• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How did you react?!?!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I woke up and checked twitter on my phone, saw that my followers were tweeting about #HOENNCONFIRMED and all that and I was like "ehh, it's just a meme" then I checked a text from a friend of mine and linked me to the teaser video of the games from the Official Pokemon website and I immediately fell off my bed screaming. All this happened A HALF HOUR after the actual announcement. I then proceeded to screaming all over the house, texted my bf about it, and fangirled about it on here. :D

Years
  • I had just finished something on White 2 and saved my game, then went to check Twitter and saw the cover art. I was like, WHAT? HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED?! I was in denial until I saw Serebii and thought OH MY GOD THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING.

So it is. Craziness upon us.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
  • *Screams like a little girl* -Yup that pretty sums it up.
    FBOSBFORCVOBWBIODUXWBPMUVBGEUIFVUIEFIVCXISTCsa

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Woke up, glanced at IRC, saw talk of it, froze for a second because ohmygodnoway, source checked, squeaked a bit, flipped out on every social media site I use, squeaked some more.

Years
  • My reaction...

Wake up and go on Marriland. Don't notice anything new. An hour later, go on Serebii and see that. Me:...

HOLY F-ING CRAP! GEN 3 REMAKE!

And proceed to text everyone about this while hyperventilating and screaming.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Well I found out when seeing some ... friends of mine elsewhere posting about it. I thought they were joking so I checked Serebii and there it was. Then I was like "yay" but then I remembered I don't really care about Hoenn at all so stopped being like "yay". But I'm glad they're coming, people have wanted them for years after all and every fan deserves to play Hoenn..... IN 3D!!

Personally I just want Sinnoh now.

Poor Magmaruby and Aquasapphire, though! The dream is over :(

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • -Comes home from finishing my last final of my first year of college-
    -Hops on the internet, immediately goes on YouTube-
    -Notices a couple people I'm subscribed to have all posted videos relating to a new RS remake/sequel-
    -Confused, flabbergasted, immediately rushed over to Serebii, then to Pokemon's official website for confirmation- (since rumors have been going around for years)
    -HURNN URFFICURLY CURNFURMED-
    -Jumps up and down and all around again-

Pretty much sums up my reaction. Oh, and then I went on here to see how everyone else reacted, since I assume most of the community started off with RS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I saw it and then IMMEDIATELY (before even letting the excitement set in) wanted to then find everyone on these boards that made fun of everyone who was so sure that there was going to be hoenn remakes and rub it in their faces that "see? There ARE Hoenn remakes!!" so needless to say I will have the same reaction when Pokemon Z is released rather than X2 and Y2 ;-)

(Don't get me wrong, it's one thing to not believe in a Ruby or Sapphire remake, but quite another to intentionally belittle other people for believing it)

But I'm personally extremely excited, moreso to finally get the move tutors again (I am hoping. I'm basing it off the Fire Red/Leaf Green move tutors, as well as there's just too many pokemon that currently have terrible level up and TM movesets that I want to start being able to get good moves on them again)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • -saw mention of it in skype chat-
    -immediately went to serebii and looked at video-

woah woah woah woah woah woah hype woah

The funny thing is that they announced Johto remakes on May 7th, 2009. Happy Pokemon Day, folks.

tumblr_inline_n57k66W8hR1qg3em5.png

Years
  • I was studying and got on Twitter for a second ( :P ) and the first tweet I saw was serebii's tweet with the video... I was like -.- and then O__O... I screamed and ksdjhfkdjh! LOL

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I saw it on Nugget Bridge and I was in disbelief, so I looked it up on Serebii and it was true XD

Years
  • Woke up around 5 this morning. Opened Facebook, this was all around my wall. And I was super duper excited. But then I start to realize, I don't have a 3DS yet. But still super excited for the games. Maze-balls!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was like, "holy [bleep] on a [bleep] sandwich!" when the Ruby/Sapphire remakes were announced. I truly enjoyed playing the original Ruby and Sapphire and I'm looking forward to visiting Hoenn after around 8 years.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • I was walking around my house when my sister asked me if i've been on my computer today. I said no. so she said, "so i guess you don't know about the ruby/sapphire remakes." I laughed. She wasn't a very reliable source. Hope on my computer half an hour later, Clicked the serebii like, *Jaw Dropped*

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Doodedoo, checking Serebii, for some ne- OH MY ARCEUS WHAT?! Hoenn remakes... 3D... November. Walked around in a daze for about ten minutes until coming to my senses. Forum till 2am about Hoenn is the plan.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Here's the script:

*me and friend at train station, waiting for a train*

*friend foes on seribii, for a bit*

*he gasps*

Me: Is something wrong?
    Friend: Apperently they've annouced the R/S remakes.
    Me: Hmmm, oh. Cool.
    Friend: Yep.
    Me: What are they called?
    Friend: Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire
    Me: Eh, seems weird.
    Friend: ...yeah.

Back