• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How do YOU decorate YOUR Secret Base?

Sinion

Insane Mastermind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I'm always curious how people spiff up their bases. Do you make it more realistic or just plain goofy with plushies or tiles everywhere?

Years
    I like to keep mine simple, given the limited space my Secret Base currently has. Just some plushies and posters for decoration, and I include the bed because always never hurts to have a healing spot.

Sinion

Insane Mastermind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I like to keep mine simple, given the limited space my Secret Base currently has. Just some plushies and posters for decoration, and I include the bed because always never hurts to have a healing spot.

Hm.. I've never actually put a bed in my secret base. I always gotta have that random mudball to splatter the floor.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I try to find a Secret Base with plenty of space so I have enough for both the bare necessities (bed, Level Release, Proclamation, and maybe a table or light) and any decorations that happen to look good.

Speaking of Secret Base designing, I think this is good practice for finding your own place in real life by arranging everything you have within a limited space.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I made mine like a gym. I usually never do anything with my base but I decided to do something with it this time around

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Put all the fun decorations in mine :) Slides, plushies, the like. I don't have that much stuff but I plan on buying more soon!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I haven't been on in a while, but I think I have a painting up with the rug and a bed. Im pretty sure there is a night stand and lamp (idk if they are in the game lol...i fogey) with the starter plushy things.

Reio

Unova Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Current Simple,but sometimes will change theme,put many grass or flower stuff and table..make like a Forest Cafe (lol)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Mine was originally intended to be an Ice/Normal Gym. It has a reception counter in the front area around my PC (made with 2 Heavy Desks, I think) with a Meowth Doll on one and two people behind it, a Level Release in the small cubbyhole between them, and a Poké Ball Poster on the wall next to that. On the other side of the front area is an Elegant Desk with more people standing around it. A Solid Board gives access to the back area. There are couple Glitter Mats and a Powder Snow Mat in the middle, with my avatar assigned to stand on the Powder Snow Mat and another Meowth Doll next to me. Behind my avatar are two Gym Statues, Dad's Scroll, and 2 Icy Desks in the back corners. While access to my Flag may seem blocked, there's actually a Blue Warp Panel hidden behind the Icy Desk on the right that will take you behind the reception counter. You have to walk past the side of my avatar that doesn't have a Meowth Doll to get to it.

You can scan the QR code in my sig if you want to download it (click to enlarge if needed).

Last edited:

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    I just stick what I can where I can. I don't have a particular theme in mind yet as I haven't played much recently, so wouldn't have many decorations to use.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Mine was originally intended to be an Ice/Normal Gym. It has a reception counter in the front area around my PC (made with 2 Heavy Desks, I think) with a Meowth Doll on one and two people behind it, a Level Release in the small cubbyhole between them, and a Poké Ball Poster on the wall next to that. On the other side of the front area is an Elegant Desk with more people standing around it. A Solid Board gives access to the back area. There are couple Glitter Mats and a Powder Snow Mat in the middle, with my avatar assigned to stand on the Powder Snow Mat and another Meowth Doll next to me. Behind my avatar are two Gym Statues, Dad's Scroll, and 2 Icy Desks in the back corners. While access to my Flag may seem blocked, there's actually a Blue Warp Panel hidden behind the Icy Desk on the right that will take you behind the reception counter. You have to walk past the side of my avatar that doesn't have a Meowth Doll to get to it.

You can scan the QR code in my sig if you want to download it (click to enlarge if needed).

Your base is so cool!! I checked it out :) I'm working on gathering flags, but this may take a while. After that I want to model mine like a Dragon gym :3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I used to put several tricks in my Secret Base, like having many grasses to hide some tricks, but now I've been decorating part of my Secret Base to have the café-like feel, while I designed the other part of it to be like my personal room, with plushies, bed and TV inside. I also pretend to be a Gym Leader in my own room by putting the familiar Gym statue and painting just like in Norman's Gym.

So, it's a mix between cozy and laid-back at the same time.

Yosei

~dIsToRtIoN~
    Years
    I usually use lots of dolls, but I also use my fancy confusing carpet, a bed, tables and chairs, and plenty of glitter and music mats! :3 So it's basically a glob of pink and blue... XD

Years
    I have a couple of yellow bricks with some starter plushies on them (Treecko, Cyndaquil and Chikorita), a red flame cushion, a glitter mat, a large fire mat which I'm planning on putting a Charizard on, and finally some musical note mats :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I go for realistic - I had a berry blender machine and my teammates were set up around it to look like they were using it in one corner. Another corner had a little desk and vending machine, sort of a lounge area, and then the back "room" was my personal room with a bed, plushies of my favorite Pokémon, posters, and my challenge spot. So, sort of like a personal spot with a lot of contest quirks because I have the rare contest items too, the berry blender, etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    For those who don't know, there's a secret base comp happening in the stadium you should all enter imo! :') https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=351716 It's open til the end of the get together so yeah!

[user]sinion[/user] [user]platinumdude[/user] [user]sensei_soriel[/user] [user]CountessGardevoir[/user] [user]venitardus[/user] [user]altaris[/user] [user]badsheep[/user] [user]reio[/user] [user]KKN[/user] [user]lucky1yena[/user] [user]starrywindy[/user] [user]yosei[/user] [user]xtinaismeluvinwwe[/user] [user]katamari[/user]

I highlighted you guys if you were interested and if there's anyone else you think might be then do let them know.

Lapras: I hope this is ok!!!

Anyway on topic: I try to make mine like a secret cave. I change the colours often so it's like Groudon or Kyogre's cave and I have the music to match. The only thing is I used up most of my decorations on pretty things. c:

Back