• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music high school

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    show your age real quick lol do you still listen to the same stuff you listened to in high school? if so, do you think it still holds up? did it age well? or did it not age well, but you hold a soft spot for it despite the cringe? what you listened to in high school doesn't necessarily have to reflect the times ofc like i was listening to a lot of nirvana and this was the late 2000's for me.

i consider my high school experience to be split between the different schools i was at, the first half being more top 40 geared stuff/radio friendly/easily accessible (james blunt, mariah carey, green day, my chemical romance, fall out boy, gorillaz, ciara) and the second half the uhhhhhhh i'm gonna call it emo but not good at it (nirvana, deftones, flyleaf, mindless self indulgence, disturbed, three days grace, underoath). i have a slight third phase but it's so short bc it was like the tail end of senior year so i won't count it tbh. but yeeeeah that second phase. she didn't age well lmfaooo... nirvana and deftones are fine obv like that wasn't New at that point anyway, but like...god didn't we collectively forget three days grace like. i never hear anyone talk about them now and didn't hear their name after like 2011. animal i have become amv........

also i listen to mcr like every day so... lol and those deftones albums. around the fur is a fucking banger and don't u forget it

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah occasionally I do. I still get into a Belle & Sebastian mood every year ^^ But generally I've moved on.

I listened to a lot of swedish pop back then and hearing it now just makes me sentimental or makes me remember bothersome things. So I mostly prefer newer music.

Years
    My tastes honestly aren't that different but I have had very eclectic taste for... always lol. I think the main differences are that I listen to a bit less in the way of classic rock and metal groups (although still plenty of both genres in general) and radio pop (although weirdly there's also more pop artists making music right now I actually like?) I'm a lot more willing to explore electronic genres now too now that Dubstep isn't just... fucking everywhere. I listen to VGM more now also.

So it's less that I listen to different music and more that I listen to the same music in different quantities lol. That and I'm more willing to explore.

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
    I've gone much more indie and pop ever since and don't regret it one bit. Back in HS, I would totally just listen to like whatever people showed me and whatever was on the radio. Soooo I guess what's different is that I search for what to listen to now, than just take what I find.

Years
    Only thing that's changed for me is that I'm much more open to mainstream music than I was back then. I still like the same stuff (alt rock stuff, The Strokes, The Killers, etc.) but I also like Ariana Grande, Post Malone, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, etc. now. My music taste has diversified ever since I dumped the elitist attitude and I'm thankful for it.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    show your age real quick lol do you still listen to the same stuff you listened to in high school? if so, do you think it still holds up? did it age well? or did it not age well, but you hold a soft spot for it despite the cringe?

I feel I'm a bit young for this conversation as I only graduated last summer, but a few days ago I opened Spotify again for the first time since the summer and it kind of took me a second to realize, "Oh, this is the kind of music I listen to." For me I can't help but think everything I listen to is "cringe" even if I attempt to listen to mainstream stuff after friends or an ex of mine tried to introduce me to it. I don't even think my taste in music really changed since then, but it felt like it kind of took me a bit to remember it's what I enjoy, if that makes sense.

As for if it holds up, I've really got no clue. I have had periods I've listened to "the edgy teenage angst songs" and I feel like if I stuck with that kind of music for longer, it would be a lot weirder to look back on.

Years
    • Seen today
    Highschool was only two years ago but i'm still absolutely random about what I listen to.

I jump from gangster rap, to 50's music, to cheery musicals, to metal in the same playlist.

Back