• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has your time on PC so far been worthwhile?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
See the title, really. Has your time here so far been worthwhile to you? Why or why not?

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
While my official time here has been short, I stalked the progressing hacks section for awhile before becoming a member. I would have to say that all the time I've spent on PC has been well worth-while. I just love reading about the hacks coming out, playing betas, and complementing the creators on their inventiveness. I would like to have more friends within the community, but I'm new, so that's to be expected. All in all, I would have to say that my time on PC has been more than worthwhile. The fresh pokemon experience is priceless to me!

Years
Years before I joined PC, I lurked the site as a guest so I could see what the site was like.

And then eventually I joined in March of 2011 and I was a total noob when I joined, I even felt total mod wrath at the worst times, even making me want to leave the site. However, friends persuaded me to continue and I ended up winning two categories in the 2011 MOTY poll, which I never expected myself to win, nor even be nominated for those awards.

When I was still new, I started off by posting in the Pokemon-based sections, before eventually branching out into the Trivia boards, Pokemon Clubs, Other Voting Polls and New Users/Welcome. I do post in some other sections too but those ones above are where I'm most present.

2012 is where I totally turned around, making even more friends and then on my 20th birthday I got the best gift of all - becoming a PC Supporter. I always dreamt of being a Supporter when I first joined and now it has become a reality. Supportership changed me dramatically, cos not only did I get a blog, it also helped me contribute to the community even further by posting in as many sections as I can and I have since built a high profile.

Even though I'm present on a lot of big-name Pokemon forums, PC is still where my heart lies and it always will be.

So yeah, despite some setbacks my time was worth it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My time here has been completely worthwhile! I've met some fantastic people from all over the world and I've found a place to call my online home! The internet in general is a very important part of my life, so I think a place you can call your home base where nobody from your real life can find you is a great thing to have.

I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. Except maybe slushies from 7Eleven.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yes. If it hadn't I would be here anymore. This place is a nice place to rewind when there is no drama, and this is the place where I have met a few friends who I hope will always keep around with me. The fact that I still keep in touch with two of them even though they rarely come on here anymore says something.

Also I feel like this place helped with my graphic abilities though I still have a long way to go.

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
Yes my time has been epic. I have met new friends. New trading buddies and just found a place to relax really. So I believe my time here has been worthwhile.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
One thing that my time on The PokéCommunity has really helped me out with is my grammar and spelling - or rather my considerate lack of care for them - when posting online. I quickly learnt that utilising the quick but oh so disorganised (for lack of a better term) "text speak" on a large online community doesn't help; especially when trying to put an important point across. This was really helpful both on and offline as my ability to write improved tenfold after being on PokéCommunity for a while.

So just for that, I would say that my time on PC has been more than worthwhile; in fact it has helped me be as good as possible with a vital aspect of modern communication (how funny is it that proper grammar online is regarded as vital, eh?) and help avoid people putting be down "coz i type lyk dis yh" which I am eternally grateful for.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Yes, PC is a huge part of my life and I find it very worthwhile to be here all these years. I started joining forums in 2006 and I've stuck with PC for the longest. I've made TONS of friends, had lots of fun discussing my interests (cough dive balls cough), learned plenty of things, and achieved something I didn't know I could achieve...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Totally worthwhile. Without PC, I'd be bored during my down times, with nothing else to do! PC has the most amazing people here, as well as the greatest friends I've ever met, so yeah! Always worth the spare time I have.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
For the 10 months I have been here I have really enjoyed being a part of this community. The people here are really nice and welcoming and the mods are willing to answer questions of you're polite enough.lol I've met some of the greatest people who are now my really good friends. :) This forum is definitely one of the best Pokemon forums there is, but I'm a little biased so my opinion doesn't count. xD

Reactions: EB

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I joined three years ago as a little nooblet who wanted to be cool. I joined began to get involved in the community, but never really found my place. I tried to design signatures like popular members, act like popular members just so I could fit into the 'cool' group. I wanted to be popular, I wanted eveyone to send me messages all the time, but it never really worked. I eventually drifted away from PC for a good couple of months and returned around the start of last year.

Although gone for only a couple of months I believe I matured somewhat. I began to get more involved in the community, and begin to make my own contributions, and slap my own stamp on the community. I think I started to be myself, and that's when things changed. I realised I didn't need popularity, I didn't need attention to have fun.

I joined #PoC and met many many amazing people who I still talk to and whom I consider some of my best friends. (Even though most are across the world from me). I met my lovely pair Alex, and my other awesome pair Amy, met my long lost bro, Olli, Sector, Andy and many other fantastic individuals. #PoC, gave me the ability to be myself, and when I stopped trying to act like someone I wasn't, that's when I really was noticed.

The three years here at PC have been definitely worth it, I've grown more confident, I've come out of my shell, met some and made some fantastic friends, and most importantly, I've been able to be myself.

Jung

Sica please.
Years
Honestly, I've been on PC for 4 years now, and I don't know what to say about this site. When I first started out on my first account, I barely knew what the heck I was doing, PC is my first forum after all. I occasionally post replies here and there but I never really got into posting regularly. Of course, I went on hiatus on several occasions,and then I somehow come crawling back.Throughout the years I've met many people, but lost touch with them because they quit PC. I always wondered why I keep coming back to PC, even though I don't really do much here...it feels as if PC miraculously became some kind of addiction to me. Has PC been worthwhile for me? Yeah. I've learned so much from this site, met people, found new hobbies, and even found entertainment. The other day my sister sees me on PC and she goes like "This site again?" and I look directly at her and just smile. oh this site. >_>;

Years
I joined PC back in the good old glory 2007 days. I pretty much only visited the Competitive Battle Centre back then and sometimes the Trade Corner too. Battling was a huge passion for me, I would spend loads of time breeding really good Pokemon to wifi battle at PC and it was tonnes of fun! I eventually faded from PC because I lost interest in battling after they banned my Garchomp V_____V

I popped back here once or twice a year until around May 2011 when I got an interest in Pokemon battling again (around the time I got B/W I think). Though I eventually lost interest in battling yet again - for the same reason as well pretty much haha - I've stuck around this time. I actually ventured out and explored PC properly and discovered a nice easy posting forum known as OVP. I've made a fair few online friends on here and have even had the pleasure to personally meet up with some of you amazing people.

So in a nutshell, yes PC has been a worthwhile ride for me.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Of course! This has been the best forum experience I've ever had (the very first I've ever had, actually), and it has never failed me since I've joined last month. xD I've made many good friends here and have found a place to hang out during my free time. The people here have been mostly nice and welcoming and this has added to the reasons why I come back here everyday. <3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, though there's been ups and downs, if it weren't for PC, I wouldn't have met some amazing people, nor have met my boyfriend. I'm also thankful to PC for it having helped me cope with my anxiety and helped shape me into a better and stronger person.

Plus it can be pretty cool place to chill.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Yes! If it hadn't then I wouldn't still be on the forum, I've met some really amazing people, some of whom I don't really talk to as much as I'd like too anymore, others who I actively talk too every day! Without PC I probably would have a lot less knowledge of cool things that are being released that I may be interested in, too, because I'm too lazy to actually look into whether things are being released or not but I can see general news and hear from people who I talk too (Who I wouldn't have met unless I joined PC!) about stuff!

Pokécommunity is the only forum I actively use and I think that's just because it's got a really nice atmosphere and is very tight knit I guess? But yeah, overall I'm really enjoying my time on PC and it's been more than worthwhile joining it, and I don't intend on leaving for quite a while.

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
Years
I'd say it was worthwhile. Even if I'm not around a whole lot anymore, it's because of PC that I was able to learn about myself, and meet some really cool people. PC was around to hang out on when I was going through some things that were pretty tough, and that's still true. For nearly 8 years it's been around when I wanted to just sit at home and hang out online, or when I needed people I could relate to as far as some of the LGBT communities that have been around over time. Being on staff taught me some things, and I don't regret any of it. I still feel like this forum is a second home to me, and it holds fond memories.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
No. Nothing has been achieved save perhaps in my first year. Evidently I am not aiming to make my time here worthwhile and/or don't feel I can.

Last edited:
Years
Yeppers, I've met a lot of great people and had very positive experiences around the forum. I value the internet a lot as I'd lose my sanity without it; PC helped me cope through some bad days and just relax from the real world in general. :3

Back