• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How hard has the game been for you so far?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Personally, I didn't really make an effort to fight too many trainers, but I ended up fighting enough to keep me in line with the bosses, usually within a level or two.

Obviously, if you fought every trainer, you'd get overleveled (especially if you were using Exp Share like me), but I didn't do that. Actually, much like the original RSE, I pretty much did no optional fights between Fortree and Victory Road. But there was still enough experience to get my team to level 50 for Sidney. By Steven, they'd grown to 54 or so.

Years
  • Finished the game and my team was right around the same levels as the Elite Four by the time everything was said and done. EXP Share was off most of the time and I did most of the battles for the first half of the game but I did avoid some of them on the longer Routes. The game ended up being slightly harder than X and Y; it was nice to actually be able to have somewhat of a challenge with the Elite Four.

Delta Episode, or at least the last two battles of it, were laughably easy, though.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • But then again, knowing how many veteran players lurk around this forum, I imagine a lot won't even try to use the Exp. Share for the sake of wanting a challenge.

It adds to the nostalgia feel to me. Exp. Share makes it too easy. :v

Meh, I've already added the rules to this playthrough. Exp. Share off, Battle Mode Set, and no Poke-Amie whatsoever 'til the first Hall of Fame entry. Also, no using the Beldum. That's cheating in a lot of ways. :v

Still in Rustboro so far, my current party just reached lv 10 (training 3 more other than my starter), so it's still pretty decent progress. Now, I hope that without me using the Poke-Amie this time, there's a challenge.

I'll enjoy blacking out a lot lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've only gotten just past Slateport city and so far it's been easier than I remember. But that could also be because I was 10 then and 21 now. I usually had a lot of trouble with the rival battle on the way to mauville and with Wattson so we'll see how that goes before I can start deciding for sure.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Definitely harder than X and Y imo. I've just beat Flannery and moved into the desert. I must say,Watson and Flannery proved quite a challenge. I beat them both first go, however having a team of Grovyle, Swellow and Kirlia meant I had very long battles with both of them, as I just had to whittle down there HP. Just caught a Trapinch which should help me take care of my inability to deal with fire, electric and steel types.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Well, It's really easy but hardest than X Y. I hate this recent type of Exp. Share

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Too easy. Way over-leveled. And I don't want to skip trainers/turn off EXP. Share because I added a Feebas/now Milotic to my party who's under half the level of the rest of my team and I've been spoiled.
    There is also the part of knowing this game inside and out. I'm curious to keep up with my sister's progress as she started in gen IV (that's weird to type lol).

Years
  • I'm closing in on the Pokemon League.

I brought a Milotic with me, I actually brought a whole team, but I haven't had to use much other than Milotic.

I guess you could say the difficulty leaves something to be desired. It's a little harder than X/Y, but not by much.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • I'll agree in saying it was slightly harder than X & Y. I play without the game breaking item known as the EXP share and at times I found myself under leveled and going through a bit of a struggle which wasn't the case in X and Y. Also, Diantha is a joke compared to Steven. He's the first champion I've even come close to losing against since Cynthia in Platinum.

Years
  • Its slightly harder than X & Y but the AI trainers are stilll really really weak compared to Gen 1 & 2. And Team Aqua/Magma are just way too easy with their pokemon rosters and occasionally dumb choices made in battles. I still feel Colosseum was harder in comparison.

Years
  • Its slightly harder than X & Y but the AI trainers are stilll really really weak compared to Gen 1 & 2. And Team Aqua/Magma are just way too easy with their pokemon rosters and occasionally dumb choices made in battles. I still feel Colosseum was harder in comparison.

You think Gen I had good AI? Mind you, there it was really messed up, because there the mechanics were really glitchy to the point where even the Elite Four would only use status moves at certain points - for example, you would see a lot of opponents using Barrier or Agility just because you have a Poison or Fighting-type out.

That aside, i've reached the league, and still haven't touched the Exp. Share or used a single item in battle. I haven't battled them yet but my team is Level 48 across the board.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • You think Gen I had good AI? Mind you, there it was really messed up, because there the mechanics were really glitchy to the point where even the Elite Four would only use status moves at certain points - for example, you would see a lot of opponents using Barrier or Agility just because you have a Poison or Fighting-type out.

That aside, i've reached the league, and still haven't touched the Exp. Share or used a single item in battle. I haven't battled them yet but my team is Level 48 across the board.

I'll forever remember Blaine using a full restore on a full HP rapidash. Well, to be fair, the Gen I games are the very first ones and the system is definitely not as polished as today's standards.

I'm taking my own time for the games. Now at Petalburg Woods. Pretty darn easy so far... Though I trained all of my pokemon to Lv8 before fighting May. It has become a habit and I've been doing it for all games.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Despite the fact that I blatantly refuse to use the EXP share system, I am actually doing rather well in the game, and have yet to run into any significant problems.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
  • The game hasn't been hard for me yet. My only issue is that I always over-level my team so as of right now my Gardevoir (traded over my Ralts from X) and the shiny Metagross will not obey me since I only have 3 badges and they are currently at level 49 & 48. (FYI, I have Exp. Share on so they continue to level up.)

It's not making the game difficult just annoying since I can't use them to battle. Can't blame anyone but myself for that! Overall, the game has been fairly easy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The game was hard in terms of navigation, because there times I forgot where to go or who to talk to before I advance to the next city. But in terms of gym leaders and trainers, they are extremely easy to beat, much easier than in RSE. I remember I had to face Roxanne several times until I actually beat her, but it turned out that I was able to defeat her the first time. Same with Brawly and Wattson. I'm not in Lavaridge yet, but will see how Flannery does.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    The game was pretty easy for me, only because I played Sapphire and Ruby so much when I was younger and I know the Hoenn region on the back of my head. This game was an awesome remake though and they did great on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    As I mentioned, i'm not using the shiny Beldum, as I feel that's kinda dirty. And I beat Flannery a little while ago, and some of the trainers in the desert have been proving to be annoying, but mostly because i'm attempting to switch train a Trapinch that I caught (why is every single trainer using a stupid Sandslash?!). So at the moment i'd say it's harder than my first play of X was, definitely, although in that I used the Exp. Share for most of the game while here I haven't touched it once.

Just commenting as an onlooker rather than a player, I live in the UK and this week has probably been the longest week of my life so far...

In my original run through of X I used my Speed Boost Torchic pretty much from the get go alongside Fennekin and Squirtle, two megas to choose from alongside Xerneus when it came to the final game felt really OP and just plainly over the top. I'm not sure whether I will be using the Beldum or not, I might just stick it into X and raise it up rather than use it in AS. I will definitely use it in Omega Ruby though since that will be my mess around game, I like to make up teams and use them.

Apologies for going off topic, I will definitely post at the weekend when I finally have my games!!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd say it's harder, but that it's much more down to how I'm playing.

In X&Y, I eventually went through with a team of 12. Here, I've only gotten the third badge today, and already have a team of about 15 Pokemon, with more I plan to add as well. That's spreading the exp around pretty well, but going with a standard team of 6 I would definitely be overlevelled (and RSE wasn't so hard imo either). SOme of my friends certainly were overlevelled, haha.

Gym battles have been easy though, but that's just me playing the type advantage card. Marshtomp always breezes past Wattson, and a Beautifly with Gust was surprisingly very effective against Brawly... That reverse type battle guy though was not at all kind to me when I went up with a lower levelled team against his three level 20s with varied movepools. :V

Back