• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how many tabs do you usually have open

Years
    i've known people (cough boyfriend cough) who have what feels like a hundred tabs open at once, meanwhile i'm a neat freak and tend not to have more than 6-7. and 6-7 is high; usually only when I'm researching things. how about you guys??

Years
    If you count the tabs I need to have open for work (device management, time tracking, sometimes an interface for email anti-spam), 2-4 is pretty common. If I'm just browsing outside of work though, not usually more than one unless I'm actively looking something up and need to reference multiple pages at once.

Apparently near-future versions of Chrome are going to start significantly improving energy use so tab-hoarders may soon be able to squeeze an extra hour or two of battery life on portable devices (on Chrome, at least).

Years
    • Seen today
    Almost never more than 2. I'm picky about this.

When I'm doing school work it does get crazy, and sometimes I end up with 10-15 tabs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    No more than 3 on my phone and I would say about between 5-7 on my laptop as I'm doing more on my laptop than I do on my phone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    In my phone, usually around 20. When it approaches 30, I start closing some. When it approaches 10, it's basically nothing so it's usually time to open some more! xD

In my laptop, I usually try to avoid it by having a WordPad file where I store all the links I'm planning to consult. It can get pretty big, but at least it's somewhat more organized and doesn't distract me when I'm coding.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
    everyday it starts off like 4 (twitter, youtube, twitch, reddit usually) but it ends up growing and sometimes i hit the point where firefox has to scroll between tabs. though i dont think i get past 20 anymore. my phone, usually no more than 10.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Usually 5 at a time. Sometimes, though, I have a second session window open in my browser that's a separate session to bypass anti adblock filters. If we're counting that, then 6.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For years I refused to have more than 6 or 7 tabs open at once and then this year it fell apart and I tend to have, like, dozens, sometimes? Right now I have four different browser windows open and they all have between 3-10 tabs open. @_@ It's so frustrating but it feels like more work to consolidate them so I don't.

I think my problem was definitely allowing myself to open a new window instead of dealing with my already-open tabs and then just running into the same problem a day later. Hibernating whenever I go to bed instead of fully shutting down and cleaning out my tabs each night probably also doesn't help.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    4 - 7 for me. I typically keep Twitter/PC/reddit/whatever video I'm currently watching open at once, and then open more tabs for when I have something else to go look at.

Years
    it varies for me, i tend to either have the right amount of 3-4 or way too much of 15-25 and call that adequate or even not enough depending on what i'm doing. i like how there's a group tabs feature on chrome officially now though so i can group similar sites together and mass exit by group which is very satisfying

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
    It really depends on what I'm doing: researching something, I may have like 20. o_O

If I'm just browsing around, I may have only like 5-10 max.

Years
    When I'm studying I can have maybe up to like 10? I'm generally pretty neat on it though and don't tend to go overboard any other time, I'd say here on PC is when I open up a few more as well.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
    i try to keep it low, around 3-4
    usually one for music, the rest is just whatever i feel like doing (mostly browsing twitter tho)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Two windows open with 2-3 tabs each. One for Pokémon stuff and the other for Animal Crossing stuff. Sometimes I'll reach up to 5 tabs in my ACNH window if I'm selling Turnips. You know how it be.

If I'm on my phone / tablet it's only PC and Nookazon.

Back