• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you leave?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • The only reason I would ever leave this site is if it went so far down hill that it was no longer worth staying around. In that case, I doubt there would be any reason to do anything other than just disappear one day, or at the very most post a very sad message reminiscing about how great it used to be.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When I was younger, I would of cursed out all of the Mods and spam each section of this Forum with stupid threads. But now, I would just leave and never return because I have decided to leave several times this year and I would just not log in.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Interesting thread. My activity level has already dropped significantly and I only pop in every once in a while anymore, so I'm not sure if the concept of "leaving" means anything to me. I'll probably just forget to check in until the end of time and that's that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, I'm an expert in leaving PC without people noticing it. Once or twice (or thrice?) a year I decide that I don't need PC and that PC doesn't need me, and I just leave quietly. Kind of... mean to the people I call (and used to call/should still call) my friends here, I guess... When I was a mod and felt like I needed a break and DLoA wasn't enough, I had to post a thread telling the staff why, of course. But then, I think I left rather quietly again... at least I hope I did :x

If I was to leave now, I'd have to quit all the RPs I'm in, and I'd probably tell the people I'm posting with regularly that I'd be gone... by posting in the RP discussion thread saying I'd be gone, simply ^^ Not much more. Then I'd be a ghost for a while again. Again. Again.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'd probably PM a few of my friends on here that I speak to all the time and let them know.
    After that, I'd just log off and never log in again.
    Clean break.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I would PM all my friends and then make some big statement about how I needed to leave in my signature and them promptly return like...........2 weeks later.

OH NO WAIT I DID DO THAT LIKE TWICE >_>

Now whenever I need a break from PC I just take it. I no longer alert the entire forum about the impending tragedy.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If I were to actually leave, I'd probably just wander off. I don't think I'd storm off or leave intentionally or anything... just kinda absentmindedly pop in once in a while with longer and longer gaps between visits and eventually just not show up anymore. Pretty much everyone has some means of contacting me so I wouldn't worry much about abandoning people, I suppose.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I have personal experience on this because I did it........twice. Each time, it was a pretty good lesson in how not to leave a community that you've been an active member of. Cases in point:

Departure one was the result of opposition to a mod who I believed was having a bad influence on the community. Thinking I was like Martin Luther hammering his 95 Theses to the door of his church, I wrote a couple of paragraphs detailing everything I disliked about PC into my signature and left. If you're so aggrieved with the community for any given reason that you find this necessary it's your prerogative to do so, but my screed ended up hurting those of my friends who decided to stay behind and they ended up pretty marginalized by the new regime for their association with me. What you say can hurt those you care about even after you're gone, so be careful, though I think we're a far more mature bunch now and I don't think anyone would be treated differently for what their friends say.

Departure two came suddenly because I was going through the worst time of my life and I just decided that I was going to disappear from the world. Even after things got better, I stayed gone......FOR FIVE YEARS. No contact with anyone; my friends thought I'd died. Disappearing without a trace isn't a nice thing to do to your friends and the people who care about you here. You may like the idea, but it's extremely misguided. If you absolutely need to leave, at least acknowledge your friends and wish them well before making a final goodbye. This is what I'd do were I to leave again, but I'll never actually need to because I'm under obligation never to leave again. Certain people will kill me if I try.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've left like a thousand times, and each time, I just kind of disappeared without a word. And I would definitely do the same if I ever decided to leave in the future. tbh I don't think anyone would particularly care if I alerted PC that I'm leaving and why I'm leaving and blah blah blah. So I just leave. I have my contact details in my profile if anyone ever wanted to get a hold of me, so it's not like I've completely fallen off the face of the earth or anything.

WhiteExterior

Back from Beyond
    Years
  • This is really funny to me, considering I left about 5 years ago and have just now returned.

I didn't tell anyone I was leaving. Honestly, I just left. Poof. I was very, very sick. I didn't think I'd live much longer. So I thought it'd be better for people to hate that I left and gradually forget me than to tell them that I might be dying.

It was a big mistake, to be honest. It broke a lot of people's hearts, and caused a lot of betrayal issues, especially with the people I was very close to. I don't recommend anyone ever doing this, ever. If you're going to leave...at least say goodbye.

Years
  • If I suddenly disappeared from the forums it wouldn't create much of a stir - I don't think there's anybody here that would feel particularly saddened by my absence or who would get offended that I hadn't notified them of my departure or anything, so yeah. Multiple times I've returned to lurking for months and it hasn't caused an uproar yet :D

Back