• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    This is GS, so the Gyarados is cathable. I don't know where you heard it (I guess IGN, they get everything wrong), but it's not true. Believe me, I know Pokemon a lot.

Years
  • It was on Pokemon Epiphany's Forums, and it was just rumored. There were quite a few other rumors, most of which sound viable.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm pretty sure they might make the Red Gyarados still catchable. If not then they just took away one of the most biggest originalities from the older G&S.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would really like to get the shiny Gyrados again, it will bring back the G/S remake touch. Plus, it'll make people happy knowing that they caught a shiny. ^^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, didn't Team Rocket have some plot involving the Red Gyarados? ... If so, then you can most likely expect to see it again. Plus, let us not forget that Diamond and Pearl had a small news caption on the sighting of the Red Gyarados from the start. Either it was used as just to make a loud hint to this remake and/or it signaled it will still remain in HGSS.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
  • @Pollywagged:
    Ya your right, I totally forgot bout Celebi. x.x;
    But yea I see your point. Makes sense.

Other than that.. They can follow in the footsteps of some hacks. Surfboard is an example. A flashlight is a great idea IMHO. A machette or sword or blade or clever (MWAHAHA!!!) of some sort. Sure why not.
    As for fly... Hm.. Strap balloons and blow on em?

Okay that didn't... Whatever. <<;

Edit: As for the Red Gyarados, in DPPt it also hinted its above-average availability I suppose. My bro got on from surfing or fishing there. Sure, it might be luck, but I dunno. The whole thing sounds a little too good to be a coincidence.

The Operator.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I actually like the caves being pitch black, it made it more challenging. Also, there are 8 HMs rather than 7 because there are 8 Gyms that allow us to access the use of them outside of battle after we've gotten the badge.

just cause there are 8 badges doesnt mean anything not every badge lets you use HM only certin ones

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I remember the red Gyrados tv show. That could've pointed to this remake and we didn't even know it. I think that the shiny Gyrados will still be there because of how it'll make the games more of a remake than a new game, which is good.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think they might add the machette in replace of Cut, because I wouldn't be surprised if they think it is too violent for the minds of the younger fans. As for fly, I agree with the balloon idea, I mean look what they used in the WiFi Plaza in Platinum to float...Balloons...lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't think they might add the machette in replace of Cut, because I wouldn't be surprised if they think it is too violent for the minds of the younger fans. As for fly, I agree with the balloon idea, I mean look what they used in the WiFi Plaza in Platinum to float...Balloons...lol

Balloons? I would say more like a blimp or hot air balloon.

Also I wouldn't want cut to be replaced for a machette, it would be violence.

The balloon idea and things like that should be left for the next generation in my opinion.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ It is just an idea that members came up with if they were to remove the HMs for Key Items...Still, I compliment for the creative thinking.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • As long as the Move Deleter remains free, I don't mind having HMs. However, this Key Item idea sounds pretty cool.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Because little monsters slashing, burning, kicking, punching, PARALYZING other monsters is completely safe, and does not promote violence at all! :O!

Well all of these things are not violence like for me, but what about all of the other little children who like pokemon? Little children using a machette instead of cut, it's awkward to me.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
  • i personaly think the game should have the orange islands imo. and the wirl islands to have towns on them like in the anime. with festivals and game corners and such...

and i want a pudgey pidgy!!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    If there are going to be contests, they will be Hoenn styled if there is a loving and merciful God. I actually thought those ones were fun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i personaly think the game should have the orange islands imo. and the wirl islands to have towns on them like in the anime. with festivals and game corners and such...

and i want a pudgey pidgy!!!!
    Unfortunately, this won't happen as stuff that happens in the anime stays separate from what goes in the games. We're talking about a place that was used ten years ago. If for some reason Game freak wanted to use those islands which the anime invented rather than themselves - and they don't go off using anime stuff since Yellow which was in the form of a few minor elements like Pikachu following, to ride the success of the anime then; ever since it has never happened - why were they not in RBY then, or in the FR/LG games in place of islands they made themselves in the Sevii Islands? Orange Islands were used as filler and a bridge in-between the Kanto and Johto seasons; nothing more, and are rather unlikely to fit in the games due to this. Just like many of the other anime stuff that is about and never found its way into a game.

Same for towns on the Whirl islands based off the anime ones; Game Freak is more likely to stick to the Whirl Islands they made - ones with Whirlpools surrounding them and Lugia inside, which might harm any chance a town would have in remaining self-sustainable. Changing what they did in GSC just because it was in the show years ago... well, it doesn't really work that way. =/

I had a random idea today - perhaps through the DSi, then Radio function of the Pokegear (if it does come back) could use music from the SD card and play it. Then one could have their old GSC music if they wanted (and had the files, I suppose)... or Miror B's music, or just whatever. I do doubt such a thing really working out though - it'd have to be able to somehow take the music files that you wanted, in case you had more, from the SD card, and assign them to a frequency (if the radio works as it did in GSC), and then play it in the game and so forth - programming wise it wouldn't be easy and all. Just a random, unlikely 'what if' I felt like throwing around.

Back