• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you ever pulled an all nighter ?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
  • random thread time: Have you ever stayed awake all night ?

Me I have, when ever my daughter is sick I stay awake all night even if it just a cold.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I have many times. Most times I just couldn't sleep and ended up just staying awake. Other times, when it was on purpose, I regretted it sooo much.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Many times for uni.. I've pulled multi-allnighters.. 42 hours awake (double-allnighter), 4 hour power nap, then another 32 hours awake right after, etc.
    The last month of my final year at uni was like one massive allnighter. I swear I probably stepped outdoors twice that entire month. Crazy amount of work.

Years
  • Yes, I have on a number of different occasions, but I usually felt pretty awful afterwards. The longest I can ever remember staying up was about 44 hours, because I had some brilliant idea that I thought it would be cool to pull a double all-nighter. And about 2 or 3 months ago I stayed up for about 36 hours hoping to reset my sleep schedule, but it never really affected anything.

Years
  • Once. At a sleepover with my friend, played DS all night (sad, I know). Next day I was sick, though and didn't go school for a week; so that turned out brilliantly...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Yeah. I planned on doing it for my last birthday with my friends, but it didn't work out.

But I did it on my own sometime ago. Stayed up on my bed with the laptop, talking to people on a forum. Some guy stayed up with me so we could talk n_n" He left around 7am, though.

I admit, I only lasted until noon before I passed out for about half of an hour while watching Pokemon. :T But after I woke up, that half hour was enough sleep to last the day.

I also might have when I was a baby, though. Severe acid reflux when you're less than a year old (apparently) means you're awake all night screaming. u_u"

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I have a couple times unintentionally. Ive tried to pull an all nighter but get seriously tired by 2 or 3 AM.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
    Years
  • Uhhh yea...alot. When I feel like staying up all night playing video games surfing the web or whatever

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    When I worked overnights it essentially came naturally to me. Staying up for more than 24 hours is kind of rare though. I couldn't sleep the night I left and went to bed at 9 that night, got up at 5:30 AM and it's been like that since.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have done it in many occations, 100% of them have been wasting time on the computer. Playing games, watching videos on youtube, posting on forums, watch/comment on images on DeviantArt.

In my mind, its only 11:00 pm, I'll sleep in 2 hours, next time I look at the clock its already pass 6 in the morning.

Fuyuki~

Banned
    Years
  • A couple of times. Usually I get tired eventually or decide "I'd better get some sleep" and go to bed at like 3 AM in the morning.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Honestly, no, I haven't. I'm pretty busy during the mornings so I have to wake up as early as possible. Guess I can't watch those late-night movies on HBO.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • There's this one time where me cousins went to visit and we had a sleep over, we just stayed up so late watching T.V., playing, and talking and sometimes building a fort in the middle of the night.

Years
  • I stayed up until 6-7am a few times when I was living at home without a job. It was pretty easy to just get distracted by the computer all night, since I had no obligations. Since I've moved to Kansas and gotten a job, I think I've only stayed up past 5am like once or twice. Not something I can do anymore. :p

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I pull all-nighters very regularly, usually around twice a week. It's mostly due to insomnia though so I'm not sure if that counts for the question haha. When it comes to intentional all-nighters, I've had a quite a few when playing new video games, watching a new anime or working on a project, but they don't really feel like a big deal to me since they happen so often I'm pretty much used to it. My body just seems to be able to run on barely any sleep :p

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I try to pull an all-nighter but, it usually fails haha. I get so tried and sleepy I just can't stay awake. Do'nt get me wrong, I've pulled some before, but that was when I had stocked up on soda and chips and other junk not long before.

-

Call me Dash.
    Years
  • Yeah, a few times. My middle school hosted these events like twice a year called all-nighters (Who knew?) where basically they rent out a building a throw a giant party. I went to a few of those, but also stayed up multiple nights (Not consecutively) playing Skyrim when it first came out. The last time I stayed up all night I was playing various mmos. It was ~late July when that happened. Good times...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Many times I have done this; the most recent was two days ago. I decided to finish an essay of nine pages about crime theories all in one day. All the times that I have pulled an all nighter was due to trying to get any type of work out of the way very early, so I can do more important things.

:t354:TG

Back