• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hot Springs in Lavaridge

Years
  • The small, humble town that holds the 4th gym badge in Hoenn also contains a Hot Springs behind the Pokemon Center, fueled by the active volcano nearby. According to legend, the springs help soothe the body and relieve it of pain. That's not what was important to the player, though! The elderly couple in the Springs gave you an egg that contained a Wynaut. I'm curious, do you think the Pokemon inside the egg will change in ORAS? Could the springs receive a new purpose in the remakes?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I just finished posting in the non-Hoenn legendaries thread that Volcanion could appear.

I think they may keep it as Wynaut. Or maybe they could offer us to choose one of three eggs, one of a water type, one of a grass type, and one of a fire type which could turn out to be the Johto mascots ;).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What I'm more curious about the hot springs in ORAS is how would this affect your characters' outfit now that we have 3D models and a possible return of character customization. Will the characters' outfit magically turns into swimwear once you enter the springs, or will you keep whatever outfit you're wearing?

Years
  • What I'm more curious about the hot springs in ORAS is how would this affect your characters' outfit now that we have 3D models and a possible return of character customization. Will the characters' outfit magically turns into swimwear once you enter the springs, or will you keep whatever outfit you're wearing?
    Maybe they'll change it so that we won't be able to enter the water :(. Or they'll make us pay and once we pay the player will have a different outfit, and we could do stuff in the springs like hatch eggs quicker...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Why can't the thread title be, "Bathing with old people... in 3D!"?

I guess they''ll have to make it a paid service, unless you want to see your character soak in the springs with their clothes.

Besides, swimsuits!

Or, your clothes magically turn into a swimsuit the minute you exit through the back entrance. :O

What am I even saying.

Also, I still think it'll be a Wynaut egg. And maybe an extra one post game.

There is still the sand blanket in front of the springs thougj.

Years
  • How about we implement a system where the player character will get exhausted the more they walk/run/do stuff and the hot springs will restore their energy? 8D /Harvest Moon & Rune Factory-inspired joke

I can't see them changing the egg you receive; Wynaut seems like the type of Pokemon an older person would give out. (Don't ask me why I feel that's the case; I just do XD) Can't really see the hot springs serve another purpose either, unless they take out the Pokemon Center and make the hot spring the place of healing, much like the hot springs on Knot Island in FRLG. That seems most plausible and would be somewhat unique~

Years
  • How about we implement a system where the player character will get exhausted the more they walk/run/do stuff and the hot springs will restore their energy? 8D /Harvest Moon & Rune Factory-inspired joke

I can't see them changing the egg you receive; Wynaut seems like the type of Pokemon an older person would give out. (Don't ask me why I feel that's the case; I just do XD) Can't really see the hot springs serve another purpose either, unless they take out the Pokemon Center and make the hot spring the place of healing, much like the hot springs on Knot Island in FRLG. That seems most plausible and would be somewhat unique~

I have been wondering if they'll keep the Hot Springs and the Center connected like in the originals, or make them separate places. Making the Hot Spring the center would be cool and unique. Maybe Nurse Joy will be a host like character :)

Years
  • I don't see how the hot springs and the sand blankets will serve as anything other than a cosmetic feature (Maybe my creativity is just shot at the moment). If they were far away from a Pokemon Center, it'd be more useful for them to serve as a Pokemon Center itself.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I kinda like how Lavaridge's Pokemon Center was different from all of the others so I'm hoping they are still connected. As for the use of the hot springs, I can't think up of anything else other than use it in breeding purposes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hot Springs, hmm... well, I think it would be pretty cool if they'd implemented such a feature where, if you'd taken Pokémon into this place right after a battle without healing, it'd fully recover their health while also boosting happiness. This way, we'd be having an easier time evolving Golbat and the like. :] Chances of it happening are pretty slim, but it definitely shouldn't hurt to keep hoping, right? Aside from that, don't think I have no other ideas. As for egg, it'd still hatch into Wynaut, I'm sure. It's a Hoenn Pokémon, so if they'd switch it around with something else from any other region, it wouldn't make much sense.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The hot spring isn't positioned right for being any use. Apart from the Wynaut egg, it's in Lavaridge Town and near the Pokémon Centre, so everything a Trainer needs isn't in the right area. Now, if this was in the middle of Jagged Pass or Mt. Chimney... it could serve as a healing spot. But seriously, a spring is just for relaxing. What do you expect to get from it?

Sorbet

sυᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀвᴇт
    Years
  • Your outfit could change to swimwear once you exit the Pokémon Center to the hot spring. And like someone else said, it would be pretty awesome if walking around in the hot spring would halve the time needed to hatch an egg :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I doubt they'll change it from Wynaut, since that was the only way we could get that evolutionary line without someone getting to Mirage Island. Plus, they kept Togepi in HGSS :)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I hope they do keep it! Additionally, I hope they make the old couple a bit more important than just giving you an egg. Maybe we have to do a quest for them and in return they give you the egg? Maybe they've broke their hips and need you to fetch them something?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • As much as I'm looking forward to the 3D hotsprings with the elderly people... I'm not entirely sure how much more they could expand upon it, perhaps it could heal your Pokémon when you enter.

Years
  • Maybe they could include an extended storyline in which the rival invites the player to the hot springs. Maybe they'll tell us something about their life and ask us what we thought of Johto (it also doubles as a reference to the last remakes). That way we'll get to know her/he better!

Years
  • A part of me hopes that they'll give you an egg and it'll randomly hatch into any of the baby Pokémon although I won't be upset if they keep it as a Wynaut. After all, why not? :P

Either way, I can't wait to see what the springs will look like!! :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Your outfit could change to swimwear once you exit the Pokémon Center to the hot spring. And like someone else said, it would be pretty awesome if walking around in the hot spring would halve the time needed to hatch an egg :D
    Just one problem, how will this affect your trainer model when you look into your trainer I.D. while you're in the hot spring. Will it show the outfit you were currently wearing or your swimwear?

Back