• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I disable this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    List of really cool suggestions for people to do if they wish to avoid PC for the day

List of really cool suggestions for people to do if they wish to avoid PC for the day:

- Write a musical
    - Discover where Mew is really hiding
    - Find Equestria
    - Start breeding chickens
    - Learn to dance Gangnam Style
    - Create an ad for next year's Superbowl
    - Write up a plausable reason for Ash to evolve Pikachu in the anime
    - Plan your dream wedding on a budget of only $200
    - Learn to fly a plane
    - Take a photo every time you see a person irl with hair
    - Visit Stunfisk City and defeat the plasbad GREATEST PEOPLE EVER
    - Show Todoroki who's really boss
    - Prove Lerroux was real
    - Breed a shiny Pokemon
    - Find a Pokemon Sun and Moon leak online
    - Even better, fake a Pokemon Sun and Moon leak
    - Literally have 'reddit'
    - Track bobandbill down and put a superhero coat on him
    - Hack all 700-something Pokemon into RBY3DS.
    - Turn into a butterfly
    - Find something to ruin Trump's campaign

GUESS WHAT? If you complete the entire list in a day you WILL become a Pokercommunity admin! No lies it's a tried and true method!!!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    As someone who grew up on forums that looked like this, I'm completely fine with it.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I personally love this design, especially the plain text editor with no inline CSS, ahhh, memories. Why aren't all forums like this? x

edit: The lack of functionality is really vintage, any way to simulate the lag? Love you guys btw

edit2: Okay it's not funny anymore I can't upload my avatar

Years
  • I'm just going to be completely honest here. Anyone who thinks this 'joke' is a good idea is ignorant. I don't care if it's only for a day, you don't purposely remove functions from a website just because you think it's funny. You assume everyone is going to enjoy it, then you dismiss those who don't like it as being just a killjoy for your fun. Your thinking is unimaginably false. You are disrespectful to those who enjoy this place as it was before this horrible idea.

I've always hated these April fools jokes that websites pull nowadays. I come here to be a part of a community and have online social interactions. I don't come here to become a victim of mass trolling.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I second everyone else here. This is one of those April Fool's jokes that just isn't funny. I'd like to have the vBulletin skins back.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    It may not be related, but whenever I am trying to use search, I will get "A security token was missing." message. Is this one of the broken features for this joke or should I really report it as the message suggests?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If you guys had been in the dumpsters I've been in in the beginnings of my internet life, you'd think this is golden, lol.

C'mon, is it such a big deal? To me, only because it was done in the middle of a forum change. It got me, and I later realized the joke. It was fun.

It won't hurt you in any way to use this basic layout for a day instead of your super duper awesome layout you've carefully chosen. It's not that bad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    EVERYWHERE YOU GO, FRIENDSHIP THERE WILL GROW.

If my super awesome list of things to do today didn't help out, then consider this:

Is the forum stopping you from talking to your friends?
    There's a PM function and you can actually talk in threads (as you're supposed to do on a forum) and discuss things. It's an opportunity to meet new people!

Is this forum stopping you from having fun?
    Nah there's lots of ways you can pretend to be back in the old day.

Is this forum stopping you from accessing certain parts of it?
    Go to your address bar, start typing the name of the forum you want. If you've visited it before, it'll most likely be there. If not, 24 hours is a very short time in your life.

Is this forum currently ugly?
    Yes! But has something being ugly ever stopped you from becoming involved?

It brings a few questions:

Do you come to this forum for the pretty styles?
    Do you come to this forum to message people and not actually use the forum itself?
    Do you come to this forum to edit signatures and avatars and not actually post?

For a good majority of people the answer is no. It's ok to live without it, you'll be ok!

People actually experienced life like this online for years, and didn't care, and still had a ton of fun with their friends. What if the forum kept this style, or changed to a pretty style but kept the layout exactly like this, would you still use the forum? It's not the forum that matters, it's the people you talk to. Would you give up talking to the people you enjoy talking to for a layout? Nope! Now, let's take it the next step: Let's consider that you only have to deal with an ugly layout for a day. What if there was no Internet at all? What if you couldn't talk to people at all? You wouldn't know any better, so you wouldn't care. Be glad that you're in 2016. You're not forced to use this layout permanently. You have Internet. You have less than 24 hours to put up with this change (you've made it through roughly five already). You get to experience what people in the early days did (it's like you're effectively going to a museum right now).

Now enjoy. :)

Friends can change the world you see!

PS: I grew up without visitor messaging. I survived. :')

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i mean the april fool's joke could also be something that doesn't hurt the functionality of the forum

but i guess trying to be funny is more important
    Pretty much yeah! (:

Omg the old post interface
    The SMILEY LIST no wait ICON LIST

I can put a subject on my post? Whoa haha. This really brings me back :')

Years
  • Pranks are made to annoy the prank'd. I'd say is working :PP

...I was pretty sure pranks are supposed to be funny for everyone when they're over? I don't think pranks are supposed to piss people off for someone else's expense, that's just called being rude and an asshole.

That's why "it's just a prank bro!" is a meme, becuase it's not a prank it's just a dude being a dipshit.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • I'm glad I got my theme back, strictly because the old theme was running amok with my posts. I couldn't edit anything, because "security tokens" had expired.

I don't mind going retro, but be sure not to bug me out of fixing my own posts, people.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    well I just want to say that I'm a fun person and I love fun things and by association I thought this prank and the associated tantrums were just hilarious
    hope this only emboldens shawn for next year and thanks for the good time

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Wow, I've never seen such mass dismissal of people's preferences to toggle back to a functioning theme from both users and high-level administration.

That's really disheartening.

Hope next year is a little more considerate from the other side and not so obsequious and derisive.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    It shouldn't be broken. I would report it as per usual.
    I was about to do so, until Ausaudriel linked that different skin, in which search worked OK for me. So, obviously, it was related ;)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Wow, I've never seen such mass dismissal of people's preferences to toggle back to a functioning theme from both users and high-level administration.

That's really disheartening.

Hope next year is a little more considerate from the other side and not so obsequious and derisive.

I think it's rather the opposite. I found the overreaction ludicrous.

The broken features weren't intended by the staff, we were just supposed to go back to the glorious early 2000s. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2018
    It was still last month and yesterday when the joke began on my end {XD}

In fact at this point I'm still only 33 minutes into the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back