• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • I HAVE ONE QUESTION AFTER I GET THE BIG MACHETE THEN WHAT DO I NEXTckret2

First of all, don't type in caps. It's annoying and makes
    me feel that you're mad!

And secondly, this question has been answered dozens of times!

But since you're new here, I'll answer it.
    Sorry, but you can't go further in the Hack after
    receiving the Big Machete.

All you can do is to wait for the next Alpha.

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Blargh. Might work on some art. I dunno. I'm really bored, if there is anyway I could help, ask me. Wait. Maybe I could work on a small site? Its up to you I suppose.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Blargh. Might work on some art. I dunno. I'm really bored, if there is anyway I could help, ask me. Wait. Maybe I could work on a small site? Its up to you I suppose.
    Actually Ckret, I think a ToxicPurple site would be really cool.
    And I just had a thought about Pokemon insertions... If you're trying to make this game as authentic as possible, well, I don't think Red ever ran into a Gliscor or anything...
    Anyway, personally I would like to see Weavile in here, but if you're really trying to mirror the original game, I don't know if DP Pokemon are a good idea...

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
  • @shadowshelb:
    1) you need to have a unaltered ROM (google is your friend) and download LIPS.
    2) Run lips and select "apply IPS patch". Then select the ips file and then the gba ROM file.
    3) run the ROM file now in VBA, it should work!

Good work ckret! one small question: will the red gyrarados arc be in the game, and are you able to catch the red gyrarados, or will the "hero" from johto have it to fight against you?

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    It doesn't work! It says .ips file, which vba doesn't recognize.
    You know, if just one more person asks about this, I'm going to cry...
    Okay, you obviously haven't done your homework, but here it is for what must be the hundredth time:
    1. Search for and download the Lunar IPS program (LIPS).
    2. Download a FireRed ROM.
    3. Copy your ROM so that you have a backup.
    4. Open LIPS and click "apply patch," first select the IPS file, then select FireRed.
    5. Your file is patched. Open the ROM you patched in VBA and it will work.

*sigh* Ckret, if you want you can copy and paste those instructions into the first post, it should kill this line of questioning if you do. I am utterly sick of having people ask this, personally.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • You know, if just one more person asks about this, I'm going to cry...
    Okay, you obviously haven't done your homework, but here it is for what must be the hundredth time:
    1. Search for and download the Lunar IPS program (LIPS).
    2. Download a FireRed ROM.
    3. Copy your ROM so that you have a backup.
    4. Open LIPS and click "apply patch," first select the IPS file, then select FireRed.
    5. Your file is patched. Open the ROM you patched in VBA and it will work.

*sigh* Ckret, if you want you can copy and paste those instructions into the first post, it should kill this line of questioning if you do. I am utterly sick of having people ask this, personally.

Ok, for one, Chill. I just joined these forums recently, god Forbid I should read through 52 pages of posts to get one question answered. Youtube answered my question, in fact. I enjoy Toxic Purple, however the difficulty is annoying but entertaining. I have never whited out 3 times in one day before this :D

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Actually Ckret, I think a ToxicPurple site would be really cool.
    And I just had a thought about Pokemon insertions... If you're trying to make this game as authentic as possible, well, I don't think Red ever ran into a Gliscor or anything...
    Anyway, personally I would like to see Weavile in here, but if you're really trying to mirror the original game, I don't know if DP Pokemon are a good idea...

Eh, don't think at this point that it really warrants its own site. The first page should be good enough (or at least it WILL be when I get around to making that FAQ list. Eventually.)

If any other Pokémon are inserted, like from DP, they certainly won't be Pokémon you catch in the wild--they'll be Pokémon you steal from foreign trainers that Red/Kris didn't run into, or that you get through the black market, or through some other strange/special events. They won't running around in the grass or anything like that, since Sinnoh Pokémon tend to not randomly show up in Johto/Kanto. (... Excluding HG/SS's Hoenn and Sinnoh radio stations. But sadly, Team Rocket doesn't get a nifty radio that has those stations.)

@shadowshelb:
    1) you need to have a unaltered ROM (google is your friend) and download LIPS.
    2) Run lips and select "apply IPS patch". Then select the ips file and then the gba ROM file.
    3) run the ROM file now in VBA, it should work!

Good work ckret! one small question: will the red gyrarados arc be in the game, and are you able to catch the red gyrarados, or will the "hero" from johto have it to fight against you?

The Red Gyarados arc WILL be in the game, and will be fairly important--after all, it IS Team Rocket that's stirring up trouble at the lake. You won't be able to catch it, though. That's the hero's job. I don't remember whether or not it ends up on Kris's team, but I already have her Pokémon team planned out.

If you'd like, you can ignore the people asking those questions. :D It's what I try to do.

... Yeah, yeah, when I get around to writing the FAQ that will be written someday but hasn't been yet, I'll include instructions. Or a link to the instructions.

Ok, for one, Chill. I just joined these forums recently, god Forbid I should read through 52 pages of posts to get one question answered. Youtube answered my question, in fact. I enjoy Toxic Purple, however the difficulty is annoying but entertaining. I have never whited out 3 times in one day before this :D

You're right, you shouldn't have to read 52 pages to answer one question. Which is why there is a handy-dandy link in the toolbar at the top of the PokéCommunity page that says "search," from which you can search for terms like, say "ips file not working," and get a list of a whole bunch of posts that ask the same question. It's a very useful link. I recommend it highly. (As a general rule, if you're having a problem, there are probably a hundred other people having the same problem. It pays to look for those people first, as it prevents you from being the hundred-and-first to ask the same question. :P)

Anyway, glad you like the game, even if it is ridiculously difficult. :D If it helps, in the next release some of the extra-ridiculous Pokémon will be made slightly easier (like that trainer with the Gastly who will knock out your Poliwag/Vulpix/Oddish and then engage your Rattata in a staring contest, it'll have a different Pokémon), but otherwise it'll still be designed to challenge.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • You could make Lance catch the Gyarados, like in the anime...THen you could battle him at Mahogany Warehouse, where he uses it against you...Just a suggestion

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
    Years
  • Anyway, glad you like the game, even if it is ridiculously difficult. :D If it helps, in the next release some of the extra-ridiculous Pokémon will be made slightly easier (like that trainer with the Gastly who will knock out your Poliwag/Vulpix/Oddish and then engage your Rattata in a staring contest, it'll have a different Pokémon), but otherwise it'll still be designed to challenge.

To be honest, I actually like the difficulty. (Besides the Gastly, for obvious reasons.) Especially considering it's early on in the game, and that your Pokemon have very few moves. The tough battles are just fun, and feel a lot more realistic. It's one of the things that made me like this hack.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Okay, I feel slightly goofy now.
    But Weavile Gemeni has a point; the difficulty is definitely one of the game's defining points... this would be a lot of work, but would it be possible to make two different ips files, each with harder/weaker trainers? Nothing to worry about for now really, but if you ever suddenly discover that you have 100 free hours and nothing to do...
    And I love that idea for the DP Pokemon, it definitely makes better sense than catching them in the wild. You should seriously have the player beat up a Galactic Grunt that's come to see if they can expand the organization to Kanto, it would make for a hilarious script.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • To be honest, I actually like the difficulty. (Besides the Gastly, for obvious reasons.) Especially considering it's early on in the game, and that your Pokemon have very few moves. The tough battles are just fun, and feel a lot more realistic. It's one of the things that made me like this hack.

I agree with this. The difficulty is probably the thing I liked most about this hack- it let you actually have to work and strategize more in the game instead of beating every trainer with the same powerful moves each time. You should keep it.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Okay, I feel slightly goofy now.
    But Weavile Gemeni has a point; the difficulty is definitely one of the game's defining points... this would be a lot of work, but would it be possible to make two different ips files, each with harder/weaker trainers? Nothing to worry about for now really, but if you ever suddenly discover that you have 100 free hours and nothing to do...
    And I love that idea for the DP Pokemon, it definitely makes better sense than catching them in the wild. You should seriously have the player beat up a Galactic Grunt that's come to see if they can expand the organization to Kanto, it would make for a hilarious script.

I like this idea, you beat 'em up 'a la "The Godfather" Videogame'. And I agree that the script would be so funny. I'd love to see that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2010
    This looks impressive. I like the idea of being the bad
    guy instead of the hero, keep ut the great work. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Man i loved it, i just got really pissed off that i have no where to go now!!! i guess ill just train my Pokemon untill the next up-date comes, PLEASE Finish it soon :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back