• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how long does it takes for avg intelligent people to learn your job?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    1 month to be of more use than harm
    3 months to have a general idea
    And well, everyone in my current area is still learning new things and some of them have been there 5 years+!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    What's considered a "high intelligent job"? Sure certain jobs require more mental effort than others, much like some are more physically-oriented but to make that contrast is rude. As long as you're a hard worker, contribute to society, and do good by others and enjoy what you do, then that's enough for me.

Years
    I guess "high skill job" is somewhat subjective. To do my current job you need to have been doing it for several years as a hobby beforehand before you have the ability and knowledge to even begin transitioning into doing it as work. After that there's pages upon pages of technique and rules you need to learn. To me that constitutes a pretty high skill job, but to another person formal study at an educational facility might be a requirement to be labelled "high skill".

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    My job's almost entirely physical and requires a lot of practice and experience beforehand, so it'd take a good few years before the average person could just do it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You need to meet a certain level of patience in order to do two of the jobs I'm in.

Otherwise, lolnope.

Years
    How weird. I'm actually going to be teaching someone my job in a few days. I don't think it will take long to learn 75% of what I do, (a week? two weeks?) but there are a lot of things you have to pick up by habit which aren't really part of the job description but that you kinda need to know anyway - mostly things that other people in other offices are supposed to do but don't always do. That will take longer, at least a month if not several.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I work at Dunkin' and you'd be surprised the amount of people we get that seem to have little to no intelligence. :(

But it's not hard. Just learn how to make stuff, take orders, and handle customers and that's pretty much it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Depends on how fast they pick up on new things, and how good their memory is. Past that, it's more about developing patience to deal with difficult customers, and the confidence needed to try out new coffee drinks. I was a nervous wreck whenever someone wanted a drink I've never heard of before. Now they describe the bare minimum, and I can make it off of that. I'd probably say a week or two on the making coffee part, and a couple months on the confidence.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What's considered a "high intelligent job"? Sure certain jobs require more mental effort than others, much like some are more physically-oriented but to make that contrast is rude. As long as you're a hard worker, contribute to society, and do good by others and enjoy what you do, then that's enough for me.
    To do my job well, you need to know quite a lot about polymer chemistry and electronics and also lab etiquette and how to operate the machines and...

Sorry, but some jobs actually do require a higher education than others. I'm not saying it's a more worthy job because of it though!

Sir Codin

Kicking ass isn't easy, especially when you have to do a lot of running afterwards to avoid getting arrested. But that's the sacrifice you have to make when you choose a career dedicated to setting people straight.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    not every job is about intelligence.

"And nobody can do that, and that's why I have job security."

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    To do my job well, you need to know quite a lot about polymer chemistry and electronics and also lab etiquette and how to operate the machines and...

Sorry, but some jobs actually do require a higher education than others. I'm not saying it's a more worthy job because of it though!
    Sorry, but having an education doesn't mean you're intelligent. Sure, some jobs require a higher education than others, but not intelligence. It's easier to get an education if you're smart, but it certainly doesn't mean you can't if you're not.

aka there is a difference between the two

Back