• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold or SoulSilver?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
  • I choose my verision, depending on the exclusive legendary :L
    And of dat, I chose Silver. I never fancied Ho-Oh dat much tbh :/. To me, Lugia is way more superior ^^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I prefer HeartGold over SoulSilver I guess its because Ho-oh reminds me of the Rainbow Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh and at the time I was running a deck with the Rainbow Dark Dragon in it. But that's besides the point so anyway yeah HeartGold for me.

Years
  • Of the two, Heart Gold is my main game. I like its exclusives, including Ho-Oh, more, and it just stuck with me when I got it new at GameStop not long after release.

Soul Silver I do enjoy as well, I got that used a year after I got Heart Gold, however. That one I mostly use for fun playthroughs (like challenge runs).

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I prefer SoulSilver; it's the version I picked for my main playthroughs and I just prefer Lugia and the exclusives it offers. Contradictorily, I have two copies of HeartGold..

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • HeartGold all the way for me!! Not only do i prefer Ho-Oh to Lugia, but here is a small selection of the awesome HG exclusive Mons:
    Primeape, Arcanine, Donphan, Gliscor, Claydol, Kyogre...

Years
  • I bought Soul Silver first and played the hell out of that game back in 2010 when it came out. I have Heartgold too, I'm actually playing it now, but I didn't play it as much/get as far as I did in SS, so i'll go with Soul Silver here, for now. But I like Ho-Oh as a Pokemon more than I like Lugia, I and prefer some of HG's version exclusives to SS's.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
    Years
  • HeartGold, because I like Ho-oh's design better than Lugia's and it also had Kyogre which was the first legendary I fought in my life. Aside from that my brother wanted SoulSilver so I got HeartGold.

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    Heartgold, because Ho-oh is my favorite legendary. :p

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I got both games. But I bought Soul Silver first, OMG I remember, I really wanted to get the games on release date, and the Heart Gold copies were all pulled back fom the stores in The Netherlands because there was something wrong with the games (there was a bug, you didn't get a title screen and you could not save or access your saved file)... So the release date was delayed... :\

Anyway, got Soul Silver first, I was hooked, and bought Heart Gold as soon those copies were fixed and released again :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I can't choose. :( I like both the version mascots and the other version exclusives, I either like both or feel indifferent about them. So like...I just can't choose, honestly. HGSS, as well as the original Gold and Silver, are the only paired games I actually don't have a preference on. I'm totally fine with either.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I chose HG mostly because it contained two of my all-time favorite exclusives: Mantine and Sandslash. Couldn't go without 'em. I like Lugia more than Ho-oh, but nothing stopped me from going to Whirl Islands later on anyway.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I hate the whirl islands, but the reason I chose HG is because Gold was always my favorite of the three. Crystal was a very close second, but the way you got Ho-oh aggravated me.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I prefer HeartGold because I played the heck out of Gold a while ago, and in my opinion HeartGold had better exclusives like Arcanine and Ariados. I'd rather Ariados over Ledian any day :p

also, Ho-Oh's a really cool legendary, being a rainbow bird. That theme though. Yeeeees. Lugia's still awesome, but Ho-oh's just that inch on top.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • HeartGold for Ho-oh. The scene where Ho-oh flies down to battle you and the ritual that the Kimono Girls perform to summon it all go together so well.

Plus, Growlithe.

Years
  • Bought SoulSilver for Lugia, but Spinarak is so cute ;__; I was honestly torn for a while. Ended up trading with my friend to eventually have Ariados on my team. Ledian is still a pretty cool Pokemon, though, so that and my preference of Lugia over Ho-Oh were the main reasons I decided on SS.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I prefer HeartGold, but honestly like Lugia more than Ho-Oh. (Though I still like both.) Gold is something I've always liked better than silver. Often, I opt for gold jewelry instead. (Funnily enough though, my first game was Silver because it came in a pack with a significantly less ugly Gameboy than Gold.)

Still, HG has Growlithe and Arcanine, and they were once my favorite Pokemon of all time. Of course, SS doesn't lag too far behind with Vulpix and Ninetales, who were also former favorites of mine. Still, I preferred using the former many times, so I went with HG anyway.

Back