• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (Part II)

Years
For some reason I think that having all Pokémon from 1st to 6th gen be 3D models and have em all be mixed and mashed together into this new region has given a really nice synergy to the entire franchise. Prior to this game I'd see pokémon in latter generations to most of the time look weird and not very much like actual pokémons.
Now I'm all up in every generation though, mostly thanks to this game. I've even started liking the Forces of Nature genie trio from gen 5 which I absolutley hated before. Now I'm totally cool and I kinda want the entire trio! (I've only got Landorus so far)

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
Omg, Aipom and Chimchar are so cute in battle...lol...

Also, Breloom looks funny...

Years
I battled a Typhlosion yesterday and it had flames when he was attacking!! :) I am relieved lol

Years
Typhlosion's lack of flames is the worst part of the new 3d models. It hasn't changed my opinion of him, he's still my favourite Pokémon but it just doesn't look right. On a more positive note, Haxorus looks pretty awesome I think. I also like Stunfisk actually. It looks like its supposed to. The 2d sprites didn't really convey how flat it actually was so it looked a bit wierd but now it looks pretty good.

Years
^ Typhlosion has flames. They appear when you're battling. I like Typhlosion better that way!

Now that Pokemon Bank is out, and transfered some of my Pokemon, I can say that Sceptile looks so good!! It's definitely my favorite Grass type Pokemon!!

sceptile.gif

Kingler is smaller than I expected!

kingler.gif

Years
I remember battling Xerosic sometime and he used a Crobat and my reaction initially was "whoa that is one huge bat".

Yeah, Crobat is like really big when seen in battle in this game. Although I'm not happy that he uses his wings to perform the move Bite, it's like how Charizard uses its tail when using certain physical moves that aren't even tail-based.

And for those who said Excadrill is a midget, I agree with you now.

Years
I have to agree with anyone who said Swellow, Salamence, Tropius or Skarmory.

Having them hovering like that (which seems to be the case for a lot of Flying-types) just makes them look really weird in comparison to their old sprites depicting them standing.

Whimsicott on the other hand, is now even cuter than she's ever been.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 16, 2019
I used body slam on Stunfisk for the lulz.

Seriously though, "3D" Stunfisk is kinda ridiculous.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
I remember battling Xerosic sometime and he used a Crobat and my reaction initially was "whoa that is one huge bat".

Yeah, Crobat is like really big when seen in battle in this game. Although I'm not happy that he uses his wings to perform the move Bite, it's like how Charizard uses its tail when using certain physical moves that aren't even tail-based.

And for those who said Excadrill is a midget, I agree with you now.

I think the worst example of this is Bulbasaur.... (or was it Ivysaur?)
Tackle uses vines that appear from the bud on it's back
Vine Whip does a Tackle type thing!

I think White Kyurem has been improved HUGELY in 3D, looks much less Frankenstein!
Black forme also looks badass!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I think the worst example of this is Bulbasaur.... (or was it Ivysaur?)
Tackle uses vines that appear from the bud on it's back
Vine Whip does a Tackle type thing!

lol seriously? Seems the devs weren't paying attention on that one....

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
It bothers me that Wailord is smaller than Vileplume. In fact, how small it is in general.
321.png

Years
It bothers me that Wailord is smaller than Vileplume. In fact, how small it is in general.
321.png

Wailord was definitely depicted massive in the console 3D games but I think they had to scale it down here due to limitations.

Speaking of Vileplume, that thing definitely surprised me, it's way bigger than I first pictured it to be.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Lugia's posture is so awkward...

249.png

And Regirock looks like he's wearing a diaper.

377.png

I actually haven't noticed it at first, but now that you mention it, yeah, it does look as if it's wearing diaper. XD The way it's standing is pretty... strange. As for Lugia, I think it would've looked better if it were actually flying.

Years
I actually haven't noticed it at first, but now that you mention it, yeah, it does look as if it's wearing diaper. XD The way it's standing is pretty... strange. As for Lugia, I think it would've looked better if it were actually flying.

Apparently Lugia is still shown flying so yeah not all bad.

lugia.gif

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
321.png
I'm guessing we're supposed to presume that it's just further afield, and that it's being smaller is simply a result of perception.

Obviously, they couldn't keep scale on many 'mons. Wailord to scale would pretty much just require seeing one of its fins poking through into the bottom of the screen.

Years
Raichu doesn't look as fat anymore that's one of my favorite things about the 3D but they screwed up Delphox she looks better in 2d. And shiny Gallade is darker than his usual sprite.

Back