• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you relax?

Cid

Years
  • After a busy week, or a tough day, or when you wish to just slow down life's pace, how do you relax?

Maybe you go listening to music, reading a book, taking a stroll, washing your face, chatting with friends, playing a sport, eating a meal, watching TV, surfing the internet, or doing anything. What do you usually do?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    After coming home from work, my feet always hurt. I sit on the edge of the bath and run warm-hot water on them and sit there for a while. Then I go lay down and watch TV shows that I missed while I was at work and then when that's done, I turn off the TV and lay in the dark! Sometimes I listen to relaxing music until I fall asleep. Sometimes I'll stay up a bit and read until I doze off.

Years
    • Getting changed into comfortable clothes. (I work in smart shirt, trousers, black shoes and such)
    • Cook myself some dinner.
    • Relax in my chair.
    • Talk to friends.
    • Watch TV/films.
    • Get into bed a little earlier to relax and go on computer/watch film.
    • Have a nice beer/cider/rum/whiskey when it has been a very long and hard day.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • After school, I go on the Internet until 8 PM. After that, I sneak on my DS and play until 9:30-10.

Years
  • After I get off work on my drive home I usually call a family member I haven't talked to in a while cause I love my family (although sometimes I can't wait to hang up). Then I get home and do a little bit of calisthenics but sometimes I skip that step. Then I shower off and chill on the couch with my wife and we watch some favorite shows or movies and sometimes after I play my DS and/or get on the computer. Basically just chill out, ya know?

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • After a long day, I get to my house and just flop down on my bed. I lay like that for several minutes before deciding to be productive. So I do homework or go online or something. Honestly, just not being at school is relaxing. It gives me a chance to unwind.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    When I get home after a rough day, the first thing I do is have a nice cup of coffee and listen to music. Then I take a nice long shower, and put on my pajamas. After that I usually spend quite a while staring out my window at nothing in particular, thinking about whatever my mind wanders to. The window doesn't have a very good view (unless you like dead trees) but it works.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It's really situational, but the only reoccuring method I use to relax myself is music. I always go on iTunes after a long day and listen to something that fits my mood. I also put on comforting clothes, like sweat pants or gym shorts with tank top, rather than staying in jeans and a t-shirt the entire time.

After track practice, a cold shower is a must. The feel of cold water on my sweaty skin is just amazing! I try not to lay on my best, because there's the chance that I might pass out from exhaustion. Food. Eating is also something that "relaxes" me; I guess having something in my stomach and stimulating my hungery gets my mind off that, even if it's only momentarily.

I no longer seek video games or blogging sites as a form of relaxation. I become even more tense after playing my ps3 or DSlite. Tumblr makes me angry in general. But going on Youtube and watching new covers of songs I like and finding funny videos usually lift up my mood.

But I guess the best thing I do to relax is to sleep. I sleep my stress, anger, anxiety, and problems away. It's my only escape.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    I take strolls at night to reduce my stress and anger. This also helps me forget about school and actually have some alone time to think. I sometimes listen to soothing music when I am in a bad mood.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Showering helps me relax, especially when the water is nice and steamy. Other ways would probably be eating, reading, and sleeping. Music is a nice addition, but not a necessity.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Strip.
    Put some music on.
    Get some lotion.
    Dim the lights.
    Slap the lotion on my hands and prepare for the daily thrill ride.
    Start playing Dead Space and Gears Of War.

What, had something else in mind?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Television has a remarkably relaxing effect on me. It's probably thanks to years of conditioning on my part, but whether I'm watching a hilarious comedy or a sobering drama, the mere presence of watching something is enough to let all of my stresses and strains melt away. Although, if I had to choose, watching classic Simpsons is probably a tad more relaxing than watching an episode of Mad Men.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I'm a sucker for a hot bath, with the lights off and my computer in the corner playing some quiet ambient instrumental tracks.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • If I just got off work or out of class
    Change into some house clothes
    Nap if I can't nap enjoy a good movie. Play some video games. Read one of my many books.

Years
  • Do the things I usually do. Get on the computer, distract myself with websties and writing.

Sometimes I take a hot shower just to calm down a little. Sometimes sleeping works wonders too. I love a good nap. :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    I usually go to forums and read stuffs, play chess with my bro's, practice my finger-style in guitar. or just sit and watch tv.

Back