• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long can you chew a piece of gum?

How long can you chew a piece of gum?

• Total voters

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
  • 15 minutes at the most... People around me tend to chew gum for at least an hour. It's baffling, doesn't it lose its flavor after like 10 minutes or something?

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Depends..usually with the regular flavored sticks I'm done with in like 3 minutes...the ones that taste like some kind of fruit,I swear,sometimes I get so bored,the flavor lasts that long xD;

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Usually until it loses its flavor, which is around 10-15 minutes I think? I don't really chew gum often and it really depends on the flavor.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • As long as it takes to satisfy my chewing addiction. :( Average... 30 minutes?

Years
  • ...I can chew for hours, especially when I'm busy working. For some reason the stuff can actually help me concentrate despite its eventual loss of flavour. But eventually I do spit it out when I'm tired of chewing.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I've actually found that I can keep a piece of gum all day if a meal doesn't stand in the way. I will chew a piece of gum until the flavor is gone, and sometimes that doesn't occur for many hours when we're talking about mint.

I suppose those bigwigs that run the gum company can market their product pretty well; the flavor does last for a long time.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    About 5 seconds before spitting it out because it's so gross =D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I usually keep chewing up I find a bin. Sometimes this causes me to keep chewing the same piece of gum for up to two hours. xD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I consider gum pretty useless after the flavour's gone, so however long it takes for the gum to start tasting like paper.

Years
  • I could chew it for hours until my jaws hurt but I only do it until I am fed up with it and the taste has completely left.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    I chew gum until the flavor is gone. Then I usually just stick another piece in there with a old one and continue to chew. So I suppose 61+ minutes.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I have a habit of keeping it on my mouth utill I have to eat.
    I rarely get tired of chewing it, so I have tried chewing it for hours.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I can chew for a long time. I could chew a piece of gum all day but I usually don't do that whole sticking it behind my ear thing. D: I don't chew the juicy fruit or anything. My choice of gum is Stride. :B It lasts forever and it's so awesome. <333

To people that chew gum till its tasteless: Try chewing Stride Gum. :B

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • At max, approximately 3 hours. Then I usually have to eat something, so yeah, I spit it out.

Back