• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Feunard

Random Trainer
Years
  • I've hatched around 1200+ eggs and still no shiny vulpix. I must be really unlucky or something. I recently got the Shiny Charm and I heard it makes the odds for MM better. I really hope it works -.-

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Charmanders with good IVs and Egg Moves...
    2 box-full of them. Another 2 of them already Wonder Traded...
    Still no shiny Charmander. =/

SHINY CHARM!
    Y U NOT WORKING?! <rageface.jpg>

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've apparently posted here but I don't recall what I posted with, but I've gotten an Eevee and Gible through MM a while ago, and just yesterday I got a shiny Togepi!

The Togepi wasn't even through MM (both parents were Japanese) but I got him within ~150 eggs, I was about to release him because of how subtle his shininess was until I noticed the star. Checked him out, he has 4 IVs and is Modest with Serene Grace, so I was pretty lucky.

(Also, I got a shiny Floatzel last night too in the Friend Safari, after <10 encounters about an hour after getting the Togepi ;p)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    LOL. I just posted about my 2iv shiny surskit i bred yesterday as my luckiest and unluckiest moment in pokemon. When i was about to click this thread, a shiny carnivine popped out! Checked its ivs.. only 4. feels good but bad at the same time! anyway first one took around 3eggs and this new one 13eggs. I guess im lucky egg-wise but unlucky iv-wise..

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    Latest update: I must say, I am not the type of person to be jealous, but when I saw Rapidfir3Pho3nix's post I was slightly jealous. I recently battled someone just to see what my egg hatching count was and it was at 2,302. Now, maybe 200 of these eggs (this is me being generous) were not eevee eggs, but that still puts me at 2,102 eggs hatched with not a single shiny eevee. I am so very close to just not playing this game anymore. :sigh: I'm almost to the point that if I do get one, I'm just going to release it out of stubbornness haha!

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Oh my gosh.
    Took a break last night from breeding, wonder traded a bunch of Cottonee away and returned to breeding this morning to take my mind of my midterm this afternoon.

FIRST EGG HATCHED TODAY. After 170 eggs total -
    ZW6ssgl.jpg

I couldn't believe it! Unfortunately has only one perfect IV (SpD) and has Infiltrator instead of Prankster but thankfully that can be changed with the Ability Capsule. Will just have to grind for some BP.

Gah. I'm so stoked.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    i hatched a shiny frillish in 3 eggs and a shiny bergmite in 56 eggs i bred 3+boxes of swirlix no shiny gave up 1 box of litleo up to now

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    The Masuda Method worked for me. In fact I was breeding for a shiny Evee and I got one on my 7th egg.

However I know that there are some people who hatch a whopping amount of eggs before they get a shiny. It just takes a ton of patience and time.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Oh my gosh.
    Took a break last night from breeding, wonder traded a bunch of Cottonee away and returned to breeding this morning to take my mind of my midterm this afternoon.

FIRST EGG HATCHED TODAY. After 170 eggs total -
    ZW6ssgl.jpg

I couldn't believe it! Unfortunately has only one perfect IV (SpD) and has Infiltrator instead of Prankster but thankfully that can be changed with the Ability Capsule. Will just have to grind for some BP.

Gah. I'm so stoked.

Did you remove it out from daycare then put it back in when you say taking a break?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I just want to ask how do people get shiny pokemons with good ivs? I'm guessing they are using the mesuda method with two good iv pokemons?
    The other thing I don't understand is how are they so good with the hidden ability and good ivs in each of the attributes you would want them to be in. Is it just the right set up and some good luck?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Oh gosh, I'm so excited.

So, I wonder traded away a bunch of Cottonee the other day, and just so happened to get a female 4IV japanese Eevee, so I thought, why not try to hatch a shiny eevee? I'd love a pink vaporeon.

Decided I wanted some egg moves, so hatched two boxes of Skitty trying to get a male one with 5 IVs. Got my male yesterday afternoon and started breeding Eevees.

4 boxes in and this morning, what do I get?

MY SHINY EEVEE!

And it's a FEMALE! I was preparing myself to have a male pink vaporeon but nu-uh, pretty little girl Eevee. She only has 3 perfect IVs but they're in the right stats - HP, Def and SDef! I think I'm officially addicted to MM breeding now. :P

nwDjPHj.jpg

I've read of others being successful doing that way, but not me.
    Hmm, interesting, I hadn't heard that before.

I just want to ask how do people get shiny pokemons with good ivs? I'm guessing they are using the mesuda method with two good iv pokemons?
    The other thing I don't understand is how are they so good with the hidden ability and good ivs in each of the attributes you would want them to be in. Is it just the right set up and some good luck?

I think either Masuda Method or they might RNG for them. Myself, I just Masuda method with the best pokemon I have and hope for the best. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Well, for me, I've had no luck. I am currently breeding for a shiny Espurr. And I haven't counted my eggs, but I know it's been well over fifty eggs since I started.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I just want to ask how do people get shiny pokemons with good ivs? I'm guessing they are using the mesuda method with two good iv pokemons?
    I usually start the process by IV breeding. Once I get a baby that's better than the current female (or male if breeding with Ditto), then I swap them out. Focusing on IVs while breeding makes Masuda Method go by a lot faster.

Eventually I get to the point where I make sure the regions are different, and wait around for shiny things to happen :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'm currently on my way to hatch a shiny Mareep, I just started so i'll tell you if anything happened, the previous shiny (Mudkip) took me 1346 eggs exactly, but now I'm gonna stop at 500. Damn that was nerve wrecking...

Back