• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Would You Approach Someone You Like?

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
  • Haha, title says it all ^^
    If u liked someone or want to be their friend, how would you approach that person or how did you become friends with them? Or even a crush o_O?

In my opinion, it's better to be near them and gradually avert the attention to u and get to know em better xD

How would you guys do it :3?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • If its someone i want to be friends with i usually start by getting to know them better and start doing more and more stuff with them. I also like to be quiet when meeting someone and ask a bunch of questions, just to see how they think and what they are like.
    As for trying to "win over" your crush, if there is something ive learned in life is to be straight-forward about it and just say what you feel. If you are sure you really like (or even love) someone and want to be their gf/bf, there is no better way imo than showing "courage" and self-confidence and talk openly about it

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • "Dangggg gurlll, are you a farmer cause you sure know how to raise a ♥♥♥♥ ;)"

No srs.
    Works 92% of the time right here.

Go to a girl that's pretty.
    Go on her Facebook.
    Message her about her looks.
    Keep talking for a little bit.
    Say you have to get off fb and for her to just text you.
    When you start texting, play 20 questions.
    ?????
    Profit

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Talk to them and get to know them a bit more. It's no use trying to get someone closer to you when you don't know anything about them :p
    In the case of a friend, try to do more things with them, try to connect with them and see if you have similar interests. For a person you like in that way, open up to them and see if they'll listen.

Years
  • On the rare occasion that I start actually liking an individual, I normally take the friendly/shy approach where everything goes at the slowest pace possible ;-; I'll start proposing things to do together, getting to know them, and this is probably after realizing that we have mutual interests because I personally don't believe in the whole opposites attract concept; that doesn't work for me. Never really gotten past the point where I've decided to tell them about my feelings though because I'm chicken DX

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • As far as friends are concerned I'm usually the one approached. I keep to myself and I'm terrified of people. I have been known to pursue romantic interests though. I can remember being absolutely crushed in highschool because a guy didn't reciprocate when I gave him candy and flowers for valentines day, after about 2-3 months of feeding him the correct answers to homework and quizzes so he didn't fail biology.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • For a crush, I stare at them a lot and say awkward things... i'm weird. I buy present for them too (only on special occasions like bdays and Christmas), to show my affection. At that point it's quite obvious that I am attracted to them so I'm straightforward and say so.

Has any of that worked out for you in the past?

I'm genuinely curious as I've found in my own life that that typically doesn't work out very well and it's better to make friends first. Also being female this may not apply to you but I find if I let guys chase me its usually better received.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I would talk to them and hang out with them in groups or alone even to become friends with them first. It's a lot easier to become friends and then move beyond that. Besides, if they don't like you, you can still have them as your friends!

I wouldn't tell them I liked them unless I thought they liked me back. Otherwise, it's best to just keep it quiet.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I would talk to them and slip in a subtle sexual innuendo. If they pick it up and continue it, I'm in. If not, better luck next time.

Reactions: Goo

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • If I want to know someone better I try to get a conversation with that Person, talking about your Intrest's him/Here Intrest, Hobby's Movie's ETC.
    If I have A crush on somewone, It Get's harder for me I'm Getting Shy then lol.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I put my charms on.

I usually just do what I normally do, thought sometimes I make some eye contact, and sometimes touch them (like hands or back) or just make contact when in close proximity, talk to them a bit, act cute, and it usually works out as planned.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • As for friends, just be cool, and be yourself. Like attracts like, and if you're willing to be out there, and social, then you're bound to find people that you can resonate with.

In the case of sexual companions, it really is a game. One that you either can play, or not. Period.

Now, for crushes. . .
    Approach them with confidence, and turn on the charm, of course. When it comes to a crush, you need to let them know subtly that you're interested, but that the name of the game is theirs to choose. It shows them that you're attracted to them, but not only to their body. Try throwing a thinly veiled compliment, the off center them by adding a slightly negative aspect to it¹. Make sure you listen well, and watch your step. Also be cautious of what they do, and know how to react to it. Remember to know what you can get away with, as according to your stats².

Spoiler:

Now toss all of that out, because you are not going to win the heart of somebody as entirely with using a formula as you will by just bare-ing your heart and soul to them. And you won't know if they're worth your heart and soul until they bare theirs.
    Love isn't about planning and plotting. It's about taking a leap, and hoping that they'll be there to catch you. Why do you think it's called falling in love? :3

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Uhhh well, when I did like someone last year, I avoided the hell out of him because I was too nervous. So maybe I'm not the right person to talk to about this. I did get introduced to him by another person on my birthday so yay? :3c The guy I liked before that, I had mutual friends with so I asked her if he was seeing anyone and she invited me over next time their group of friends hung out, so after that night, I added him on Facebook and started talking to him there.

As for my current boyfriend, I didn't immediately have a crush on him, and tbh that works out better for me. No awkwardness I had like with my last crushes.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Talk, and be touchy (so long as you can see they aren't bothered by it). Compliment, and be smooth, but don't act like a macho dick, which is definitely what some of my friends do, and I give them ♥♥♥♥ for it constantly. Be brave, and be ready to crash and burn.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Be brave, and be ready to crash and burn.

Personally this has been my motto when it comes to the ladies. I've been fairly lucky when it comes to swaying the opposite sex, but you really need to be willing to put yourself out there. Take yourself out of your personal bubble and just take a chance. You're going to miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so get out there and take those chances. Failures will occur, which is something that I think everyone needs to be willing of accepting. You don't want to scare this person you like by talking about being "soul mates" and jargon like that even though they said no, so knowing that no means no is essential. Maybe one day things will change, but you should be accepting of the person's feelings and just work on being friends for the time being.

Years

• Personally this has been my motto when it comes to the ladies. I've been fairly lucky when it comes to swaying the opposite sex, but you really need to be willing to put yourself out there. Take yourself out of your personal bubble and just take a chance. You're going to miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so get out there and take those chances. Failures will occur, which is something that I think everyone needs to be willing of accepting. You don't want to scare this person you like by talking about being "soul mates" and jargon like that even though they said no, so knowing that no means no is essential. Maybe one day things will change, but you should be accepting of the person's feelings and just work on being friends for the time being.

This gives me hope, but at the same time scares me even more XD Being selfish and only looking out for myself without being considerate of the other person's feelings is probably something that drives me to not be able to express my feelings openly and with confidence \: Also, it's more the fear of losing a friend than being rejected that makes me apprehensive.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • For someone I like, I would usually sit beside them a lot and be nicer than I usually am. I'd talk to them, get to know them more, and just treat them like I treat all my friends only with a bit of favoritism since I do have a thing for that person.

As for friends, I don't really know how I made friends. To be honest I actually made a friend in high school by going up to him and asking him if he heard "Now hiring condom testers" on the local news. We've been best friends ever since.

Back