• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you listen to songs on PC?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    What program/s do you use to listen to songs on your computer?
    Personally, I only use Windows Media Player or sometimes Real Player ^^

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Windows Media Player all the way! Real Player SUCKS imo. iTunes annoys the living daylight out of me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    CCCP with Media Player Classic/Zoom Media Player.

This is your best only choice.
    QFT. Everything else sucks. Especially Windows Media Player; I mean it can't even play AAC (unless you download CCCP or something equivalent), which has been out since, what, 2001? Pure trash.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I use iTunes, it's the only music player/ media browser I actually like to use other than Exaile, but I only ever use that program on Ubuntu.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Um, Pandora.

I like to listen to their selection based on songs I like. It may not be a program player or anything, but it's a site that delivers my music just fine. Not trying to advertise or anything, but ever since I discovered Pandora, I've abandoned any kind of music player program I have. o_o;

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    WMP.

And if I don't have a song I really want to listen to; Youtube or Grooveshark.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    WMP, I've never had any problems with it, so I've never felt the need to bother using anything else.
    I'll sometimes use the Last.fm player aswell.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Spotify. It's like iTunes, only you can listen to whole songs without paying for them. You don't download (so you can't put them on your iPod), just create playlists and stuff. I still have iTunes for all the songs I can't find on there though, like my anime/game OSTs

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
    Windows Media Player. Mainly because iTunes hates my music library, and I don't have anything else downloaded.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I use iTunes...because I'm a Mac and iPod user. I've never had a problem with it.

On my PC I'd always use Windows Media Player. I especially liked the tiny player you could have in the taskbar. =3

Both used with the media keys on my keyboards. No complaints about either. xD;;

Never got along with Real Player myself, but it must be like five years since I last used it. D;

Oh, and I also use Spotify for music I don't own. =)

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I used windows media player for years, loved it. Was kinda disappointed i had to switch to iTunes when i got my ipod though.

So currently, i am using iTunes :(

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I'm using Windows Media Player 12 (because of 7). AND it will even play AAC files. BUT this is because of the way I have the K-Lite Codec pack configured. I used to use WinAmp and iTunes, but I feel that those programs are a bit clunky. Unless you're an advanced user, WinAmp won't do you much good, and iTunes uses up more resources than it needs to.

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    If I need memory, I use Windows Media Player, if I do not need any memory, I would eventually use iTunes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I use Last.fm or Youtube. My computer is too anal and slow to use a program like Windows Media Player or the sort.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I'm surprised no one is using Winamp. o.o

Anyways, that's what I use, and it's great. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I just use Billy. It's incredibly fast, and since it only shows the filenames, I don't have to bother with crap like tags :D

Back