• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High Speed Make-a-Mega - Submit Mega Parasect Designs!

Which Stat Spread Should Mega Parasect have?

• [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9906788&postcount=47"]Option One[/url]

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9907191&postcount=50"]Option Two[/url]

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • Bug/Ghost, definitely! I already thought that typing would suit Parasect. It'd make for some interesting concepts too, once people start drawing it!

Years
  • Interesting take on Bug/Ghost to reflect on it being a bug?s husk taken over by the fungus. As Parasect is based on the Cordyceps fungus, I wouldn?t have it as been completely overgrown because that?s not how the fungus works; it spreads out of the victim once they are dead. Great design opportunities there.

As a result, I?m thinking however we could go the other way - the Cordyceps has ?taken over? but actually Parasect is still alive and they therefore almost live in harmony, creating this sinister monster which reflects the sinister nature of the Pok?dex entries. To signify said change, in putting forward Grass/Poison AND Bug/Dark.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Oh wow, I didn't expect my nomination to be voted in but I'm super happy about that, the Paras line is one of my faves. :D I don't have a nomination to add but I'm loving the type nominations so far and the reasoning behind them, I'm glad we're on the same page with the "zombified"/fungus thing, it'll be awesome.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • So I was going to suggest Bug/Ghost, but seems it more people were on the same wavelength here. Zombie Pok?mon let's go!

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yo I was about to boost mono-Grass again, but now I want to suggest something more out there. Like, instead of the mega form making Parasect's situation worse, maybe the rush of energy overrides the Cordyceps' presence altogether? Like, I can't be the only one sick of the super dark Pokedex entries for mega evolutions, right, lol. So I'll suggest mono-Bug, hell even Bug/Psychic to reflect its enlightened mind or something. Let's save Parasect!

Last edited:

DreamTeam

The Guardian
    Years
    • -
    • Seen Sep 6, 2018
    I was thinking that Grass/bug would be nice tho, I mean Parasect is literally a big mushroom.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well for me the first two that came to mind were Bug/Dark but someone already put that in so the other one I had in mind would be Bug/Ice. Frozen mushrooms. xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Voted pure Bug type because Kanto specifically lacks pure Bug Types. Scyther is Bug/Flying, leaving just Pinsir as the only pure Bug Type. Furthermore, we can get rid of its annoying Dry Skin ability, forever ridding it of x5 weakness to Fire.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Honestly, any concept of "the parasite taking over more", that includes the bug type kind of ignores its own point - Parasect's BODY is the bug. the MUSHROOM is the grass.

Years
  • ^That's what I was thinking too. I mean Bug/Ghost could work if its mega form is what is left of Parasect after the mushroom leaves its body. But Bug/Ghost when the mushroom takes even more control of Parasect just doesn't make sense.

Years
  • ^That's what I was thinking too. I mean Bug/Ghost could work if its mega form is what is left of Parasect after the mushroom leaves its body. But Bug/Ghost when the mushroom takes even more control of Parasect just doesn't make sense.

The taking over part not really, but the slowly killing off Parasect until it's a zombified husk does.
    Although that would make more sense for a normal evolution maybe. I think Bug/Ghost works well thematically though, even if not logically perhaps.

Years
  • Whoops, sorry this is late! Our Mega Parasect is going to be Bug/Ghost after all. With that in mind, what ability shall we give it?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Wonder Guard

Cursed Body would work nice thematically, even though it might not be necessarily strong enough to fit a Mega. But I'm not really sure what else to give it really.

DreamTeam

The Guardian
    Years
    • -
    • Seen Sep 6, 2018
    Cursed body? More Like Serene Grace would fit it. Parasect's gonna be a mega after all.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Can't wait to see the designs! As for its ability, there are some that suit the concept, like Lycan said, but... hmm. Guess I'll throw in Shield Dust / Unaware / Tough Claws?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

If we are going for something zombie like or really want to emphasize on the Bug/Ghost typing I think a custom ability could be cool. Think Bad Dreams on Darkrai but something a little different. I was thinking something along the lines of an ability called Bloodlust: When the user makes contact with the opponent leech 1/3 of damage done and restore health. This makes moves like Leech Life really effective on Parasect.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Brand new ability like Bloodlust sounds unique. We are creating a new Mega after all but I was thinking that it be 25%. 33% would put you over 80% of Damage inflicted... which is nuts lol. Thankfully Big Root can?t be used in this situation or we?d really be OP.

Years
  • If we are going for something zombie like or really want to emphasize on the Bug/Ghost typing I think a custom ability could be cool. Think Bad Dreams on Darkrai but something a little different. I was thinking something along the lines of an ability called Bloodlust: When the user makes contact with the opponent leech 1/3 of damage done and restore health. This makes moves like Leech Life really effective on Parasect.

We actually have the perfect ability for that right here!

It'd be cool to keep the continuity.

Back