• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Rei Takabia
flaire_by_elaynii-d6nowhq_zpsirfa4xlj.png

"Well... You're not entirely useless. Maybe you could carry my bag for me."

17 // Blackthorn City // Female

Appearance

Rei stands at a height of about 5'8". She sports a fair skin complexion, which is offset nicely by her intense, violet eyes and wild, crimson-red hair. It is quite long, easily reaching down well past her lower back. She keeps most of her hair pulled back into a tall and wild ponytail, with her bangs framing the sides of her face. Her soft facial features make her quite easy on the eyes. Her body build is somewhat slender, yet still accented with curves in all the right places. Rei has a small scar on the back of her left shoulder, one that she obtained when she was much younger as a result of a fall she experienced when climbing a tree.

In terms of clothing, Rei often tries to put equal focus onto both comfort and style. She is most comfortable when wearing sneakers and denim jeans. Her preferred style is to wear them slightly flared, usually with some sort of design to accentuate their appearance. Rei often wears a long-sleeved t-shirt for a top. She prefers to wear these in darker colors, usually in the hue of a deep violet or black. Most of her tops are a bit lower in cut, so Rei will commonly wear a tank top or something of the sort underneath to preserve some form of modesty. She usually completes her look by wearing a red, leather belt around her waist and a pair of crescent moon-shaped earrings in her ears. When traveling, Rei keeps all of her trainer goods in a dark purple shoulder bag that she wears off her left shoulder. She keeps the balls of her Pokémon on a stylish, bracelet-like accessory on her right wrist.

Personality

A headstrong and determined young woman, Rei outspoken and not afraid to give her opinion on things. Always willing to rise to new challenges, she does not take things into consideration such as impossible or difficult. Rather, Rei makes it her goal to find solutions and each challenge that comes her way is a stepping stone to new ways of testing her power and growing stronger as a trainer who will be worthy of becoming the next master of the Dragon's Den.

That said, she tends to be quite cocky and egotistical. Rei sees herself as a force to be reckoned with, and she is not exactly shy about this feeling either. Why one could potentially see her dedication and determination to being a strong and unrivaled Pokémon trainer as admirable, it also boarders along the line of obsessive. She can push herself beyond healthy limits, and can potentially treat her Pokémon with the same regard. Rei is quick to hold a grudge. She tends to see many around her on a lesser level than her, and she's not shy to let them know it.

When she's not training her Pokémon or seeking out stronger opponents, Rei likes to spend her time drawing. It's been a stress reliever she's had since she was a small child, and can often be seen carrying a small notebook and pencil with her to at the very least due some sketching during her downtime. Rei tends to draw whatever interests her at the time, ranging from various Pokémon to something she may see in a town or forest. While drawing, she tends to block out all others around her, as if escaping into her own little world.

History

Rei was born and raised in Blackthorn City. She lived with her grandparents in the town, her grandmother being a retired nurse from the city's Pokémon Center, while her grandfather serves as one of the attendants to the master of the Dragon's Den. During her younger years, Rei respected her grandfather's time as the master's attendant. However as she grew older, the girl began to find herself wondering why he always settled just for that. She had been well aware that in his younger years, the old man used to be quite the Pokémon trainer. Yet still, he seemed to be quite satisfied remaining in a power of weakness.

Rei always showed an interest in being a trainer herself. When she came of the proper age, Rei was sent to Goldenrod City's trainer academy. There, she began to study the finer points of being trainer properly. She was a very diligent student, always putting work ahead of fun. She excelled in most of the classes she took, taking it as a chance to become a stronger trainer. During breaks at the academy, such as during the holidays, she would return home to see her grandfather still serving in his constant role as the master's attendant. And the more time passed, the more angry she began to grow about it. Rei realized that if he was not willing to take a position that he could easily obtain, then she would be more than happy to take care of it herself.

Finally, an opportunity presented itself. Rei eventually graduated the academy and received a starter Pokémon of her own. While she had been hoping for a more powerful Pokémon, Rei knew that she was probably lucky that she was able to receive her first Pokémon from the couple in the first place. With any luck, the Daycare Couple did not gift her a horribly weak Pokémon...

Rival

Rei views her rival to be none other than Blackthorn City's own gym leader, Clair. Rei is fully aware that by carrying the title of gym leader, Clair has been more or less guaranteed to be the strongest trainer within the city. She is also fully aware that Clair is capable of being able to hold her own against most of the Elite Four, the only known losses against them coming from her cousin, Lance. So naturally, Rei took to making her rival the gym leader. Clair herself is not aware of this, but in Rei's mind it really does not matter in the first place. She will only consider her journey a success once she not only defeats her in battle, but manages to conquer the Elite Four... Lance included.

250px-172Pichu.png

Starter Pokémon

Storm the Pichu

Starter Ability

Lightning Rod

Starter Moveset

Thunder Shock // Tail Whip // Charm // Thunder Punch

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Aaaand done! Phew.

Let me know if there are any discrepancies!

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Utopian's Giselle Redbane,

Jegretis' Ivan Roustein,

Elektra Heart's Yvonne,

Gimmepie's Preston James,

Sayoko's Lana Kersey,

PastelPhoenix's Marcus Wells,

Disclosed's Harley Fujimoto,

and Frozen Heart's Rei Takabia have been accepted. Welcome to the team!

Yes, I did have to bump the number of players up to eight because there were so many wonderful applications submitted.

Thank you so much to everyone. I'll try to have the first installment of the IC up by Wednesday, at the latest.

Thank you, again, to everyone involved!

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Hey, no problem. Thank you very much for acceptance! I can't wait to start playing Harley 2.0 again!

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Woo, i'm excited for this! Thanks for accepting me.

Years
HYPEHYPEHYPE

Looking forward to just being a player in a good ol' journey. It's been a while since I've been in one of these I wasn't GMing lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Awesome! Nothing to add here, just wanted to say I'm looking forward to this!

LinearAxel

Years
Hello, everyone!

I just submitted the post into the IC, so that should hopefully be up in the next few hours.

If you could claim your missions here, that would be fantastic~

Ps, Congratulations to PastelPhoenix, who won the Surprise Shiny Giveaway. The RGN chose him, so he will start his journey with a shiny Azuril. I intend to have more surprises like this throughout the game, because who doesn't like surprises?

I also intend to make everyone custom overworld sprites based on their trainers, because you guys are awesome and deserve presents. Have a nice night!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Hmm...interesting missions. Not sure which one I will go for, but my character would most likely go for the news report one, since it is sort of his nature to take the spotlight lol. I'm willing to do that mission alongside you GP, if you want :)

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh boy.

Harley's most likely going to move through the first route into Cherrygrove and do a mission or two there.

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
We can do several missions? I thought these only occurred once, so if someone takes it, they're out. No?

At any rate, Utopian and I want to take on the Guide Gent mission. Question though - do each of us get a lantern then, or only one? I guess we could go into wherever the lantern leads us together, but just for future reference?

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
The Guide Gent mission in-particular seems like something that could happen more than once. The Guide Gent himself loves showing new Trainers the ropes so I'm sure he could provide more than one tour; that's how I interpret it so far.

Actually, I'll explicitly claim the Pokeball delivery mission because it'll allow Harley to back-track to Rt. 29, the way I'm thinking of writing it. But I'm also interesting in the Flower Power mission. Really, I like all the missions, maybe that's why I'm not too big a fan of the whole "mission claimer" thing.

Last edited:

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
We can do several missions? I thought these only occurred once, so if someone takes it, they're out. No?

At any rate, Utopian and I want to take on the Guide Gent mission. Question though - do each of us get a lantern then, or only one? I guess we could go into wherever the lantern leads us together, but just for future reference?

Change of plans i'm interested in doing the Hoppip mission! We'll do a JP another time, any other takers for the Hoppip mission?

Years
Hmm...interesting missions. Not sure which one I will go for, but my character would most likely go for the news report one, since it is sort of his nature to take the spotlight lol. I'm willing to do that mission alongside you GP, if you want :)

Sounds like a plan!

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Hmm, thinking it would be best for me to do the Hoppip mission. Seems like the job for a tiny imbalanced mouse with no hands.

LinearAxel

Years
Hello, everyone! It really thrills me to see you're asking questions and making plans for JPs and helping one another out. Your passion fills me with determination to make this a great journey for all of you. ^.^

Missions do only occur once, unless otherwise stated. However, all of these missions can be done in JP format by two people.

If after everyone claims a mission, and you finish your mission , and there is still time before we move on, you may take on a second mission, though you won't get the reward.

Also, missions are not necessary. If nothing appeals to you, you are allowed to stroll right on through without taking part in one. You can make up your own mission, if you want, though if you feel it's too big, you can talk your idea through with me. c=

If you're not sure what to do, you can send me a PM, and I'll help you think of something.

The guide gent knows this group is coming, so he has a few lanterns on him. c= If you take this mission together, you will both get a lantern.

Any other questions? Please ask! I love talking to you all.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh, Linear, you sweetie-pie...

Surely I can get accustomed to the missions. They're a pretty free thing after all. I'll probably involve Harley in more money-oriented ones in the future since that's really what she needs. The predetermined rewards and limited number of official missions put me off a little at first is all.

But I ain't GOT no questions. I'll start my first Harley post tomorrow!​

Back