• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

iTeruri

iAm
Years
  • I don't keep track of the amount of eggs, but I'm currently trying to get a shiny Tyrunt using my own 5IV female Tyrunt and a 5IV male Japanese Tyrunt I got throughWonder Trade. I still don't have a shiny, but I have about 80 5IV Tyrunt. The chance to get a 5IV child with 2 5IV parent seems to be slightly higher than 1/6, so I should've hatched about 80 * 6 = 480 eggs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Omg this is taking forever! Literally been doing this a month and am almost at 800. >.> I know that's not as many as some of you though. Ugh I just start doubting the everstone but I want to make sure I get a modest nature for shiny sylveon.

AKPorcupine

Yes, Follow the Light...
    Years
  • I just wanted to tell people my method for quick egg hatching. I've seen a lot of people saying they take so long to hatch eggs.

I have a Fletchinder in my main slot, since it has Flame Body, AND can learn fly. I used to have a Larvesta, and a Pidgeotto, but when I learned Fletchinder had Flame Body, that gave me one more egg slot.

Fill up with 5 eggs, then Fly to the middle Lumiose City location. You will fly right to the Centrico Plaza, which is just a huge circle. There, you can ride your bike in an infinite loop, just by holding down left or right. Then when all your eggs hatch, just fly back to Camphrier Town.

If this is already widely known, then cool. But I just figured people should know Centrico Plaza was practically designed for egg hatching.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    So I finally hatched my shiny Electrike on my 2,509th egg. It's already a Manetric and Im happy on how it looks, the yellow fur is sorta lighter than shiny Manetric in previous games and the black is the same. The Mega Evolution has a very potent yellow color tone+the black fur and it has red eyes and red claws just like the normal Mega Evo, sorry I can't post any pictures.

After that I decided to try and catch a shiny Pyroar in the friend safari and I did in less that 5 min lol.

EDIT: Heres the pictures, sorry for the bad quality.

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • After hatching about 550 eggs (I didn't keep track), the 5th egg I hatched today contained a shiny Tyrunt! I'm so happy right now. It's everything I hoped for. It's Impish, has 4 egg moves (Dragon Dance, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang and Fire Fang) and has 4 perfect IVs (HP/Atk/Def/SDef). It's speed IV is 14 or 15, which I don't really care about, because I'm not going to use it as a sweeper, anyway.

Years
  • I normally don't have the patience to hatch eggs for more than 20 minutes or so, but recently I started hunting for a shiny Phantump. I've filled a few boxes so far and no luck, but whatever. I'll keep trying.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • I decided to start a new MM target, that being Inkay. I've already hatched nearly five full boxes of eggs with no luck. I'm not worried though, as that must be only around 150 eggs. If it came earlier than that, I guess I'd be considered very lucky. So what do you guys think? Instated of gathering five boxes of eggs at a time, should I just reset in front of the DCM? Will it be faster to hatch large amounts of eggs?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Did it everyone! Took me a month and close to 1000 eggs but I got my shiny eevee! A boy which I will turn to a Sylveon. It's perfect because I have my girl pink and my boy can be blue! <3 My shiny eevee is modest natured with a mischievous characteristic. Very happy and excited! Don't give up guys and doubt yourselves like I did! You WILL get your shiny! I will probably try again for a shiny sometime but since this took a month and I haven't progressed in the game for a month (only at 5 badges) I think I shall try a hunt later. Goodluck and glad I could come here for support!

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Took just over 100 eggs for my Absol, working on Froakie now, which likes to take it's dear sweet time making eggs, only 17 eggs in now, but with flame body + hatching power, eggs hatch super quick

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I've taken to trying the Pokeradar and chain fishing between hatching sprees. Still no shiny Sandshrew, although I've racked up some impressive Flable chains on the radar. I goofed my longest one since I had eggs with me at the time and one hatched... oops.

Took just over 100 eggs for my Absol, working on Froakie now, which likes to take it's dear sweet time making eggs, only 17 eggs in now, but with flame body + hatching power, eggs hatch super quick
    I had a low egg-spawning ratio when I was breeding Chespin to give to a friend as well. Starters must have a low rate on purpose. I guess I should consider myself lucky for getting a Fennekin with 4 IVs from Wonder Trade ^^

Years
  • Finally got a shiny Ralts at around 780 eggs but the disappointing thing is that it's a male. I think I'm going to breed more till I get a female one.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I decided to start a new MM target, that being Inkay. I've already hatched nearly five full boxes of eggs with no luck. I'm not worried though, as that must be only around 150 eggs. If it came earlier than that, I guess I'd be considered very lucky. So what do you guys think? Instated of gathering five boxes of eggs at a time, should I just reset in front of the DCM? Will it be faster to hatch large amounts of eggs?
    I like to mix it up when hatching, so I never reset. I'll pick up 5 eggs and fly to Lumiouse City to ride around the tower until they hatch. Then I might do that again 2-3 times before trying the radar or chain fishing. If really bored I'll even go to the Battle Maison for a while :)

Rynengan

Ray
    Years
  • I got my Shiny Talonflame in Eggs, without the Masuda Method. I was just IV Breeding a tons of Fletchlings and i was lucky enough that one of them was shiny. But i must tell you that I hatched over 80 eggs until the shiny came up.

Back