• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoenn Team

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm still debating on what starter to use (probably torchic) but I know I will have a Crobat or flygon on my team, as well as Kyogre. The rest I'm still deciding. I mean, they're probably going to add a few more Pokémon to the regional dex, but if not, my beta team (for now) is:

Blaziken
    Crobat
    Kyogre
    Mighteyenna
    Flygon
    Metagross

But I'll see when we get more info about the games.

Years
  • The problem with R/S/E is that you had to wait a while to get lots of the good and interesting pokemon, making raising your ideal team annoying. But, if they keep the Exp share as they did in X/Y, replacing pokemon in your current team shouldnt be too hard! So Here is mine:
    Swampert/Sceptile (Depending on the Mega-evo look)
    Wailord
    Sharpedo (if not Swampert) / Tropius/Cacnea (if not Sceptile)
    Cradily
    Manectric
    Camerupt/Some non worthless fire type

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I will start with a mudkip and do a nuzlocke. Lets see how it goes from there !

Years
  • I 'll be choosing Treecko as my starter. I'd like to have a to at using a Roserade, and an Aggron will probably sneak its way in too. I'll also have a Tropius as a HM slave, obviously. I like to fly in style.

And Spinda, too, if it gets a Mega.

Years
  • Probably Swampert, Camerupt, Roserade, Swellow, Hariyama, and Linoone for OR. For AS, replace Swampert with Treecko and replace Roserade with some Water type (not sure yet).

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I've deduced that in the event Pokemon from Generation IV and onward are not available, I'll be using the following teams:

Alpha Sapphire:
    If Treecko
    Sceptile / Manectric / Mightyena / Pelipper / Gardevoir / Flygon

If Mudkip
    Swampert / Manectric / Swellow / Flygon / Torkoal / Roselia

Omega Ruby
    If Mudkip, it'll be a throwback to my Emerald game team
    Swampert / Swellow / Flygon the whole game, haha.

I might swap some things like Pelipper out for Sharpedo and then add Swellow somewhere because I really love Swellow in Hoenn, and it brings back nostalgic memories using it! I'm just head over heels for RSE in general and am so excited to be able to travel through Hoenn again...

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Sceptile and Altaria are first picks. I want to keep my team as close to my original as possible, but probably with a few changes. ;) I'm not keeping Delcatty like what I did in the originals - it's just weak. Azumarill and Ninetales will have a 50/50 chance of a comeback, I'm not too sure about it yet. :)
    My planned team will be:
    - Sceptile
    - Altaria
    - Azumarill
    - Lunatone/Solrock (depending on which version I'll get, since I expect them to be version-exclusives like in the original)
    - ??? (Ninetales or Seviper/Zangoose)
    - Mightyena / Froslass

This is just a rough draft on what my planned team will be. When it comes to catching Pokemon, I'd like it to be spontaneous - so this will have a high chance of change. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Sooo many choices hmmm:
    Breloom, Sceptile, Milotic, Flygon, Manetric, Swellow, Salamence, Mawile, Altaria. ;O;

Exploud, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo.. ;O;

Last edited:

rpryor03

In and Out
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    It'll be my standard RSE team:

• Blaziken
    • Salamence
    • Breloom
    • Skarmory
    • Gardevoir
    • Medicham

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I can't really tell 100%, but I am going to assume the pokemon on each route will be extremely similar to HGSS, where they kept most of the newer pokemon away and only added pokemon that had evolutions.

I like all three of the Hoenn starters, but I think I will go with Swampert for my choice. Just hope he gets a Mega. If Sceptile gets a Mega and turns into a Grass/Dragon, I might go with it. But my first Hoenn pokemon ever was Mudkip and since I used Blaziken in X, Mudkip is almost my 100% choice.

With the others, I am not too sure yet. I think I will use Mightyena or Sableye for sure since I have used Absol a lot lately.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Okay, so those are the members that will definitely be on my OmegaRuby team:
    Swampert
    Mawile
    Gardevoir
    Swellow
    For the remaining two members I'm thinking Aggron and Linoone, or Cradily and Vigoroth.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I know I'm starting with Mudkip, but besides that I don't really know.

My original Ruby team was Swampert, Pelipper, Medicham, Banette, Mawile, and a Shelgon I could never get to evolve.

Besides my starter I'm going to want to change it up a bit--I love Mawile but I've created a competitive team around one in X so I'd kind of like to use something new.

I was also thinking of catching another Meditite/Medicham to use as a Mega for Omega Ruby, but if Swampert happens to get one I might just forgo Medicham altogether this time around.

If they include newer Pokémon in these games, I might use a few of them, but my focus will be on Hoenn Pokémon.

Last edited:

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I know I'm picking Torchic in Omega and Mudkip in Alpha, as for the teams though I plan to keep it Hoenn based.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Blaziken
    Gardevoir
    Exploud
    Milotic
    Pelipper
    Ludicolo

Its actually surprisingly stable despite the 3 water types, since grass is only super effective on milotic and electric only hurts pelipper and milotic. I can always teach Blaziken and Exploud earthquake.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • I've been waiting 11 years to put this team down!

Sceptile
    Manectric
    Ludicolo
    Flygon
    Altaria
    Walrein

That's the plan for my first go-around, anyway. All Hoenn. Other regions will come later.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    My team will look (something) like this
    Swampert
    Aggron
    Mightyena
    Gardevoir
    Manectric
    Swellow

I really like using Hariyama and Sableye from those games too though so I'll have to figure out how to exactly play around with a team that can all be caught fairly early in the game though. I'm also excited to see how the Fairy typing affects a better chunk of the game.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not sure yet, i'll probs pick treecko as my starter, but asides from that, ive got no clue

each game i decided on a team before each game, but it ends up changing when i actually play the game lol

i'll probably have a salamence in there somewhere tho (maybe even flygon instead idk)..
    would probably have chosen manectric, but i used him in Y so I don't want to use him again so early lol

Back