so, you'd have to pick the right units for your party before rushing in the final chapter, or else you'll find that your units will one by one be all slaughtered, ahaha.. Each turn she damages everyone of your units, and she does really big damage with her Judgment attack. Even if you do kill her, she'll automatically be brought to life, unless you bring her down with Ike. Ugh.

Also for me, if you've played Kid Icarus Uprising:

Hades.png

Hades. I dare you to play him in Difficulty 9. :3
    Normally he's not too big of a deal to fight against in lower difficulties, but he's still generally a real tough one, imo, especially with his BLUE AND PURPLE SQUARES OF DEATH AND his constant spamage of his doom lasers. Seriously though, don't underestimate the amount of damage Hades can dish out over time. @_@;

Yukari

Megaman X5- "Shadow Devil"
    I HATE HIM, SO MUCH.

It's the most unfair boss I have ever beaten... You should watch a gameplay and what this guy is about!
    I really think that the Shadow Devil is... I really don't know. He it's pretty easy to beat him if you have 2 full E-tanks.

I would have to say Bass XX from Megaman Battle Network 5... He has 4000 HP and a 200 HP barrier. Oh, and his attacks Chaos Overload and chaos Nightmare do 900 damage. Need I say more?

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
    Years
  • Someone mentioned the Shadow Devil from MMX5. While kind of a challenge from what I've seen(which is very little, mind you!), I still think the original Yellow Devil is much, MUCH harder.

The Yellow Devil has a highly complicated attack pattern where he sends parts of body at you, which can be difficult to avoid. His weakpoint is the red eye, and once this is hit one or two times, he changes forms. For those sane enough to NOT try to kill this thing with only the mega buster, use his weakness, the Thunder Beam.

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Vagrant Story final boss is nos really that hard... But is a very looooooong battle and if you make a single mistake the boss can kill you in one hit with ease.

Being careful and patient is the way to victory... That and spam Magic Ward all the battle to cancel his magical attacks.

Then there is the final boss of Asellus Quest on SaGa Frontier. I swear that guy is random as hell!

And the guy playing in this video is very over leveled (and got lucky, the boss did't use that much his Mistresses attack. If you are unlucky he may do it once per turn along with instant kill one of your characters).

Also, Bayonetta try final boss with no dying. Any difficult is hard, Hard is just hell.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot him... DAT GALBALAN.

Years
  • So I'm sitting here, trying to get myself back into Bravely Default mode. Still at the same point I was with the vampire boss, which I thought was bad enough when I actually understood the game mechanics, but now after not touching the game ever since it came out makes it even worse ;; I have no idea what I'm doing. Am I the only one having issues with this particular boss? He's not even part of the main story line!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Anything from the Dark Souls series, or at least on your first playthrough of it. Essentially every time you face a new boss you have a reaction of "what is this?!?" and in a split section with not time to react you're already dead. Dark Souls 2 though has been surprisingly easy so far, but the first one was a pain in the arse with the intense difficulty.
    The Looking Glass Knight can be a massive pain depending on if it summons a player, and then what sort. And with the sort of people one tends to get looking for PvP (Havel's w/ Hexer's Hood, dual Avelyns and GRS spam), things can escalate quickly. It's actually my favourite boss in the series because it can summon players (guide here), but I tend to phantom for it more and help the poor hosts through the maelstrom of trolling mirror squires.

Back