• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How important/unimportant is type overlap on teams for you?

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
Years
Same, I just use Pokemon I like. I've ended up using three Flying or Fighting types a few times in a run (four flying types once in X) and I couldn't care less.

Days
I usually try to avoid type overlapping, but when both pokemon are are useful and I like them, then why not have them both in my team. My brain tells me to have different types because it just seems logical, but sometimes logic loses while liking centrain pokemon wins, I guess.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I generally strive for type diversity in my playthroughs. However, against difficult bosses, I can find myself needing to use multiple Pokemon of the same type.

Years
Depends on a run. I usually try to avoid it, because ultimately, one Pokémon could outshine the other, but I don't mind if there is an overlap.

Years
Pretty important, I have an informal rule for my playthroughs that none of my Pokemon are allowed to share types. IMO it's helps prevent overly redundant teams where some team members outshine others.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
In playthroughs, many times, I often have Starmie and Gardevoir on the same team, where both of them are part Psychic-types. It doesn't impact gameplay for me personally. In competitive Singles, outside of monotype formats and weather teams of course, I try to make it a point to ensure that no types overlap. However, in competitive Doubles, type overlap doesn't matter much. What matters the most team synergy.

Back