• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you use internet slang?

How often?

• Never. Its really noobish.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Rarely/sometimes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Really often

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • liek, all teh time lol brb

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    Occasionally. Most of the time, I use proper grammar. ._. Unless smilies count, in which case, I can abuse them like mad, depending on the post or IM.

The internet slang I use is mostly abbreviations (brb, lol, wtf, omg, ect), with a bit of lulz every once in awhile.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I always use proper grammer, even on chats and especially on forums. Unless smilies count, of course, which means then I'm a smily maniac. ^^

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    It all depends on the situation my friend says IDK way to much, so when he asked me out over a text, know what I said?.....IDK lol

so no not really

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Only the abbreviation ones, when I'm on an IM or just can't be bothered to say it, like BRB, Lol, g2g

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I... don't use that many, now that I think about it. Really only "omg", "brb", and "amirite?". For the most part, I prefer to use proper grammar :> But like Sammi said, if smilies count, then hell yes XD; I abuse smilies like crazy.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Mostly "brb" and "lol", which I use very often. And yeah, if smilies count, I slavedrive them.

Zet

Years
    mostly just the common slangs like "lol" "wtf" "brb" "bbs" "bbl" "tl;dr" mainly because typing those words are too long, otherwise I use correct grammar and etc

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    My response is very similar to the one's right above me.
    I tend to use really common one's such as: lol, brb, rofl, etc.

However, that's where I draw the line. I must have proper grammar, I must!
    My heart seriously hurts when I see internet slang or "text talk". I feel bad for the people using it. xD
    However, I do tend to use smilies a lot. That way people can see the face I made when I responded to their threads. ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I've gotten used to use it often thanks to you, people, since most seem to use it 24/7.
    I'd really like to avoid using it at all, but it's something that's already inside my head so I really cant avoid it.

Still, it's not as serious as some other people around the web world, luckily :)

usami

biohazard
    Years
    I use some internet slang. Like "brb", "bbl", "tl;dr", "omg". But nothing like "soz" or "teh" (though I typo the as that sometimes). D:

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I use a lot of it a lot, "lol" "lmao" "liek" "cuz" "w/e" "omg" "rofl" you name it, I've used it :|

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Only in things like chat rooms or in an IM conversation. Even then I kind of limit myself to small things, like btw or brb. I'm not against using internet slang, though. I think it only irritates me at the point where it's every other thing a person types.

I chose the Rarely/sometimes option on the poll.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    wtflulz 1n3rn3tz 5lan9 1s t3h k1llzorz

Aside from emoticons and the occasional chat-speak abbreviation, I go out of my way to make sure that my posts on forums are grammatically correct and in the form of complete sentences. The correctness of my posting generally reflects how relaxed or serious I feel about a certain topic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2008
    Well I would have to say not all the time, but sometimes either when I get really bored or feel really sick etc. I will use it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Not really often, now that I think about it. O_o;; Smilies take care of any slang. XD I use "liek" whenever Mudkip can be involved in the topic though. \o\ "WTF" sometimes, not many others. I guess "brb" "lol" and the like, but kinda rare. So yeah, I try to use proper grammar these days. :D

Back